Chains the Rust in RTL

By PonSquared, in Road to Legend

What support will there be for Chains that Rust in Road to Legend?

It really boggles my mind that FFG brings out Road to Legend than immediately puts out an expansion that, "mainly features overlord cards." I wish FFG would have started to make Descent expansions with Road to Legend in mind over purely focusing on the standard (one vs all) way of playing the game. They converted Mansions of Madness over to app only. Why, then, is FFG making Descent expansion with so little content for the app version of the game?

I will never play the standard version of Descent again. To me, the app version is far superior (even with its quirks) to the standard game. FFG has made nearly $200 off me since the app came out beacuse the app is so much fun to play. If expansions are introduced with the app in mind then I will gladly continue to spend my money on them. As such, I would really appreciate if future expansions had more thought put into them for the Road to Legend players.

I want to feel good about purchasing Descent expansions and not think that 75% of the money I spent went to overlord/rumors/travel materials that I'll never use and are essentially garbage.

Thanks!

Edited by PonSquared

I don´t think TCtR is that bad content wise. For RtL you will get the 4 new hybrid classes, the terrified condition, (probably) a few Act II items, an expansion specific sidequest and 3 new monster groups.

The only weird thing about this expansion is, that they put themselves into a position, that required them to include the terrified condition a second time (I think one of the lieutenants, which is also featured in this expansion, uses it).

It´s true that the overlord cards, travel cards and the campaign can´t be used in RtL, but this isn´t needed. All these components use different mechanics in RtL, which are not tied to physical expansions.

Overlord cards are a combination of monster activations and peril effects, travel cards are replaced by travel events and the number of quests will increase once new campaigns in the app are released.

What would you think a special "RtL" supporting physical expansion would need to offer? I´m curious.

Edited by DerDelphi

I dare say that the Chains that Rust might be even the best expansion to get for RtL because of the hybrid classes. Essentially thats 4 new classes, or at least play-styles in a small box expansion. New options for all the heroes you have collected to far.

Essencially you only not use the new overlord deck and the campaign from Chains.

If you compare the price and what you get in this expansions with, for example, any other hero & monster pack, I think this have better value than any of them.

If you compare the price and what you get in this expansions with, for example, any other hero & monster pack, I think this have better value than any of them.

I dare say that the Chains that Rust might be even the best expansion to get for RtL because of the hybrid classes. Essentially thats 4 new classes, or at least play-styles in a small box expansion. New options for all the heroes you have collected to far.

I totally agree and I won't miss it. At the same time, because of opposite considerations, I would consider mist of Bilehall the worst one.

I know they never would, but I wish they would offer RTL editions of expansions at a discounted price.