On the organization of enemies...

By Yegglord2, in WFRP Gamemasters

How do you guys do it? Flipping between pages is a tad difficult...do you photocopy, or do you use a custom sheet?

Flipping pages in the book doesn't work for me. I have a scanner and a color laser printer, so I'm just copying the stat/ability pages. One of the advantages of the smallish Bestiary is that I don't feel too bad about copying the pages out. I'd think twice about doing it for a larger stand-alone book, but right now it's just a few pages. I'd like to see individual pages in a loose leaf binder, if they don't come out with cards, One side could have the fluff and the other the stats and abilities. You could organize them however you wish and as they come out with more, you could just slot them in. They've gone to a lot of trouble to make the player side of this very modular, it would be great if we could get the same treatment as GMs.

Look in my sig, download the 'Monster Tracker' sheet. Print out as many copies as you need. Drop the tokens on it instead.

I have them slipped into the pockets of a customizable GM screen. I just lay it flat and drop the tokens on it.

NezziR said:

Look in my sig, download the 'Monster Tracker' sheet. Print out as many copies as you need. Drop the tokens on it instead.

I have them slipped into the pockets of a customizable GM screen. I just lay it flat and the tokens on it.

I've taken these monster sheets and put them into page protectors, a use a wet erase marker to make notes, wipe it clean after the session. Suggestions for the future Nez, would be a space for defence, toughness +soak, and standard damage,

Personally, I'm eventually hoping for Monster Cards of the same size as the Career Cards.

...but yes, with multiple opponents, flipping through the book can be a pain.

Thanks much for the monster sheets. These will be put into use right away...now I'm really excited for this thursdays game.

I'm not really sure how the monster sheets are intended to be used. Just having a place to tokens other than a page in the book isn't enough. You would need to copy all the stats and abilities onto these or else you still need to reference the book. If you want an encounter with some Goblins and a Troll, you're still stuck flipping pages in the book unless you copy all the info onto the tracking sheets or make photocopies. I just make photocopies of the pages and keep them handy. Since there aren't too many right now, it's not an excessive amount of copying and I can just put the tokens right on the copies.

Sinister said:

NezziR said:

I have them slipped into the pockets of a customizable GM screen. I just lay it flat and the tokens on it.

I've taken these monster sheets and put them into page protectors, a use a wet erase marker to make notes, wipe it clean after the session. Suggestions for the future Nez, would be a space for defence, toughness +soak, and standard damage,

Good idea - will do.

mac40k said:

I'm not really sure how the monster sheets are intended to be used. Just having a place to tokens other than a page in the book isn't enough. You would need to copy all the stats and abilities onto these or else you still need to reference the book. If you want an encounter with some Goblins and a Troll, you're still stuck flipping pages in the book unless you copy all the info onto the tracking sheets or make photocopies. I just make photocopies of the pages and keep them handy. Since there aren't too many right now, it's not an excessive amount of copying and I can just put the tokens right on the copies.

Yeah, you still flip through the book, you just have a different place to toss your tokens (instead of the book). That way they don't get a messed up if you have to turn the page.

NezziR said:

mac40k said:

Yeah, you still flip through the book, you just have a different place to toss your tokens (instead of the book). That way they don't get a messed up if you have to turn the page.

Adding the stats to the monster box however (generic slots for them) allows me to prep a game from the book and leave the book in the box.

I'm eventually going to print the monster pages out, so I can lay the stat sheets in front of me for whatever composition the enemy party is. But for now, flipping it is.