New Orders - IA Skirmish Strategy Podcast

By nickv2002, in Imperial Assault Skirmish

5 hours ago, RoyalRich said:

Thanks Nick, I'll have a listen on my cycle home this evening, I've been really enjoying the podcast since you restarted :)

I have absolutely no idea what Network Neutrality is but I'll have a read...

Looks like I need a ZIP code to signup mate, I probably can't influence from across the pond I'm afraid. Working as a Manager for a business ISP over in the UK though, I already see this happening here

Thanks Rich. BattleForTheNet.com does a better job explaining Net Neutrality than I could, so I'm glad you found the link there. It's a US thing so if you live elsewhere don't worry about it too much (well, be aware of your country's policies). I added a USA-disclaimer to my last post.

Hey folks, thanks for your patience, we've got a new episode (and in the standard podcast feed):

Episode 11 - Nal Hutta Swamps & Ugnaught List

In this episode we discuss the most recent map added to tournament rotation: Nal Hutta Swamps (link to detailed map preview).

We also discuss the Ugnaught swarm list that has won several recent tournaments. For reference, the list is commonly made up of the following deployment cards:

I'm not seeing this episode on iTunes. Is that feed no longer working?

-ryanjamal

31 minutes ago, ryanjamal said:

I'm not seeing this episode on iTunes. Is that feed no longer working?

-ryanjamal

Thanks for the heads up. I think my caching was too aggressive. I cleared the cache and it's showing up now for me in Overcast and Apple Podcasts. Give it another shot/refresh on your end.

Edited by nickv2002

I'm not seeing it in podbean yet...

Edit ---

Oh it appears that podbean was using the soundcload feed that got phased out

Edited by leacher
49 minutes ago, nickv2002 said:

Thanks for the heads up. I think my caching was too aggressive. I cleared the cache and it's showing up now for me in Overcast and Apple Podcasts. Give it another shot/refresh on your end.

Yep it's all good now!

-ryanjamal

Thanks for the awesome podcast. I've enjoyed all your skirmish discussion and battle reports.

I think the junk Droid is not defeated when you remove the old one to spot weld a new one. So it wouldn't trigger Jabba and shared experience and such.

True, Spot Weld does not defeat the old copy. It is just removed from play without triggering anything.

Thanks for the rule clarification @Matsu Robun and @a1bert . This is why I hate companions (particularly the Junk Droid): they're just a knot of rule exceptions that are a pain even for experienced players like myself to untangle.

@leacher I don't use Podbean but that Soundcloud URL should automatically redirect to the feed on my https://NewOrders.xyz domain and you can see the current episode up there now that it's had time to refresh.

Edited by nickv2002

yessir @nickv2002 ! It refreshed sometime last night and I had a notification waiting for me this morning. Listened to it on the way to work - great stuff!

New episode out now:

Interview with Imperial Assault Designer Jonathan Ying - Episode 12

We sat down with Imperial Assault Designer Jonathan Ying for a quick chat at SHUX . He talks to us about the origins of Imperial Assault and the skirmish mode. He also tells some other fun & interesting stories about IA development.

Jonathan’s new game is called Bargain Quest . It’s up for preorder now after a successful after a very successful Kickstarter campaign. We greatly enjoyed playing it and are looking forward to our own copy.

Thanks for checking out our short break from our usual skirmish analysis. We’ll be back with Heart of the Empire discussion soon.

Edited by nickv2002

Your next podcast should talk about how the process of beta testing HotE (if there are no NDAs to violate).

Seriously though, I'm glad you guys participated. Your podcasts prove you have a great feel for the skirmish game.

On 10/14/2017 at 8:05 AM, cnemmick said:

Your next podcast should talk about how the process of beta testing HotE (if there are no NDAs to violate).

Seriously though, I'm glad you guys participated. Your podcasts prove you have a great feel for the skirmish game.

Thanks for your kind words @cnemmick . However, we can't really comment about beta testing.

Episode 13 – Heart of the Empire Deployment Cards Initial Review

In this episode we have some initial reactions to the skirmish deployment cards from Heart of the Empire . We start with Imperial cards , then move to Mercenary cards , and finally discuss Rebel cards .

Some small corrections for things I misspoke about in the episode:

• I say Vader with Driven by Hatred is 12 points but he’s actually 13 ( 18 point base -5 on the attachment).
  • I was talking about using a command card I called Tools for the Job with Han but actually meant Smuggled Supplies .
  • We totally read J4X-7 wrong: it give pierce to enemy figures it's adjacent to. Will mention in next episode.

For feedback you can find us on Twitter @IANewOrders or post right here.

Thanks for listening and we’ll be back soon to talk about the new Command Cards!

Edited by nickv2002

Episode 14 – Heart of the Empire Command Card Review

In this episode we review all the Command Cards from the recent Heart of the Empire wave. If you’d like to follow allong with visuals, we used these Boardwars.eu pages:

1. Heart of the Empire Box Command Cards
  2. Ahsoka Command Cards
  3. Maul Command Cards
  4. Palpatine Command Cards

Listen with Apple Podcasts Listen with Overcast Listen with Pocket Casts Listen with Castro

For feedback you can find us on Twitter @IANewOrders or right here!

Thanks for listening!

Edited by nickv2002

"I'm going to go on record and thumb this." - @nickv2002

maxresdefault.jpg

You were pretty down on Face to Face. I think the main advantage it has over Urgency is that Vader can use it to move, attack, and choke.

6 hours ago, ThatJakeGuy said:

You were pretty down on Face to Face. I think the main advantage it has over Urgency is that Vader can use it to move, attack, and choke.

We mentioned this scenario (time stamped link):

https://overcast.fm/+HKqk4IwfM/30:50

Just don’t think it’s as good as Face to Face, but you would want to find room for it in a Brawler list with Vader.

18 hours ago, nickv2002 said:

We mentioned this scenario (time stamped link):

https://overcast.fm/+HKqk4IwfM/30:50

Just don’t think it’s as good as Face to Face, but you would want to find room for it in a Brawler list with Vader.

Whoop, must have spaced on that part. I generally listen to podcasts during work or driving.

Edited by ThatJakeGuy