Relics in kindred fire (spoilers)

By LoneFox64, in Road to Legend

Does anyone know what all the relics that are in kindred fire are? If so id love to know that i didnt miss any so far.

As far as I'm concern the relics that you can get are:

Fortuna's Dice: intro quest

Staff of Light: 1st main quest

Dawnblade: interlude

Shield of the Dark God: 1st Act II main quest

Shards of Ithyndrus: Manor of Ravens side quest

Edited by Volkren

Thanks i apreciate it.

I've played the interlude three times winning each one and I've never received the Dawnblade. I have a hunch as to why, but if you could post a spoiler protected description on how it is attained I would appreciate it.

I've played the interlude three times winning each one and I've never received the Dawnblade. I have a hunch as to why, but if you could post a spoiler protected description on how it is attained I would appreciate it.

Ok here's my take:

The only time I didn't get it is the one time I SUCCEEDED and won the mission.

Every other (normal) play through I didn't complete the level ... most plays I didn't even get to the final section, where the duel is occurring.

In all cases, seemingly irrespective of how many soldiers I saved I still got the Dawnblade.

As a test I surrendered on the first turn (no soldiers saved) and received the Dawnblade.

So bottom line ... you've got to lose.

Now I have heard that in the game data dump files someone posted on another site that there is some conditional where after succeeding, you are chased by a servant sent to give you the blade... but it didn't happen for me.

I would be very curious to hear from anyone who has won the mission and received the blade. Given the above, this may actually be a bug that's not being reported.

Edited by maxam

Interesting. I assumed it was completing the quest and saving all the soldiers, which I have been unable to accomplish in my three attempts. What are the benefits of wining this quest?

Interesting. I assumed it was completing the quest and saving all the soldiers, which I have been unable to accomplish in my three attempts. What are the benefits of wining this quest?

None whatsoever as it currently stands...

Ok,
So I’ve looked at the data dump posted on BGG … and to my mind it does look like a bug…
There seem to be two negative states for the quest … FAIL and LOSE - here’s the text:
FAIL
Darvik laughs as the valiant knight spirals to the ground unconscious. Blood seeps from between the cracks of his armor.
"More," Darvik mumbles, looking up at you, but he is already wounded many times over. The orange eyes above his own care not, however. They bear a hunger that cannot be sated, and he bumbles forward.
But in a few quick blows, the brute finally dies.
LOSE
You fall back with a few of the fort's soldiers, including the valiant Sir Kane. Though dire wounds are visible through his cracked armor, he rallies the defenders and charges back into the fray. You hurry to support them, though you have little left to offer.
Your foe is fearless and cruel, especially those who bear the glowing eyes above their own. In the end, though few soldiers survive, the invaders are driven from the castle. There is no cheer, no trumpet blast, and no pursuit—those left on their feet stumble back toward the wounded and dead.
Now after those there is a FAIL_SWORD option where a dying Kane gives you the sword:
FAIL_SWORD
You kneel before the valiant dying knight as he struggles for a few more moments of life. Appreciation fills his eyes, but he does not spend his breath in thanks. As the fighting dies down and the few remaining soldiers gather behind you, Sir Kane reaches toward his sword—you hand it to him, but he pushes it back to you. "Avenge us," he gurgles. "Whoever is behind this, strike him once for each body that lies silent within these walls this day…" His eyes flutter to the faces behind you. He smiles, then breathes his last.
You have received the Dawnblade!
Place the "Dawnblade" relic in the play area of any player.
The text I mentioned in the previous post is the SIRKANESAVED option which reads as follows…
SIRKANESAVED
A young soldier finds you as you set up your camp for the evening. He dismounts and snaps off a salute
The young man offers you the package. You unwrap it to find Sir Kane's sword.
You have received the Dawnblade!
Place the "Dawnblade" relic in the play area of any player.
To my mind, at the very least, you should be getting the dawn blade if you saved Sir Kane - the condition is there in the data dump after all. Yet I have saved him (and a good few soldiers on the way) and did not receive the Sword. Unless I’m gravely mistaken or missing something this is a bug as the SIRKANESAVED option never procs.
Edited by maxam

I definitely saved him and didn't get the sword. That's frustrating - to essentially be punished for doing it well!

I definitely saved him and didn't get the sword. That's frustrating - to essentially be punished for doing it well!

Yup...

Although... you can always surrender :ph34r:

After grabbing as many search tokens as you can, of course

Edited by Alarmed

Yesterday, I integrated The Chains That Rust expansion into RTL. There is a side quest that becomes available (currently have forgotten the name) that allows you to win a relic called the Robes of the Last which comes with TCTR.

Edited by any2cards

So what are the conditions for getting each relic? Do you have to just win each quest apart from the one mentioned already?

No, two of them you have to find.

At least one of those is a requirement to completing a quest, though, so unless you get defeated before finding it, you would end up with it.

So what are the conditions for getting each relic? Do you have to just win each quest apart from the one mentioned already?

Fortuna's Dice : exploring, you need to find it.
Staff of Light : exploring, you need to find it.
Dawnblade : by losing or by winning under certain circumstances .
Shield of the Dark God : exploring, you need to find it.
Shards of Ithyndrus : winning.

