Henchmen rules

By Romus, in WFRP House Rules

Since my players charactes are getting to epic level, I am thinking about starting to give them henchmen, but want some extra rules to make them more interesting. here are some ideas.

Using the "they all act as one character, and wounds are = to their toughness" options.

For bad guys and good guys.

They can use aggression dice to absorb damage, giving them extra wounds beyond their toughness, since their toughness will often be 3 or 4, this gives them a bit more survivability but doesn't make them as powerful as a regular character. When I started using the henchmen rules recently for enemies, I found they plowed through them too easy. I want it to be easier than a standard character, but not too easy.

They can upgrade their henchmen with their own advances. Giving them all +1 wound, or a Yellow die in a skill, or an action card (as a group attack). Wounds cannot exceed twice their toughness.

Henchmen act as one character, but for flavor, they don't all have to have the same characteristics and skills, as long as the one with the highest ability is present, the highest ability is used in the group roll. For example, One of the 3 soldier henchmen has the first aid skill, as long as he is there, they can use that skill.

Edited by Romus

If you have Lure of Power you could give the players access to retainers. You could make the cheaper or even free, and ignore the noble rank requirement. Retainers are less powerful than a character, but still a good addition to a group of characters. :)