Monster Cards Project #2

By Wario, in General Discussion

Hello!

I’m back with edited and fixed monster cards.

All Eldritch Horror base game monster card previews updated.

4 x monster and 1 cardback side layout for print in A4 paper size are here: https://failiem.lv/u/f6wrc9fc

Download, print, cut and share your opinion.

Printable cards (57x 89mm) with all monsters and epic monsters using same stats but more atmospheric art (maybe same artwork just bigger size :) .

Monster cubes still can do their job on map but on combat encounter phase you pick the card of current monster, put closer to you (next to investigator) and resolve combat.

Another bonus of monster cards can be "random monster drawing" just by shuffling monster deck and drawing card. Then for easy search of needed monster cubes you can arrange them in alphabetical order or by certain stats. I'm sure bit of search time can be sacrificed for real deal monster fear.

You can try to use only monster cards somehow placing them on game board on correct locations. (Mini monster card variation is possible project in future)

What to do list :

1) Create proper quality card design template 95% - done!

a) Get good quality EH monster cube icons - done !

b) Get good fonts of find ones used in EH - done !

c) Find card back side design - done !

d) Create monster card borders and text box - done !

2) Collect pictures for base game and expansions monsters 37% done!

a) Art used in EH monster cubes

b) Atmospheric art - possibly showing monster in action or showing monster size compared to human

c) No black and white pictures

3) Collect monster stats 100% done!

a) Base game

b) Expansions

4) Collect short monster descriptions 37% done! On Hold

a) Quotes from Lovecraft

b) Write somenthing interesting describing each monster encountering investigator

5) Set everything together and prepare monster cards for print.

6) Playtest - Positive!

P.S. Please share artist titles if you recognize some.

Edited by Wario
update

How i see it ...

A1_Edit_card_01_Bayakee_A_small.jpg

A1_Edit_card_01_Chtonian_A_small.jpg

A1_Edit_card_01_Color_out_of_space_A_sma

A1_Edit_card_01_Cultist_A_small.jpg

A1_Edit_card_01_Dark_Young_A_small.jpg

A1_Edit_card_01_Deep_one_A_small.jpg

A1_Edit_card_01_Elder_thing_A_small.jpg

A1_Edit_card_01_Ghost_A_small.jpg

A1_Edit_card_01_Ghoul_A_small.jpg

A1_Edit_card_01_Gnoph_Keh_A_small.jpg

A1_Edit_card_01_Goat_spawn_A_small.jpg

A1_Edit_card_01_Gug_A_small.jpg

A1_Edit_card_01_Hound_of_Thindalos_A_sma

A1_Edit_card_01_Lloigor_A_small.jpg

A1_Edit_card_01_Maniac_A_small.jpg

A1_Edit_card_01_Mi_go_A_small.jpg

A1_Edit_card_01_Mummy_A_small.jpg

A1_Edit_card_01_Nightgaunt_A_small.jpg

A1_Edit_card_01_Riot_A_small.jpg

A1_Edit_card_01_Shoggoth_A_small.jpg

A1_Edit_card_01_Skeleton_A_small.jpg

A1_Edit_card_01_Snake_Peapole_A_small.jp

A1_Edit_card_01_Star_spawn_A_small.jpg

A1_Edit_card_01_Vampire_A_small.jpg

A1_Edit_card_01_Warlock_A_small.jpg

Edited by Wario

A1_Edit_card_01_Whight_A_small.jpg

A1_Edit_card_01_Witch_A_small.jpg

A1_Edit_card_01_Zombie_A_small.jpg

Epic Monsters :

A1_Edit_Epic_Card_01_Cthulhu_A_small.jpg

A1_Edit_Epic_Card_01_Cthylla_A_small.jpg

A1_Edit_Epic_Card_01_Dunwich_A_small.jpg

A1_Edit_Epic_Card_01_Nug_A_small.jpg

A1_Edit_Epic_Card_01_Shub_Nigurath_A_sma

A1_Edit_Epic_Card_01_Spinner_of_Webs_A_s

A1_Edit_Epic_Card_01_Tick_thock_man_A_sm

A1_Edit_Epic_Card_01_Wind_Walker_A_small

A1_Edit_Epic_Card_01_Zombiehorde_A_small

Back of Monster card :

Back_of_Card_01_A_small.jpg

Edited by Wario

Wow! That art is really good.

