UFS Players Committee - Sign up and discussion here

By Antigoth, in UFS General Discussion

Star Wars CCG (Decipher), Raw Deal CCG, Highlander CCG

All games that have come before UFS, all games that UFS shares elements from. All games that have gone to great CCG Graveyard in the Sky.

The other thing that they all have in common is a group working together to develop "virtual" sets that can be printed out, organizing tournaments, and keeping the game going.

Some games still keep holding their worlds at Gencon (Raw Deal), while others rotate the venue through different cities (SW:CCG).

I submit to you, the UFS players that we organize a UFS players committee.

Why would the community want a players committee? Let me ask some questions:

How much have you spent on UFS?
Did you have fun playing it?
Do you really want to stop playing UFS?

The players committee is a way for you to continue to get value out of the cards that you purchased. Including that brand new SCIV stuff.
Putting some stuff clearly on the table:

• I do not need to run this organization / players committee. Heck, if people don't want me involved, and they want to go off and do whatever - that's fine by me.
  • I will offer to advise, give advice, and suggestions on the organization of the committee. (Having done it with Raw Deal, I have some insight on how to do it)
  • I offer the resources of TCO. At the same time, Aslum's site may be a better option at the moment.
  • If the committee wants me to continue doing official rulings as UFS rules Arbiter, I will continue to do so for the time being, but for the love of whatever you celebrate at this time of year... I want back up arbiters so someone else can write *stamp* too.
  • If you are wanting UFS to be at Gencon, have space, etc, etc, etc for Worlds - decisions are going to have to be made about who is responsible for booking it, who is responsible for running it, and what formats are going to be used. All of that is going to have to be done probably by the end of January to make it into the Gencon program book, and be assured space.

At the end of the day, I'm putting this out there, so that the people who want to keep playing UFS can put their flag in the sand, and say "I'm in."

I'm in.

I'll do designing, and also if you need help with anything, I'll lend my assisstance.

I really wanna see this game keep going. ^_^ So...yeah. I can open up a forum (It'd have to be free) If you want, until I can purchase a domain, and try and keep sets in Rotaion (I assume we're still doing that? I heard about too many infinate combos in Legacy to combine everything into Standard now.)

Also, as I said in the other thread, I have design ideas. Until I can get the template for the other cards, I'll just use the originals.

I'm in and..

Hello everyone.

As you all know by now, UFS has been canceled. I was unaware of this and have put in many many hours of work to this point to help FFG with their game, which I also love. At this point it is hard for me to say if we will still be doing a pro tour. Please leave me your insight. I will let you vote on either continuing the pro tour this year, or holding one last major event in each country. I personally thought that UFS was in the best condition it had ever been in. I was shocked to find out that it will be discontinued, but as you are aware, I am a very determined fighter for the game. so...

Can we bring it back to life? I was already interested in using my own money to print UFS Pro Tour only promo cards. Now it looks like I might have to pick up the license and rights to UFS all together. I am going to talk to Steve tomorrow the 22nd and see if this is feasible. He said we have 1,000 players. That is a better start than 0, which is what the game had when it was launched. Would you be for Jasco Games being the official publisher and organizer of UFS in the future? It would be the only game we are focused on and I would make vital changes to the distribution and management of the game. This is all theoretical, but if I have your support and even half of you are willing to contact me and let me know that you will help me and help the game, I will do everything in my power to revive it.Here is what I need:

E-mail me at [email protected] and feel free to call me at 806-252-3404 (at reasonable hours)

In the message tell me 1- if you still want a pro tour and will attend, and 2- if you would help me revive UFS under our name?

Only you the players can decide if the game can continue, so I am leaving it up to you to contact every player you know to let me know that there is interest in this game enough for me to invest more than any one person ever should into a game.

This is my final call, If this does not work then I appreciate everything you have done to support me and to support the Universal Fighting System. It was great playing with all of you and I hope we meet again!

I will tally every message I get in support of Jasco Games getting the rights to UFS. 500 is my goal. I will let you know where we stand in a week, and please post your message in the next 2 weeks. PLEASE NO MULTIPLE MESSAGES! This will not help, it will just give me false numbers to go off of.

Can I still design cards? :P

Either way, I would really like to go to worlds, but I don't know if my group is still going. I'd have to give you a heads-up around next Sunday.

