point of far off monster spawns?

By Sharkeyx, in Road to Legend

Can someone help me understand the point of far off monster spawns? If I am reading the rules right, if they do not have line of sight they will just sit there and never act.

There have been a number of quests now that have spawned a monster near the beginning tile after we have opened doors like 2 tiles further in, so never any way that that monster would have line of sight on us. So wouldn't it just sit there forever? Seems like a waste and makes the game easier, since there will be a wasted monster activation.

Any help is much appreciated.

OH! And "The Tides that Rust" just got added to the app today, so hopefully that means it is coming out soon! :D (just got into this game, and **** has it killed my completionist side... and my wallet)

Those monsters will double move when activated if one of the actions is for them to engage or spot. For instance, if they have the action "engage the nearest hero," then the monster will spend its movement trying to get close to engage. Since no one is around, then this action will happen again.

You need circle the actions until you get two valid choices and monsters can move twice, the zombies are the only exception on this rule because of the shamble skill.

As huud007 and kraisto pointed out above, those "far off" monsters will execute 2 engage and/or or spot actions each turn until they are in range to perform other actions such as attack.

And since most of the monsters that seems to be spawned "far off" tend to be multi-square monsters, they move very, very fast (even though their speed may be 3) due to the nature of the shrink and expand rules. They usually can come back into play within about 2 turns.

They essentially become something that harasses you from behind, and results in the heroes being put between a rock and a hard place :P

Edited by any2cards

Ah ok. I was thinking that thinking that movement fell under the need for line of sight like attacks did for knowing where we were.

Thanks much.