One minor point, I always thought the Tick Tock Man was meant to Nyarlathotep in the aspect of near-future technology that subtly corrupts the user. Wikipedia describes him thus: "This avatar is most commonly found in technologically advanced races, or at times when science begins to supersede religion. It can manifest itself from something as mundane as a complex carriage clock to an extremely advanced artificial intelligence. Sources claim it was Nyarlathotep that gave humanity the final keys to unlock the atomic age, unwittingly ushering in the time of their own destruction."

In the 1920's/30s I'd have envisaged him akin to Rotwang's robot from Fritz Lang's Metropolis.

glad to see that this project is still ongoing. Just printed and sleeved the cards and had a first game, works fine! Now I hope to see the expansions come to life, I can only imagine how time consuming this will be, so thanks for the initiative!

I've had to attend to things other than gaming during the past months but now that I'm catching up I'm really glad to see this Monster Card project is still ongoing, Wario. The cards look great. I'll print them off ASAP. Are there bigger images available too ?

Many thanks !

Hello all!

Jake yet again : Thank you for tip.

Voolga : Thank you for first print report!

Arkhan69 : I didn't wish to make double size picture posts because printable layouts hold big size cards you need.

Good news, in general printed card play test was positive, and even my friends who was skeptical - like them.

My time is limited now to do rest of Monsters straight away, so I decided to do all Epic Monster Cards first.

It would give me some initiative and for gameplay add more "Kill the Boss" feeling.

Hi Vario,

any update on the project for the expansions (and eventually epic monsters)? I know this is a lot of work, but the base game cards work really well, so would be a pitty if this is not expanded further...

But thanks anyway for all the work

The download link doesn't work for me :(

Voogla : Thank you for interest! Due lack of time project is going slow, waiting for good moment.

Edited by Wario

Hi

Great job. I WANT this. Soooo awesome.

I think the Download link is down again.

Dl link does not work anymore. Can you please reupload this? This looks amazing.

Old link

Edited by Wario

Thank you very much. Is there a chance that you upload the template for the cards?

Kind regards, Karsten

Hi!

KDuffert at the moment I don't have access to last edition templates (one for monster and second for epic monsters).

I got on my hands unfinished version, on free time will look in it.

Hello!

Finally I'm home and got my hands on project files. Here are two card templates of Monster and Epic cards.

https://failiem.lv/u/kpzr22hx#_

You are free to play around.

I will be away for another two months and only then will continue to create next cards for expansions.

For now - here are updated link of Monster card Layouts of base game ready for print.

https://failiem.lv/u/2aaaeyyp#_

man, looks great! Thanks for all the work, the art is fantastic.

One minor point: any reason you changed the spelling of "Colour out of Space" to the US "Color out of Space" (even though HPL was American, he'd used the UK/Canadian/normal spelling of the word for his story).

On 11.2.2017 at 3:13 PM, Wario said:

Hello!

Finally I'm home and got my hands on project files. Here are two card templates of Monster and Epic cards.

https://failiem.lv/u/kpzr22hx#_

You are free to play around.

I will be away for another two months and only then will continue to create next cards for expansions.

For now - here are updated link of Monster card Layouts of base game ready for print.

https://failiem.lv/u/2aaaeyyp#_

I absolutely love the work you've done here. These card templates will provide very useful as i want to have my cards printed in german.

unfortunately, there are some symbols that are not included in your templates like the green tentacle symbol which indicates that the monster spawns at a specific location and the influence Symbol which is needed for the riot-monster.

Edit: The symbols for perception, lore and influence are lacking as well. Does anybody know where to find them?

Any chance you could upload one additional template? It would be much appreciated.

Edit2: I am halfway through the regular monsters (Except those from the Dreamlands as i dont own this expansion yet). Wario, your templates are georgeous :)

Edited by Raahk

Hey, sorry for the problem but do someone know how to download these cards? When I click on any link it brings me to the page where it says: "This link does not contain any files.

Possible reasons:

• The expiry date of these files is over
  • These files are deleted by the owner
  • You are visiting wrong link
These files can not be restored. Only registered users files are stored permanently"
So, would someone help?
Sorry for the mistakes, I'm not English

Thanks for updating the link. Do you still have the templates? I wanted to use them for customizing some of the monsters.

Is this project still on? The link seems to have expired again, unfortunately

Looks. awesome.. but link is expired. :(

New working link please ?

Edited by Hypnos80