Random picks need adjusting maybe?

By CaptLudd, in Road to Legend

Finished 1st 2 runs of the delve and like others got the same 1st boss fight, and 4 of the 11 monster groups were repeated, 1 three times. Hope they fix this this as this is the best way to play Descent yet! Btw I have all but trollkens of the expansions and own 2 H+M packs, can anyone tell me how many stages I have at my disposal? Thanks in advance....

Yeah, it is sometimes annoying to defeat a monster group, to then move on and you face it again...hahaha I think you can call it luck.

As for your other question, you can see how many stages per expansion you have when you add an expansion to your collection:

+Labyrinth of Ruin: 7 stages.

+Lair of the Wyrm: 3 stages.

+Manor of Ravens: 3 stages.

+Mist of Bilehall: 5 stages.

+Shadow of Nerekhall: 7 stages.

+Chains that Rust: 5 stages.

+The Trollfens: 3 stages (I know you don't have this expansion, but I put it here in case some others have the same question in the future).

H&M Collections does not give stages for the Delve, they only do give side quests.

So, you have 30 stages from the expansions plus 20 stages from the base game, you have in total 50 stages for the Delve.

Yeah, it is sometimes annoying to defeat a monster group, to then move on and you face it again...hahaha I think you can call it luck.

As for your other question, you can see how many stages per expansion you have when you add an expansion to your collection:

+Labyrinth of Ruin: 7 stages.

+Lair of the Wyrm: 3 stages.

+Manor of Ravens: 3 stages.

+Mist of Bilehall: 5 stages.

+Shadow of Nerekhall: 7 stages.

+Chains that Rust: 5 stages.

+The Trollfens: 3 stages (I know you don't have this expansion, but I put it here in case some others have the same question in the future).

H&M Collections does not give stages for the Delve, they only do give side quests.

So, you have 30 stages from the expansions plus 20 stages from the base game, you have in total 50 stages for the Delve.

Thank you, I forgot where to look for that information I appreciate the quick response.

The problem is that random is hard to understand. With the base game if we assume that 6 stages are bosses (one per Lieutenant) then there is a 92% chance that any two games will use at least one stage in both.

Even with all expansions it is 53% if the stages are divided evenly between boss/normal, but could be worse depending on the split.

Edited by BruceLGL

What would be great is if the App randomised like "shuffle" play in a music App...

By this I mean that it kept a global record of Delve stages that it has generated randomly irrespective of game/session, only randomly selecting from ones it hasn't generated until it has worked its way through all of them, then resetting.

Of course this could be 'gamed,' and for players with little or no expansions, stages could become more predictable as it works its way to the end of the list.

I think the potential predictability is worth it.

A better way would be to make recently played stages (and side quests) less likely to be chosen. There are no great solutions though, other than just adding more content.

how abusive would a undo/redo button ..maybe along the lines of highlight the portrait in the info pane, a reroll button that changes the monster..

i still need a undo button as i confirm i killed a hero then realized forgot his shield but no way to undo and get my life point back..

i think Xcom had a think called save scumming...

1st game you could save before taking a shot..

reload until you hit

i think xcom 2.. had a save scumming id that some how prevent this.. a missed shot is allways a missed shot.. but you still technical move instead of shooting on the reload..

I was thinking a step back button..

but with a check box.. that a) kept recent random events the same.. "searching or monsters spawns etc" b) or rerolled random effects

Edited by milarky

XCOM has a fixed seed. Think of it as having a list of numbers printed out on a page, and when you want a random number you read the next one on the page. Reloading doesn't change the page, but doing something else that uses up that number can work around this.

This doesn't really apply to Descent though, as there are so many other ways to cheat if you wanted to. I honestly think the only reason there isn't an undo is development effort.