Next Episode or Sequel

By David Spangler, in Midnight Chronicles

Having enjoyed the first movie quite a lot--and having been more than impressed with its storyline and production values ("Omigosh, it's a REAL movie! From a Game Company!")--I'm waiting for the sequel or the next episode. The movie ended with so many unanswered questions and open plot lines; while not quite a cliffhanger, it still left me wanting more and feeling let down that so much was left unresolved.

So, when's the next installment coming?

This movie was such a breath of fresh air into the movie industry that I found this website and registered to it just to reply to this thread...

So when can we expect a 2nd movie out? Or is this going to be a pilot for a TV series and if so does anyone know when that is coming out? Amazing movie!

I had no idea about this movie. When was it released.

In truth it was designed as a pilot for a potential TV series. I guess as nobody initially signed it up for a series they went down the DVD/digital download route. The depth of the setting would well suite a series. This will entirely depend on how well the film has done/is doing. I hope there will be more but bearing in mind how ruthless TV is (cancellation of shows like Firefly for example), it is bean counters who make decisions like that

LeBlanc13 said:

I had no idea about this movie. When was it released.

It was released last year, I think filming was done during the previous couple of years

I for one would love to see more of these! One of the best if not the best fantasy movie in YEARS!

I'd really like to see more. Or even a reprint of the Runebound expansion from this.

I would love to see a sequel i think the special effects were better than the first D&D movie and the acting was more down to earth and realistic in my book.

I have watched a lot of game/comic/etc to film movies, but this one actually surprised me. I really enjoyed it and will be buying it soon. Guys, you have to make a sequel to this to wrap up the open ending. Pitch this to syfy or something…I enjoyed this too much to never get an ending to it.

Years of waiting and there is still nothing to follow.