What campaigns exist so far? What sets unlock which campaigns/missions?

By DeceasedCrab, in Road to Legend

(I posted this on Steam but I don't think I'm going to get any serious/useful responses over there. You know... Steam users.)

I don't know how many campaigns exist in total for this. I know there's the Kindred Fire campaign and the Rise of All Goblins campaign. These only require the base set, which is all I currently have, but have the capability to add in additional content/foes/features based on what additional sets you have.
Are there any missions or campaigns that require specific sets to unlock? If campaigns or missions are added to the app which require certain sets, will we be notified of these requirements so we can choose whether or not to go out and buy them?
I really love Descent, and my biggest hurdle to playing has been people-wrangling, and this app is ideal for me. If buying more physical sets will get me more campaigns and missions, I'll do it.

You can see in the collection tab what every expansion and product can add to the app. Only the expansions can add new side quests to play and you cannot acess the specific content for each one until they are marked as onwed in the collection.

At moment, only these two campaigns are released.

If you want more content to the app, I can suggest these priority:

Expansions (big and small) - adds more classes, heroes, monsters, items, condictions, travel events and a new side quest to play.

Heroes and monsters packs - each add 4 new heroes and 3 new monsters groups to use in the app.

Lieutenants packs - add a new peril that spawn the lieutenant to fight against you in the middle of a quest.

And Welcome, you are in the right place to ask anything you want about the app or Descent ;)

Edited by kraisto

I'm on the second run through of the kindred fire campaign and so far all the main quests seem to be identical. Does it not work like normal descent with 20+ quests to pull the pool of 9 played quests from?

Have FFG given any indication as to the release schedule for Road to Legend?

Main quests will be the same. Side quests should be somewhat different.

I'm on the second run through of the kindred fire campaign and so far all the main quests seem to be identical. Does it not work like normal descent with 20+ quests to pull the pool of 9 played quests from?

Have FFG given any indication as to the release schedule for Road to Legend?

You can get different story quests by winning or losing in some points, but the campaign is the same.

For the new releases, nobody knows. I bet in one more campaign until the end of the year.

For the new releases, nobody knows. I bet in one more campaign until the end of the year.

I'm secretly hoping for a Chains that Rust tie-in campaign...

I just hope the next campaign is a 9 quest-et. Only having a couple of side quests and a main mission for act two felt like the game ended just as it started much to all players dissappointment