Also, if you can keep the game going well, then I would like it. I'm just hesitant because I'm not entirely sure how it would all work out.

Anywho, there's my say ^_^

The last thing we need right now is a Pro Tour.

I want to be on this E Commit: Tee, and would help in every aspect from designing, creating new formats, pushing the game to players, and as an ambassador of the game.

I like this guy.

Would you mind talking with me a little bit about what you have in mind Trips? I'm really excited about the possibility of being able to help, and I have too many things I want to do.

Seeing as you would also like to help design, I think it would be cool if we talked.

ZeroOptionEX on AIM right now.

you know i'm in Brian; i can help with Playtesting and/or set design and be a back up rules arbiter if necessary, only thing i cannot do is rend images for cards should we get to that stage... though i have a few buddies on msn that can do that i'll talk to them about helping our cause. As i said to Horvath via e-mail there are a LOT of good players here who LOVE THE GAME too much and WILL NOT LET IT DIE a dishonorable death like it is trying to do now.

N.J.

Well, I tried. I'm still on as graysnicket if you wanna talk. ^_^

Hey, it's you again ^_^

When I get my computer I'm gonna try and get images set up pretty well. But, I've got a little while for that, so...yeah.

I'm glad to see that there are people still willing to play even though everyone seems like they're leaving for some reason...

EDIT: Sorry... -_- I hit reply instead of edit...>_>

I'm not sure what I'd be able to do, but I'm in.

Sounds to me like the pro tour might be the only "real" thing left to UFS. I'm certainly willing to offer up webhosting for any endeavors to keep the game going. I've shelled out well over two grand just on "5 star" cards, so I sure as hell will do what I can to get my money's worth from this game I love so much. And Anti-Goth, I heard you where having some hosting problems. If you need space, or forums or whatever I'll be happy to help you out. You've got my email, me a line.

As far as web service goes, what can I do that would be helpful? If FFG is going to shut down these forums I'll be happy to set up a new one for those who wish to keep up w/ the game post-mortem. I've already set up a wiki ( http://ufswiki.aslum.net/ ) which never saw much use. I'll be willing to set up most any other web-application which is felt to be useful. I've got access to super easy installs on tons of stuff, and am a fairly competent web-developer (slightly better then the fools who designed these forums TBH) and bandwidth nor storage space are issues for me.

This makes me want to cry so bad. I hate to see something I love dying. I

I'm in, I would love to help this game. I would love to throw in ideas for cards if you're willing to let me. My email is [email protected].

You have my hat.

sign me up, even if i have to sell my body to the night (even more), i will help this project.

Homme Chapeau said:

You have my hat.

ill help :o just email me what i can help with

I would definetely like to contribute to a players commitee. I also think having a pro tour would be a good idea. I will explain more about my thoughts on the pro tour in its thread.

If anyone ever needs to contact me, my email is terradyne69 (@) yahoo.com

I'm in. TripsEX, could you keep me in the loop while things get going?

Also, a shot at making a Smash Bros. Expansion would be totally awesome.

I think I'll keep watch on this once TCO gets back up.

Though if you guys get far enough to design Bang without my consultation at the least, I'll kill ya! :P

With TCO being down, and we having no real hosting right now, I request TWO things from the community!

1: Aslum, can you please set up some forums for us? We are going to need them. If you can, that would be much appreciated.

2: Everyone who wants to be in this Committee, send an e-mail to me at [email protected] so I can get numbers straight. Please include what you want to do, how long you have been playing, and how dedicated you can be to this committee. I will pass information onto Antigoth.

Sorry, I'm a bit late to the party, just read the news...still recovering (not really surprised, still sad all the same.) Anyway, I can say that me and a friend of mine who never really visited the forums would very much be down for this. We both would like to work on design/mechanics and playtesting. Trips, I will send you an e-mail soon, and thanks for being the guy to try to round up everyone. I'm pretty sad about the announcement, but am thrilled at the prospect of this strong community coming together to designing sets and continue the one card game I like.

As I spent the 5 hours last night calling almost all my players and they still want to play this game even if there are no new cards.

So anything that I can do.

So Calgary is in.

Brian, AIM me later about building a site to house it and more. I have ideas man.