When are the Elves coming?

By jimjim19681968, in BattleLore

in fact i wonder why they missed some Runewars units. They could do that in a/some pack/s. Undead : vampire Demons : Sorcerer Human : Angel (they are not in runewars, but i would love to have them instead of that behemoth).

For me, that was a right thing to do, because, frankly, these were generic crap without Terrinoth flavor.

I really do not need more units except from some Heroes units , what i really need is a campain mode with scenarios that fit in a whole picture. Play the great battles of the first, second darkness or a the new one i don't care... the minis are fantastic, the game is fantastic but i need to have some story driven battles. It would be cool to discover the hidden history of terrinoth, and become familiars with the great deeds of some of the legendary heroes of terrinoth.

I really do not need more units except from some Heroes units , what i really need is a campain mode with scenarios that fit in a whole picture. Play the great battles of the first, second darkness or a the new one i don't care... the minis are fantastic, the game is fantastic but i need to have some story driven battles. It would be cool to discover the hidden history of terrinoth, and become familiars with the great deeds of some of the legendary heroes of terrinoth.

I LOVE this idea! It would be so cool to have historic Terrinoth battles. I can just imagine having a two-player game of Daqan Lords and Latari Elves guarding strategic points in defense of Terrinoth against the evil legions of Waiqar the Undying and the savage Uthuk Y'llan! We could also have historical heroes like Waiqar, Llovar Rotnuno, Maegan Cyndewin, King Daqan, and Knight Captain Alcran! Very neat idea!

I LOVE this idea! It would be so cool to have historic Terrinoth battles. I can just imagine having a two-player game of Daqan Lords and Latari Elves guarding strategic points in defense of Terrinoth against the evil legions of Waiqar the Undying and the savage Uthuk Y'llan! We could also have historical heroes like Waiqar, Llovar Rotnuno, Maegan Cyndewin, King Daqan, and Knight Captain Alcran! Very neat idea!

And you can even introduce some of the runebound heroes, so that it could deepen the characters.

Imagine the time when Ronan from the wild managed with a bunch of Latarian Elves to cut trough the Uthuk defences and bring the awaited Dragon Rune to Maegan. Or when Vorakesh raised the dead from all Tamalir Cemetaries in order to overhelm the city with his undead army. The city was doomed until at the 4th day of the siege when suddenly the roar of a war horn announced King Daqan army helped by master thorn and his magic.

Not to forget that Army Packs come with additional scenarios. At the moment we have 14 scenarios for each faction in the game (correct me if I'm mistaken); this means 3*14^2 posssible combos of scenarios only, i.e. 588 different boards to play on. Even if you play one game / day, it's almost 2 years of fun, and this without considering the fact that by changing the composition of your army, you change the game drastically

Undead has in each expansion 6 scenario cards. = 12

Core set has for each army 7 scenarios. Army packs have also 6 scenarios for each army: 13/13

But of course would it be awesome if there would be a new army or a core set (probably including sea battle).

Are you sure about the core set + first expansions? I just checked my files and I count 12 for both Uthuk and Daqan .

Anyway, ok, it's 3*12^2, which means 432 games. Still, if you are ok in playing both sides, it becomes 864. A lot!

I LOVE THIS IDEA!

Not sure this is any new info, but I spoke to Mr. Borg at dice tower con. According to him the elves are ready to go and just awaiting FFG approval and production. No comment on how long that could be.

This was posted on this BGG thread. http://boardgamegeek.com/article/23236690#23236690

If true, that's fascinating. I've been alpha tester for all the existing expansions for BattleLore and I never had the pleasure to work with Richard Borg. This could mean the game's been returned to the original creator, which can be incredibly good or incredibly bad.

If true, that's fascinating. I've been alpha tester for all the existing expansions for BattleLore and I never had the pleasure to work with Richard Borg. This could mean the game's been returned to the original creator, which can be incredibly good or incredibly bad.

Hmm. So this suggests that you haven't playtested any elves yet, or that that post wasn't true. Which one?...

Or that she isn't allowed to say.

Or that she isn't allowed to say.

Yeah, or that.

Edited by Toenail

I wonder if FFG will troll us by announcing elves at gencon... for Battlelore command.

No news from GenCON and my hopes for an expansion are growing thinner...

Yet I see a pretty good fan base for this game, so I wonder why wouldn't they produce some new content for BL2.

Elves are officially coming to Runewars, guess we'll find out soon if they are also coming to battlelore.

Edited by mulletcheese

Where does this info come from?

On one of the hero cards, it says

"you may include 1 latari elf unit in your army"

I hadn't realized this. That is exciting news!

That could be a fantastic sign of things to come.

When it comes to Terrinoth, their last wave seemed to be linked quite closely with other products in the universe.

Battlelore got the undead faction. Descent got two small box expansions focusing on the undead. Runewars made Waiquar one of the starting armies. Lastly, Vorakesh and his zombies were part of the new Runebound base game.

Perhaps we can expect something similar with the elves? I would personally be quite ecstatic about a Descent big box expansion focusing on the elves. :D

Edited by Valadar

Yup, if they do as with undead, then we'll see Elves coming everywhere, including BattleLore. Let's see

On one of the hero cards, it says

"you may include 1 latari elf unit in your army"

Would you care to give a link please? :)

kariwraithstalker-back.jpg

Doesn't load for me. Can you just give a hyperlink?