The End of Talisman

By chemical22, in Talisman

I figured 4th Revised was over, anyway.

I look forward to Fifth Edition! There's plenty that FFG did that could be folded into a new revised game by GW (or licensee), and I'd personally prefer a much smaller main board, similar to classic Talisman.

In the meantime, do you guys have a Steam group for Talisman Digital? I've never tried the multiplayer and I figure it would be best with some Talisman enthusiasts.

I do, but every time I try playing with other people the game goes crazy slow. I think it's an issue with my computer, since other people don't seem to have that problem.

How experienced are the other players?

I figured 4th Revised was over, anyway.

I look forward to Fifth Edition! There's plenty that FFG did that could be folded into a new revised game by GW (or licensee), and I'd personally prefer a much smaller main board, similar to classic Talisman.

In the meantime, do you guys have a Steam group for Talisman Digital? I've never tried the multiplayer and I figure it would be best with some Talisman enthusiasts.

I do, but every time I try playing with other people the game goes crazy slow. I think it's an issue with my computer, since other people don't seem to have that problem.

How experienced are the other players?

I think pretty experienced. I really think it's my area or my computer. I can't wait to get this thing replaced.

I think a 5th edition could redress the revised 4th edition problem of having fantastic artwork crammed on to incredibly small cards.

Fantastic artwork on decent sized cards would be nice.

Is Gary Chalk employed at the moment????

And wheres my Inquisitor? :ph34r:

If fith edition isn't decisively different from older editions, why would I buy it? Can't see a good reason. Clearing out minor rule issues or card sizes is not nearly enough.

Sad to hear this, FFG have served us well over the last years and I'm sad to see the relationship end.

I'm also miffed with myself for having not yet picked up The Deep Realms before the announcement and the severe price increases on it. It is basically the only expansion I don't have, but 50-90 euros is simply too much.

Edited by tarasis

Me too, only expansion I lack is the Nether realms and price of £75 is completely rediculous and out of my price range for a few cards :(

Cataclysm and its new rules would have made a great kickoff for a 5th edition.

I think having a new cataclysm board as base game and creating new expansions around it would make an amazing 5th edition. I believe as someone (Bludgeon) said somewhere that Cataclysm is the best expansion and probably the best thing that could have happened to the game.

If fith edition isn't decisively different from older editions, why would I buy it? Can't see a good reason. Clearing out minor rule issues or card sizes is not nearly enough.

I'm sure most Talisman gamers/ collectors heads may think this. I have 5 editions now on my dedicated Talisman shelf why would I need another one. Theres just no point. Its just a waste of money. I've no more room. Its just piffle.

Then a large shiney new box appears at your local game shop on a revolving spot lit plinth bearing new artwork and untold dreams and adventuring asperations within.

An expansion is promised along with a set of limited edition figures for those who purchase an early edition. Crumbs :rolleyes:

Resistance is useless. I'll take two.

Then a large shiney new box appears at your local game shop on a revolving spot lit plinth bearing new artwork and untold dreams and adventuring asperations within.

An expansion is promised along with a set of limited edition figures for those who purchase an early edition. Crumbs :rolleyes:

Resistance is useless. I'll take two.

Well, I didn't buy Relic because it was too similar to Talisman, so I might be immune :)