Interisting, very interisting ...

By kraisto, in Road to Legend

No kidding. I will try and resist as long as I can, but the only reason MoM doesn't get played is that I don't like being the OL and no one else in my group is interested in trying it.

No kidding. I will try and resist as long as I can, but the only reason MoM doesn't get played is that I don't like being the OL and no one else in my group is interested in trying it.

Waiting for the reprinting and now they came up with this ... diabolic FFG, diabolic :blink:

Oh come on, I just bought the first edition! D:

I mailed them just the other week asking them about reprints of the expansions, and they said it was in the pipeline! What utter cünts.

The fact that I have zero interest in an App-driven game (for multiple reasons) doesn't make it any better.

Edited by Luckmann

I mailed them just the other week asking them about reprints of the expansions, and they said it was in the pipeline! What utter cünts.

The fact that I have zero interest in an App-driven game (for multiple reasons) doesn't make it any better.

Since the app will use most of the core elements (tiles, monsters, etc) from the previous edition, I think we will see them again. All boxed products still in the reprint queue on the upcoming page.

Since the app will use most of the core elements (tiles, monsters, etc) from the previous edition, I think we will see them again. All boxed products still in the reprint queue on the upcoming page.

I don't know, it would be downright bizarre to see them reprint the 1st Edition expansions once the 2nd Edition core game has been released.

Indeed. But why develop a product with backward compatibility since new players will not have acess to the old content?

Maybe new expansions, like Descent (aka monsters and heroes packs) for some retro compatibility , or tiles expansions.

For a new player perspective, if the reprints will be the main source for new content, this will be sux. Pay the full price for a entire core box just for a "expansion" ??? Irrrrcccc.

It certainly seems like they are treating the expansions from the first edition along with the base game as expansions for the second edition. I wouldn't expect them to create more content for the first edition but if the second edition is backwards compatible with first like they are making it sound it would make sense for the to keep the expansions and even the base game in print. If they did the same thing with Descent and RtL was really 3rd edition and you had to buy a $100 boxed game to use it people would still be buying up all the old stuff to include it in the new version which means FFG would continue to print them.

It certainly seems like they are treating the expansions from the first edition along with the base game as expansions for the second edition. I wouldn't expect them to create more content for the first edition but if the second edition is backwards compatible with first like they are making it sound it would make sense for the to keep the expansions and even the base game in print. If they did the same thing with Descent and RtL was really 3rd edition and you had to buy a $100 boxed game to use it people would still be buying up all the old stuff to include it in the new version which means FFG would continue to print them.

Yep. Is the way I see. You can make a new game version with entire new rules and adapt the components from old ones. Add lots of value to a old product.

I think the second edition is more like a adaptation than a new game, in Arkhan horror / eldritch horror style (Arkhan Horror still alive and well ;) )

Just pre-ordered this today. Even though I have the 1st edition, I haven't played it at all...just never could get my buds interested enough to play it. I'm hoping the full co-op nature of this one will get them into it, and even if it doesn't, I'll happily play it solo.