All Healer Party

By quartersmostly, in Road to Legend

A friend and I were talking the other day about how a healer seems essential to any party in RtL since the way you loses is by being KO'd a set number of times so being able to heal your wounds is very important. Which got me thinking what if I ran a party of all healers. I have no idea if this would work but I think I am going to give it a try. Before I start I thought I would come here and see what people think would be the best all healer three hero party would be. I have all the boxed expansion heroes and classes to choose from. I'm thinking Bard/Disciple/Apothecary but I'm not sure what heroes to pair with them.

I'm open to any suggestions including people telling me I'm crazy and this won't work.

Before Kindred Fire was released, I once tried that in the RoaG campaign. I took:

- H-Serena - Spiritspeaker : Mostly because of Tempest and Shared Pain. Kind of the Mage of the team, dealing tons of damge to every monster within 3 spaces, and becuase the party is slow monsters will always be close. You will never have to worry about small monster groups (Goblins, Kobolds, Rat Swarms, etc.)

- Augur Grisom - Discipline : the devoted protector for Serena. Both share low speed but high mana pool. Besides, he has good health. You will not have to worry about abosorbing damage, he can heal himself and boost him self too (Armor of Faith), and with the protection of Serena (Stoneskin) and the Wooden Shield, he won't receive much damage anyway. Therefore, you would never fear Serena would be defeated.

- Ashrian - Prophet : The semi-scout of the party. Someone needs to go for the objetives and so on. With 5 speed and the posibility to have 5 Awarness (with Battle Vision) she is the scout . No problem for her to be away, thanks to the apothecary, she could be carrying tons of Elixiries and never been KO.

- Brother Gherinn - Aphothecary : Basically you give any Elixir to Ashrian so she could scout properly, with "Bottled Courage" and his passive it shouln't be a problem. Additionally, "Inky substance" will boots the lack of damage of the party for those big monsters.

What I found is that obviosly you lack in damage, so things like Golems, Ironbounds, Giants and heavy tanks will be very difficult to come around, even with Tempest and that kind of stuff. Therefore, large monsters will become a problem (AKA, Unique Monsters). Another thing is, you may run out of mana fast due to being using it to compensate the low movility of the party. However, as you said, you will never, ever have a KO hero (unless it is directly focused in one monster activation), and they will always be good in health.

I don't know how it works with Kindred Fire becuase in RoaG you recieve 3 exp rigth the way. You could possibly suffer in those early quests, but you can use Tamalir action to get those 2 Exp skills, right the way.

I also did a full Scout and Mage party with funny results hahaha but that's a discussion for another topic.

EDIT: Additionally, this party distributes the attributes correctly, even for a full healer party.

Edited by Volkren

You need damage output or the app will kill your party with the perils.

You need damage output or the app will kill your party with the perils.

"-He's rigth *deletes the party and grabs a full mage party* :P "

I mean, ofc balance-synergized parties are strong, almost unbeatable, but, isn't crazy stuff fun too? There's always this crazy aspect of every game. "What if I take this instead of this? What if I do this? What if...?"

Innovation never comes from stability :rolleyes:

Edited by Volkren

Yes perils are clearly going to be the big equalizer in this experiment. It will take bit longer to kill stronger enemies but with some good weapons and maybe a few skills that can help increase damage output it may be possible to keep up as the campaign moves along.

Yes perils are clearly going to be the big equalizer in this experiment. It will take bit longer to kill stronger enemies but with some good weapons and maybe a few skills that can help increase damage output it may be possible to keep up as the campaign moves along.

Someday I need try a radiant light + tempest combo :P just for fun.

I dont have much time today, but I need make a skill list to discover synergies between the healer classes.

Edited by kraisto

Hi!

Prophet . I think it's a must if you ever go full healer party :) prophets starting weapon is just too good. Reach, always 1 extra damage and you can put weakness on tough enemies which will help you defeat them with ease.

Bard . I don't have this expansion, but I know that he has songs increasing party damage. Couple it with the weakness from prophet and you will have enough damage early on to up the pace.

That leaves you with 1 extra class in a 3-hero game. For more damage (AOE + reach) it is probably spiritspeaker, for healing and single target damage - apothecary and disciple is a good self-sustainable middle ground.

Let me know what do you think! :)

-zxql

I just got the expansion that includes prophet and haven't had a chance to look at the skill and weapon cards. Maybe I'll include it in the party. Thanks for the suggestion.

