1 die five cards?

By Supertoe, in Star Wars: Destiny

Okay, wait a minute. Most cards come with dice, right? And yet there is only 1 dice in a booster.

Cards like Mind Trick and battlefields don't have dice. I think that's what will make up the other 4 cards. But with so many cards requiring dice, this will be a deceptively expensive game. It doesn't appear that you will get a die without the card or a card without its die because only rares and legendary cards have dice, and there is only one of those per pack, so you'll get the matching rare/legendary and die with each pack. It's just that you'll have to buy a ton of packs to get all the rares you want.

I'm too used to FFG's standard games where the goal is to get a play set of each piece, but in this case, you just have to build for your one deck. Unfortunately, this will likely be like the LCG where you have to bring two decks to a game so you can each play Light and Dark side for a match.

I think what well find is that multiple cards use the same dice, and that most of those are in the starters.

I'm too used to FFG's standard games where the goal is to get a play set of each piece, but in this case, you just have to build for your one deck. Unfortunately, this will likely be like the LCG where you have to bring two decks to a game so you can each play Light and Dark side for a match.

One of the pages mentions having hero vs hero battles so I don't think that will be necessary.

Yeah, this is a money grab. Must resist.

Okay, wait a minute. Most cards come with dice, right? And yet there is only 1 dice in a booster.

Looks like the characters (and maybe the vehicles, altough I hope no starships) are represented by a die and a card that explains what the dice does. 5similar to dice masters)

The you have other cards, wich seem to be like action or equipment cards that you can play on your characters. (kinda reminds me of the SW Pocketmodel trading card game.)

O gotta admit I like the idea of this system (haven't read the rules yet)

Now if this is correct that would mean you are sure to get one character per pack.

Looks like the characters (and maybe the vehicles, altough I hope no starships) are represented by a die and a card that explains what the dice does. 5similar to dice masters)

We've already seen the Falcon and it's die.

oMfG. Company wants to make money! The shocking news at 11.

No **** Sherlock.

Something else to consider: will there be different versions/rarities of the same die? (like in dice masters)

I don't think that's the case, but in theory you could have Luke Skywalker, farmboy die and a Luke Skywalker, Jedi chase rare die.

Oh yeah that's right, and there's a TIE die.* I just hope you won't get a situations like an unarmed Han Solo knocks down a Tie fighter from orbit...

*ha! TIE die! LOL! :D

Well they've already said only rares will need dice.

The other cards in the pack will consist of equipment supports battlefields and events that don't use them. You'll always have a 1-1 ratio of cards that need dice and dice that match. I'm curious the ratio of cards with dice versus cards without in the set that will be the key to me.

There are three articles up right now:

- the splash page

- the product page

- and the primer article

Make sure to read all three and you are sure to learn a lot rather than making assumptions

Edited by KennedyHawk

Oh yeah that's right, and there's a TIE die.* I just hope you won't get a situations like an unarmed Han Solo knocks down a Tie fighter from orbit...

*ha! TIE die! LOL! :D

You are already going to have Dooki righting Rey and Finn. This game will not be super thematic more abstract.

The other cards in the pack will consist of equipment supports battlefields and events that don't use them.

I don't think this is true. I think you can totally include upgrade cards in your deck that require dice. I predict that the vast majority of cards in the top decks will be rares, accompanied by their own dice. Most, if not all, of the equipment and support cards we've seen include a die. The only ones I can think of that don't are events and battlefields.

Well we cant have Luke and Vader vs the Emperor and some stormtroopers. Bummer!

I wanted to see faher and son fight back to back.

You are already going to have Dooku righting Rey and Finn. This game will not be super thematic more abstract.

In some weird way, it seems like it will *feel* more thematic than the LCG though, since you'll be playing out an epic 2 on 2 combat between iconic characters.

But yeah, characters from any era. So kind of like Street Fighter when people pick the same character vs each other, and characters that weren't alive at the same time, etc. But it should be a really fun 'what-if' mix & match combat game.

I'm excited.

The other cards in the pack will consist of equipment supports battlefields and events that don't use them.

I don't think this is true. I think you can totally include upgrade cards in your deck that require dice. I predict that the vast majority of cards in the top decks will be rares, accompanied by their own dice. Most, if not all, of the equipment and support cards we've seen include a die. The only ones I can think of that don't are events and battlefields.

I didn't say you couldn't but you can also find ones with no dice. So they can be in both. We don't know they deck building rules yet. Assuming people will cram 30 dice in their deck is probably overkill. Those cards may cost more to play by hand and be less useful until you ramp up. Etc etc

All in saying is you'll get 4 cards that don't need a dice and one that doesn't so I'd like to know the balance of these types in the full set.

One of the first things I noticed is that it appears that the card backs are the same for the Dark Side and Light Side cards. So, yeah, maybe the tournament rules don't want you to mix good with evil (probably for balance issues like X-Wing) but gameplay wise I don't think there'll be anything to really stop us. Fun games at the house we can definitely try some of these Dark + Light match ups! At least that's my hope!

Well...they are a for profit company after all.

One of the first things I noticed is that it appears that the card backs are the same for the Dark Side and Light Side cards. So, yeah, maybe the tournament rules don't want you to mix good with evil (probably for balance issues like X-Wing) but gameplay wise I don't think there'll be anything to really stop us. Fun games at the house we can definitely try some of these Dark + Light match ups! At least that's my hope!

DS cards say Villain on the bottom. LS say Hero.

Anakin (if we get him) vs Vader would also be cool! (and it could be a halucination/force projection like when luke fought "vader" on dagobah in ESB)

oMfG. Company wants to make money! The shocking news at 11.

No **** Sherlock.

You know what I mean.

Anakin (if we get him) vs Vader would also be cool! (and it could be a halucination/force projection like when luke fought "vader" on dagobah in ESB)

I can't wait to try it all! Can't wait to see just bizarre combinations working as a team for fun!

Edited by Mattr0polis

4 sith vs 4 jedi!

Showdown at high noon at the OK corral moss Eisly cantina!

Vader, Maul, Dooku, Palpatine*

VS

Luke, Ben, Yoda, Rey*

* roster still subject to change depending on available characters.

I think from what we've seen so far you play 2 characters vs 2 characters. But I'm hoping that you can easily make it more characters each if you want.

I'm also hoping that we'll be able to easily do 2 players vs 2 players team games, each controlling 1 or 2 heroes.

So many possibilities from the looks of it.

Edited by Mattr0polis

They all have different point costs. Take a bunch of storm troopers instead and can certainly run more characters than running Vader and Kylo together.