Article Predictions. Mostly General Discussion. But there's definately some Predictions scattered throughout.

By Drasnighta, in Star Wars: Armada

Three people have asked now, so here's the timing windows of possibility for articles and such to be out:

Friday, September 2nd

- 6 Week Window opens for Corellian Conflict information

- Unknown how many articles or duration would be given to this.

Monday, September 12

- 30 Day Window for Wave 3 & 4 FAQ Opens

- Window opens on Weekend, thus is placed on Monday for Conveniece.

- Single Article

Friday, September 16

- 6 Week Window opens for Wave 5 Preview

- 4 Articles, Traditionally Weekly.

Caveats are the fact that I've posted Minimal times. ALmost all articles have been 6 weeks after announce, but occasionally they are as much as 8 weeks...

So there's the grains, and the predictions, mathematically and historically speaking, presented without further details...

Edited by Drasnighta

When does the timing window open for potential Force Friday releases (September 30th 2016).

Unknown, as there is no relevant Armada History to draw on, it would be the purest of speculations which I am not in the business of indulging in :D

Was there a preview article for the X-Wing TFA core set?

Yes but as Force Friday was a new concept is it not something to expect. I would say that we may see a product for Armada but all is unknown.

No, some pics were leaked a few days before force friday, and then I believe the article came out the day of when it was released.

However,the marketing for rouge one seems way more open then the force awakens. Already a crap ton of toys have been officially announced for this year's force friday (probably because they realized they'd leak anyway). So a preview article for armada or x wing is possible.

I was wondering this myself

I could go for a nice big juicy FFG Armada article right about now, or an IFF podcast... about ANYTHING!

I could go for a nice big juicy FFG Armada article right about now, or an IFF podcast... about ANYTHING!

I second that!

I refresh the FFG news page about 100 times daily hoping for an article

Well, now you now you've been wasting your refreshes well in advance.

Re-commence refresh-bombing on Friday.

I predict that the SWA oriented articles will have words and pictures. At least 5 pictures and at least 7 unique words.

And no. I have nothing useful here except to admit I had done the similar 6 week assumption and refreshed anyway

wave 5 is 4 articles imo, each ship each squadron pack.

wave 5 is 4 articles imo, each ship each squadron pack.

You are correct, I will amend...

Would you believe, with the day that I've had, I completely forgot about the Squadron packs ?

Course with each Wave 5 preview article, I'm going to be stressing on what the chance might be to employ any of it at Worlds.

I PREDICT! That we will see wave 5 articles before the release date. That is all. I bet my whole fleet on that.

(edit, double post)

Edited by Drasnighta

Course with each Wave 5 preview article, I'm going to be stressing on what the chance might be to employ any of it at Worlds.

Honestly? Almost Zero, at this point...

Even if we give the standard 8 weeks of "On the Boat", and then 2 Weeks "Shipping Now", for Release, and then give the 11 Days Post Release for "Premier Event Legal" Status.....

It would have had to have been on the Boat on August 13th, or thereabouts...

If we shave off the Timetable - With a mere 6 Weeks of "On the Boat", and 1 Week of "Shipping Now"... They would have to be on the Boat on the 2nd of September - This Friday - To be Legal for Worlds....

Now, of course, they will be Legal for Worlds 2017... But that's in May :D

Edited by Drasnighta

I think we won't, except for any potential Force Friday release. Anything releasing closer to November is starting to shift decidedly towards releasing only days away from Worlds. At that point, better to just have an early soft launch at Worlds and get people hyped. Or release just before Worlds so that they become available in time for the new Regionals season.

Edited by thecactusman17

Even if we give the standard 8 weeks of "On the Boat", and then 2 Weeks "Shipping Now", for Release, and then give the 11 Days Post Release for "Premier Event Legal" Status.....

If we shave off the Timetable - With a mere 6 Weeks of "On the Boat", and 1 Week of "Shipping Now"... They would have to be on the Boat on the 2nd of September - This Friday - To be Legal for Worlds....

Yep.

And I believe this is specifically what the Legality System and its 11-day cooling off period is for.

A Period of time where there are indeed a close grouping of Premier events.

I'm most hyped for the conflict article. Don't get me wrong, the ships are cool and I'm looking forward to them, but the campaign is something that's just brand new.

If they are not legal for Worlds it will be hard for them to be legal for the start of Regionals which means I will likely have to deal with 1-2 regionals with up to wave 4

X-Wing had a few product releases during their Regionals, and much later in the process too.

The completion level of what I saw at GenCon indicates that one way or the other we'll see the new stuff before the end or the current regionals season. Better to start early.

Either way, there are some very long odds on being able to use them at Worlds November 2016...

That being said, I expect there to be some there for purchase in limited numbers - flown ahead like the Sullust prizes...

But for actual, legal use? We're looking at Christmas now......

The next date I had looking on was Christmas Day. If its released before Christmas Day, then its Legal at Calgary Regionals.

Either way, there are some very long odds on being able to use them at Worlds November 2016...

That being said, I expect there to be some there for purchase in limited numbers - flown ahead like the Sullust prizes...

But for actual, legal use? We're looking at Christmas now......

The next date I had looking on was Christmas Day. If its released before Christmas Day, then its Legal at Calgary Regionals.

It makes a great deal more fiscal sense, IMO, to get them out at least a week before christmas.

I'm most hyped for the conflict article. Don't get me wrong, the ships are cool and I'm looking forward to them, but the campaign is something that's just brand new.

I'm also much more interested and hyped for Conflict, for 2 reasons. First, it's a campaign, YeAh!!! Second, and these may be out for worlds(?), are the objectives. These may have a much larger impact on tourneys than the wave 5 ships.