Core Set Books Available as PDFs via DriveThruRPG and RPGNow

By ynnen, in WFRP Archived Announcements

UniversalHead said:

These PDFs have real usability problems that need to be fixed.

As far as I know the crashing problem with the last page of the core books has never been remedied, and The Gathering Storm is almost unusable it is so slow to load and view. Please either make available a low-res web version with the print-res version, or change the encryption so we can save an optimised version ourselves. Currently, I cannot save a smaller version (even through Distiller) because of the encryption. I understand the copyright issues but this is just too inflexible currently.

Having paid for both the printed version and the PDF version, I don't think this is too much to ask. We need a web-res version that is fast to use as well as this interminably slow print-res version (or, if you prefer, make both versions available as different purchase options).

And please fix the crashing problem with the core rulesbooks and allow us to replace the corrupted versions we bought.

Thankyou!

+1000

I bought the 4 core books as PDFs along with the Core Box set, Adventurer, GM, TGS, Winds of Magic (and i'll get the Faith one), but will not buy anymore PDFs because it. I even regret the spending for the 4 core PDFs as, past the 1st reading, they are way to painfull to use.

Yes, unfortunately I've bought PDFs of everything so far as well as the printed product, but I won't buy anymore unless I get web versions. I just spent a lot of frustrating time trying to get the Gathering Storm PDF on my iPad without success.

Please guys, fix this issue!

As ever, the response from Jay has been fantastic.

Just got the new Gathering Storm PDF, which is a vast improvement at less than half the size. There are a few cosmetic issues still - faint lines around some headings, a graphic background glitch on p68, and the pages with monster stats on them at the back are still very slow to load - but on the whole this is much more useable and works on my iPad at last!

I'd still love to be able to have control in Acrobat so I could save my own optimised version, but this is far better than before. Thanks Jay!

PS If you're using an iPad I highly recommend the app 'GoodReader'.