woah woah woah

By Supertoe, in Runewars Miniatures Game

100 dollars for 48 unpainted minis? Battlelore had 92 minis for sixty!

GW has landed.

But BattleLore didn't come with trays or templates. (I'm not being serious.)

But BattleLore didn't come with trays or templates. (I'm not being serious.)

Yeah, it only came with a board and like 120 cards, not to mention several tokens. Trays definitely cost more! ;)

Actually, BattleLore was $80, so there is a $20 differential to account for. The dials might have something to do with it, but I think they're charging more because they can. After all, miniatures gamers are accustomed to spending a lot (so I've been told).

Pricing seems to have also gone up since the acquisition by Asmodee. Combining that with the value of the Canadian dollar right now, I wouldn't be surprised to see this sell for over a $100 here :/

Hopefully the sculpts are way better. BattleLore miniatures were nowhere near normal wargame or GW quality.

Hopefully the sculpts are way better. BattleLore miniatures were nowhere near normal wargame or GW quality.

Agreed, though these ones do seem much more promising.

Really looking forward to seeing how they manage the elves (assuming they get to that point).

Edited by Valadar

Agreed, those these ones do seem much more promising.

Really looking forward to seeing how they manage the elves (assuming they get to that point).

Yeah the fact that the weapons aren't bent to hell is hopefully a sign they're made of better materials.

Yeah the fact that the weapons aren't bent to hell is hopefully a sign they're made of better materials.

Might also explain the higher price

Battlelore was 28mm?

Actually, BattleLore was $80, so there is a $20 differential to account for. The dials might have something to do with it, but I think they're charging more because they can. After all, miniatures gamers are accustomed to spending a lot (so I've been told).

I got battlelore for $45. :P

Likely so.

People like to complain about GW prices on their miniatures, but they're honestly not much out of line with other companies who have similar quality (like Warmachine, Guild Ball, etc). I mean, it's still all overpriced, but you do get more for your money with better sculpts.

100 dollars for 48 unpainted minis? Battlelore had 92 minis for sixty!

GW has landed.

How in the world are you comparing this to Battlelore's dinky little miniatures where you put 3 in a small hex? Have you seen the pictures of the much larger and more detailed plastic miniatures? 48 detailed plastic models (4 of them quite large) plus all the dice, templates, and trays seems like a pretty great deal to me.

Likely so.

People like to complain about GW prices on their miniatures, but they're honestly not much out of line with other companies who have similar quality (like Warmachine, Guild Ball, etc). I mean, it's still all overpriced, but you do get more for your money with better sculpts.

Absolutely agree, and while I love the sculpts in most miniature games, the major element that usually drives me away from them is movement.

Small squad based ones do seem to be a bit better at that, such as with the Infinity miniature game, but even so, it's highly reliant on terrain (another major cost factor)

I'm hoping FFG's take might be a bit more balanced between the two.

compared to GW's 30-35 minis for $150...

Edited by Hidatom

Likely so.

Absolutely agree, and while I love the sculpts in most miniature games, the major element that usually drives me away from them is movement.

Small squad based ones do seem to be a bit better at that, such as with the Infinity miniature game, but even so, it's highly reliant on terrain (another major cost factor)

I'm hoping FFG's take might be a bit more balanced between the two.

Yeah, that's why so far I haven't had any interest in 40k proper, but I'm very interested in starting Kill Team. It's squad based where each miniature activates independently.

though Age of Sigmar is 47 minis for $125 it doesn't come with templates or complete rules ($25 General's compendium fill that void.)

I wonder if FFG will produce terrrain for this?

though Age of Sigmar is 47 minis for $125 it doesn't come with templates or complete rules ($25 General's compendium fill that void.)

I wonder if FFG will produce terrrain for this?

The rules for Age of Sigmar are free (the generals handbook just introduces points and narrative play and things like that so it it not necessarily needed) and as far as i know the game doesn't use templates but you get range rulers and decals, and the 40 starters (which is 110 for 49 miniatures) always had a rulebook (that was also true for the old WHF starter Set), a small one without the fluff and of course with templates. But just comparing price and amount o miniatures doesn't really make sense, 40 goblins are not the same as 4 giants (material wise) and 5 6mm tanks are not the same as 5 28mm tanks, and the amount of miniatures doesn't say anything about the quality of the miniature so as i said just comparing the amount of miniatures and the price gets us nowhere.

Edited by Iceeagle85

I do like the movement in this though. In the few games of AoS i played, I got really fed up with having to activiate each figure individually, and having to measure movement. This fixes both.

The minis for this are way better than the minis in battlelore.

Likely so.

Are you seriously comparing GW and PP minis??!?!?!

PP are not that great, are a pain to assemble and still mostly metal, which glue awfully bad.

And Guild Ball...did you checked their minis? Mold lines and gaps when assembled.

Anyways, I trust in FFG and really hope this game will deliver both in quality of minis and gameplay.

Warlords of Erewhon will be out in late January.

$45 rulebook with rules based on Bolt Action. Model neutral...bot RW and AoS can be in the same army.

My Waiqar, nighthaunts, and Flesh-Eater courts have found a home.

Holy Christmas necromancy, Batman!

Very interesting. My Runewars minis might see the light of day again!

Waiqar wuz here