1 die five cards?

By Supertoe, in Star Wars: Destiny

swd01_layout.png

This had 4 dice vs 4 dice.

I'm assuming (for now) that it will be 30 card decks and a equal/fixed number of dice per side. And I'm guessing you can scale those nulmber up and down if your opponent agrees. (Like, say, two on two or 6 vs 6 or something)

I don't think it'll be based off dice since I saw like Rey's Staff had it's own die and I'm assuming that's just a card you draw from your deck. But yeah maybe Toqtamish has it right and you build on some sort of point system worth of starting characters. That'd be pretty sweet actually.

They all have different point costs. Take a bunch of storm troopers instead and can certainly run more characters than running Vader and Kylo together.

That would also be a nice way of building decks dice pools, but I'm wondering how that will balance out. The more dice you roll, the more chance you will get a certain result.

I mean luke might have a die face that has 3 attacks on it, but his opponent has 2 storm troopers that have 1 attack on 3 sides of their dice, then those storm troopers are gonna do a lot more damage satistically.

It actually says in the article that the points cost is used for constructing your team.

I still can't find that, sorry. Can you point me to it?

Does anyone understand the point system yet? For example, Luke is 15/20 for his point value. Whereas Dooku is 11/15?

Main article under Dooku's picture.

Does anyone understand the point system yet? For example, Luke is 15/20 for his point value. Whereas Dooku is 11/15?

I was going nuts looking for it, but he's correct: In the news article:

swd01_character-card_diagram.png

Each character card shows the character’s health, the symbols on its die, any special abilities, and its point values for constructing your team. We’ll explore each of these in much more detail in a future preview.

(it's in light gray richt under the picture so I had to look twice five times.)

Ugh Can't they just put up the rulebook PDF so I don't have to navigate 3 articles and a youtube clip, to find out about this game? (but atleast FFG releases the PDF rulebook online, unlik other companies! Gaaah that pisses me so off when you can't find the rulebook of agame online. Are some companies trying to hide something?)

Main article under Dooku's picture.

OHHH in the picture caption!

Thanks!

I also really want to know how this works

I also really want to know how this works

Shot-in-the-dark, here, but maybe it means Dooku is 11 of your starting squad point total, but you can put up to 4 points worth of upgrades on him, but no more. So he can be worth as much as 15 to defeat.

Another idea is that main characters have two numbers like this while cannon-fodder have a single number. So to add Dooku, you pay 11 for him and then add up to 4 points-worth of non-unique character to go with him. It looks like First Order Stormtroopers cost only 2 (with just a single number), so maybe your squad could have Dooku and two First Order Stormtroopers. They cost 7, but they do only have a single number, so I think the double number has to do with being a unique character. I'm very interested to see how it all works together.

Edited by Budgernaut

Also shot in the dark: What if it's an out of faction thing? Like if you make a deck (we're gonna need a new word for dice pool) of nothing but blue dice, he costs 11, but if you want him in a red and blue mixed deck he costs 15? (sort of like influence in netrunner)

Well they've already said only rares will need dice.

The other cards in the pack will consist of equipment supports battlefields and events that don't use them. You'll always have a 1-1 ratio of cards that need dice and dice that match. I'm curious the ratio of cards with dice versus cards without in the set that will be the key to me.

Well when you look at all the information you can see that all cards with dice got low set numbers. The highest number with a die you can see is 66. Some of the cards with dice are from the starter and got lower set numbers as well.

The highest set number i saw so far looked like 174. Taking fixed cards from the starters into account i would assume that at least one tjhrd of the cards will be rares and legendarys.

Edited by Reaver027

Okay, thought about it some more. I guess a die would cost about as much as seven cards to make. So its not that FFG is milking money with absurd prices. They don't gain anything from the high prices. But it doesn't change the fact that we lose out.