Codex: Deathwatch

By ak-73, in Deathwatch

So we finally get an official Codex. Anybody else who is excited for that? I know I am. Those models sure look darn fine too...

Alex

is this for the ttwg? I dumped that long ago.

is this for the ttwg? I dumped that long ago.

Fair enough but it may impact the RPG. The new Deathwatch marines have new Wargear. A new Flyer, a Heavy Bolter/Heavy Flamer-Combi, etc. As soon as I have the rules (and not just rumors), I might try a conversion.

Alex

I'm curious but I don't play the wargame. If there's any good background or interesting wargear, I might see about adapting those for the RPG.

Yeah, I just saw they wanted 32$ for a single plastic miniature or a human sized character with limited equipment. Thsat really justified my decision to stop buying GW stuff a long time ago.

Yeah, I just saw they wanted 32$ for a single plastic miniature or a human sized character with limited equipment. Thsat really justified my decision to stop buying GW stuff a long time ago.

Good to hear someone was able to get off the plastic (or in my case, metal) crack. :P

I've mostly weaned myself off of tabletop 40K, but since I play WK40KRPG with minis (some examples here ), I will most likely pick up the boxed game...

This codex, this army list made me fall off of the wagon...

I've been asked by a player about the Infernus heavy bolter. Does anyone tell me how it compares to a standard heavy bolter?

it's 20 points, assault 3. with an underslung heavy flamer. I am fairly sure said heavy flamer isn't limited to one shot.

it's cheaper than the frag cannon, which is assault 2 but STR7. STR 9 AP2 if the unit, not target is within 12 inches.

Edited by DariusAPB

The new DW flyer looks cool:

CORVUS-DARKSTAR.jpg

I guess knowledge of aerodynamics and streamlining are regarded as heresy by the inquisition.... :rolleyes:

Edited by Professor Tanhauser

I guess knowledge of aerodynamics and streamlining are regarded as heresy by the inquisition.... :rolleyes:

You're right, they should stick to the much more aerodynamic Storm Raven and Thunderhawk...

Or ask the eldar and the tau for tips on the subject. I don't think i've ever seen an imperial design that looked like it could move at high speed without serious air resistance issues in earth's atmosphere....

The Corvus, along with the Valkyrie and Vulture is still about as aerodynamic a thing as you see in the Imperium in terms of transport ship. Again, Thunderhawks and Storm Ravens.

Eldar vehicles are so pretty though, almost went eldar back in 2nd because of Falcons.

Again, i can't see any impetil design going supersonic. If someone tried to tell me thst flkyer above orntge thunderhawk could go supersonic i'd say Bullxxxx.

Technology in the 41st melliennium though not fully understood is... well at least 20000 years ahead of our own. the alloys used in construction means the ship will hold together under stress, and the force of the engines can do the rest.

First Law of Sci-Fi Aerodynamics: Anything will fly given sufficient thrust. :D

That being said, I'm a bit perturbed about such an excessively expanded armoury that now includes even exclusive vehicles. The Deathwatch used to be a sort of Inquisitorial SWAT team, but I suppose that just wouldn't work as an army by itself, and this is a good opportunity for Games Workshop to push new models. Just sad that another bit of setting consistency seems to be sacrificed, similar to how when they retroactively introduced Centurion suits ("oh, actually the Marines had these for quite some time!").

I kind of agree there, but DW is not the biggest offender in the slightest.

Blood angels and GK's with Storm Ravens were bad. Space wolves and Dark Angels with their own flyers pushed it past reasonable.

DW is just the norm...

Absolutely; I guess it's just a tradition by now. They kind of did the same with Storm Troopers as well.

At some point we're probably going to get a Codex: Ogryns, too. :P

Now those will be some un-aerodynamic flyers...

Money rules the world , and GW is no exception ...

Now those will be some un-aerodynamic flyers...

Open topped fliers though, otherwise it's dark in dere...

yeah, i'm surpisded gw doesn't bring back the squats to make a new army and codex to pull in that extra dollar.

That or codex snotlings...

Or, you know. Adepta Sororitas.