I can tell you where to look and how to obtain them but I think that's part of the fun of this game :D
Now, for the Relic, called Robes of the Last, on Chains' side quest, I don't know how to get it because I don't own that expansion yet.
[EDIT]: I was wrong, apparently you can only get the Dawnblade one way.
Edited by Volkren

Now, for the Relic, called Robes of the Last, on Chains' side quest, I don't know how to get it because I don't own that expansion yet.

See post #10 above within the Spoiler.

I've never seen the Shield in three playthroughs.

With the Staff it's REALLY clear where it is. The dice as well, although the description doesn't make it quite as clear as the staff one does.

See post #10 above within the Spoiler.

Yeah, yeah, I saw your post when you made it, I actually liked it hahaha. I just said that I don't know how or under what condition you obtain that relic. Your post just say you can obtain the relic, but as to how to obtain it: winning, exploring or losing, it does not say.

I've never seen the Shield in three playthroughs.

With the Staff it's REALLY clear where it is. The dice as well, although the description doesn't make it quite as clear as the staff one does.

It follows the same condition as the ones you mention...on a token :rolleyes: .

On 8/19/2016 at 0:13 AM, quartersmostly said:

Winning (Darvik is defeated) :
you receive 3 Fame + 1 Fame for each saved Guard (so in total max 13 Fame) but without Dawnblade
you receive 80 gold + 4 gold for each saved Guard (in total max 120 gold)

Loosing (Sir Kane is defeated):
you receive Dawnblade and only 3 Fame (does not matter how many Guards were saved).
you receive only 40 gold (does not matter how many Search token was revealed).

So it looks that maybe depends on result it is intentionally balanced.
You can have super weapon but less Fame or much more Fame (up to 13 instead of 3) which allow you to get faster items from Act II in a shop.

14 hours ago, rider4 said:

Winning (Darvik is defeated) :
you receive 3 Fame + 1 Fame for each saved Guard (so in total max 13 Fame) but without Dawnblade
you receive 80 gold + 4 gold for each saved Guard (in total max 120 gold)

Loosing (Sir Kane is defeated):
you receive Dawnblade and only 3 Fame (does not matter how many Guards were saved).
you receive only 40 gold (does not matter how many Search token was revealed).

So it looks that maybe depends on result it is intentionally balanced.
You can have super weapon but less Fame or much more Fame (up to 13 instead of 3) which allow you to get faster items from Act II in a shop.

• You can get the Dawnblade by winning too (under some circunstances ;) )

I just played through my first full KF campaign and I only got the Staff of Light :( We rarely ever missed a chest, maybe 2 the whole campaign, but that was where we found it, some random chest off to the side. I had assumed this was the only way to get them. Didn't realize they awarded them for losing. Its hard to gauge success by number of relics if they are rewarded for failure as well..

Edited by FrogTrigger

Tonight I played the"Bloodhound" scenario and found "The Shield of Dark God" disguised as a gong (white objective)

"Bloodhound" scenario is one of the two possible first Act II main quest.In the other one does not appear any relic.

On 8. 2. 2017 at 1:19 AM, kraisto said:
  • You can get the Dawnblade by winning too (under some circunstances ;) )

Would you be so kind and tell us more about those "circumstances"? It has been bugging me for few days now and I have tried every possible combination in the app to get the Dawnblade by winning, but it looks like you only get it when you lose to me, so I am really curious.

Edited by Born
On ‎09‎/‎04‎/‎2017 at 6:23 AM, Born said:

Would you be so kind and tell us more about those "circumstances"? It has been bugging me for few days now and I have tried every possible combination in the app to get the Dawnblade by winning, but it looks like you only get it when you lose to me, so I am really curious.

Dont know exactly whats trigger the reward ( killing some monster group that spawns in the encounter, previous road event or the time you expend to complete the mission). I get the Dawnblade winning only one time.

This is a official response I received from FFG some time ago:

Q:

Bug on the Defense of Thelys

Hi, i have some questions about this quest.

The only way to get the Dawnblade relic is losing the quest ??

Tested all requeriments and possibilities, and t here is no advantage to save the soldiers in the quest because it does not change anything in the end . Is a little frustrating get a better item by losing the quest instead to have a better reward for so much effort .

A:

Greetings,

Thanks for the inquiry. What you are describing is not a bug and one of many possible resolutions to this quest. When it comes down to it, the players get gold and fame based on the number of soldier they save, but yes, you can gain the Dawnblade relic is if you lose. However, who's to say that is the only way to gain the Dawnblade relic.

As always, please contact us directly if you have any further questions or concerns.

Edited by kraisto

There is a travel event, that allows you to gain the dawnblade after you won the quest.

But to be honest, I never saw it in the game, as the chance for this event to play out in the few travel steps between Thelys and Hestions Host are pretty low.

So I can't say for sure, if this event can even occur, or if there is a bug that prevents it from happening.

Any news about how to win and get the blade? I'm going to do that quest and wonder if there are some possibilities...