Trollfens includes Weakened as a new condition. It causes monsters permanently lose 1 shield from all defense rolls, and 1 heart from all damage rolls.

Prophet's flail has reach, rolls blue and yellow dies. If not wielding anything in other hand, it has a static +1 heart to all attack rolls. If you manage to get weakness on a boss or any other monster, Prophet essentially has a permanent +1 damage +1 pierce, the pierce also being added to every other hero attacking the enemy :)

-zxql

An apothecary with a proper bow (preferably the Bow of bone) can do damage comparable to a tank.

I have one-shotted a master Arachyura at least once using the Bow of bone, co0ncotion and Secret Formula

So a Blue, Yellow Green Green, 1 extra surge, Pierce 1, 1 surge for +2 range and +1 damage, 2 surges for +3 damage, 1 surge for +1 damage and 1 surge for +2 damage

Add inky substance for extra fun (one more green die)

With that on your side, you can reliably get 2-4 surges, allowing you to trigger +3-6 damage, Pierce 1 (with a maximum rollable damage of 7)

I started my 3 hero party with all heroes last night.

Jonas The Kind – Bard

Augur Grisom - Prophet

Ulma Grimstone – Apothecary

I played the intro quest and the Troll’s Treasure quest. So far things went well. I have probably played the intro quest about 6 times now and this was the easiest I have made it through. Possibly because I now it well now but also the group seemed to work really well together. The Troll’s Treasure quest was really easy. I don’t know if I made the correct decision in the end but it really seems like one of the easier side quests.

After the first quest I had each of them spend their XP. I think after I earn the next XP I will train for one in Tamalir to get to those 2 xp skills.

I chose Battle Vision, this now gives me somebody with a 3 awareness which I think will be useful. Especially with Sage’s Tome. Herbal Lore to deal with those pesky conditions. For the Bard I chose Understudy. This allows me to heal up to 8 wounds on a single character in a round, not counting Augur’s hero ability.

I’ve done a little shopping and picked up the City Guard’s Bow for Jonas, the Ironbound Rune and Undying Skull for Ulma.

It seems to be working out pretty well so far. I’ve been KO’d once and it was my own fault. I could have prevented it and felt pretty dumb afterwards.

I hope to run a couple more quests tonight.

This works really well. I just successfully completed a quest where two heroes were knocked out before their first activation and the other suffered 9 of 10 wounds. Was able to regroup and complete the quest. I don't think that happens with most parties.

Wow.. How did such fast KOs happen? Was it the arachnophilia quest? How can you rate the clases and compare to one another seeing them in action side by side?

-zxql

Wow.. How did such fast KOs happen? Was it the arachnophilia quest? How can you rate the clases and compare to one another seeing them in action side by side?

-zxql

Without getting too spoilery during the travel event on the way to the quest I was forced to roll 2 red dice and suffer damage equal to the hearts rolled for each hero (separate rolls). In the quest (it wasn't arachnophilia) there is an action you can take with your first activation which deals 4 wounds to each hero. This knocked out Ulma and left the other two on deaths door. After that the first monster group activated and finished off Augur.

When I have more time and advance a little further in the campaign I'll try to compare and rate them.

When I have more time I will

Edited by quartersmostly

-zxql

Without getting too spoilery during the travel event on the way to the quest I was forced to roll 2 red dice and suffer damage equal to the hearts rolled for each hero (separate rolls). In the quest (it wasn't arachnophilia) there is an action you can take with your first activation which deals 4 wounds to each hero. This knocked out Ulma and left the other two on deaths door. After that the first monster group activated and finished off Augur.

When I have more time and advance a little further in the campaign I'll try to compare and rate them.

When I have more time I will

And if you hadn't been knocked out, you probably would have been stunned, amirite?

:ph34r:

And if you hadn't been knocked out, you probably would have been stunned, amirite?

Yes,one was in fact stunned.

My actions were

Jonas fatigues adjacent to the token activate token/ remove stun condition

Ulma Stands up.

Augur stands up.

It was a rough first turn.

Yes,one was in fact stunned.

My actions were

Jonas fatigues adjacent to the token activate token/ remove stun condition

Ulma Stands up.

Augur stands up.

It was a rough first turn.

That quest's first turn is meant to be unpleasant to all involved... AND you had the misfortune to start already damaged.

Luckily for you, you had Augur in your party to help with the heavy lifting. ;)