New Update: App crashing

By quartersmostly, in Road to Legend

I'm using an iPad Air2 and since the most recent update the app crashes every time I try to load a campaign. Is anyone else having this problem?

does that happen every time or only with saved campaigns from an older version?

Only when I load an existing campaign. I started a new one and clicked through the first few quests and then quit the campaign. When I tried loading the campaign it worked. I then tried loading an existing campaign and that worked. Go figure.

does that happen every time or only with saved campaigns from an older version?

Yep, all previous save are not working - tested on android device.

Edited by kraisto

Only when I load an existing campaign. I started a new one and clicked through the first few quests and then quit the campaign. When I tried loading the campaign it worked. I then tried loading an existing campaign and that worked. Go figure.

Worked on android too.

UPDATE: tested on steam and on the android device again. After reloading the app, the new saves and the old ones are not working, the app freeze in a blank scenario (only the mouse works on steam).

Edited by kraisto

Just checked mine.. I was IN THE MIDDLE of a quest - went to eat for a few hours, and came back to a black screen. All reloads of the save are just black screen with ambient music. I'm so pissed.

Edit: the 'create new campaign and then reload old campaign' fix worked for me. Thanks!

Edited by LiquidLogic

I had this happen too (Steam).

I quit the App - reloaded it. Created a new test campaign and exited the campaign.

Reloaded the old campaign (freezing on black screen with pointer) and it now works...

Worked on android too.

UPDATE: tested on steam and on the android device again. After reloading the app, the new saves and the old ones are not working, the app freeze in a blank scenario (only the mouse works on steam).

Same on Kindle Fire (2nd gen). Got past the initial freeze by starting a new campaign, quitting and then loading the original campaign again, as described here.

When reloading the app again, later in the day the problem recurred.

My app is crashing whenever I load a campaign. Doesn't matter if it's an old one from before the latest update, or if it's a brand new campaign I just created. Once I exit the app, and come back in to load a campaign, screen goes black, then I go back to the home screen.

I'm on an iPad 3rd Gen, running iOS 9.3.3.

We played on Thursday without issue using Steam.

Edited by PonSquared

We played on Thursday without issue using Steam.

Of course !!!! The last patch arrived on friday .... ;)

Edited by kraisto

My old campains don't work and the brand new one we just started won't load now after we did the first quest

I'm in the same boat on Steam...Group getting together for monthly game tomorrow night :@

I'm in the same boat on Steam...Group getting together for monthly game tomorrow night :@

If you use the workaround you should be ok ... once it's up and running it's all good until you quit.

I had the same issue on an iPad 2.

What I did: start a new campaign, close it. Load the new one again. Works. Close again.

Then: load an old one. Now it doesn't crash anymore. No idea why.

I also updated iOS. But before starting a new campaign this didn't help an when loading an old campaing the app crashed.

Workaround:

Every time you want to load your campaign, you must create a new one, click until you can exit campaign back to the menu -> then you can load your old campaign.

If you exit the app, you will not be able to load any of the campaigns (including the newly created one). To load anything, you must first start a new one again, then exit it.

Looks like some problem with loading the data / caching?

-zxql

App updated today. Back to normal state.

kraisto, on 26 Jul 2016 - 3:19 PM, said:

App updated today. Back to normal state.

Hooray!