Road to Legend - Attacking Multiple Monsters

By Gendalm, in Road to Legend

Well, first thank you FFG for making Fire Flask more useless !! :D

On the other hand since the rule on attacking multiple monsters (p.10) seems to cover only "attack" actions I suppose other action like Radiant Light (Disciple) and Tempest (Spiritspeaker) are not affected.

At the same time skill like Advance are also not influenced by this rule since they are not targeting multiple monsters but they are a bonus attack.

Is there some additional considerations about this rule I am missing ?? Yesterday we have forgot to round up the damage (and we round it down... :P ).

My interpretation is that because in the Road To Legend rules, under the Attacking Multiple Monsters section, they use the keyword "attack", the rule only applies to any ability or skill that uses the same "attack" keyword in its description.

However, I don't know off-hand the exact wording of the example abilities/skills mentioned in the rules, so I may be mistaken...

Yes, it shouldn't affect abilities that are not based on attacks, like the ones you mentioned.

As for Advance, yes, it doesn't affect them either beacuse it is a different attack.

Hahaha I never realized that before, about the Fire Flask, yes, it is now more useless...

I can see why they did it.

As Overlord, if one of my heroes is a Runemaster with Exploding Rune, I spread my monsters out a bit so I don't lose an entire pack of goblins in a single attack.

With the software, the monsters tend to get bunched up, and are more easily dispatched with Blast-capable attacks.

Doing half-damage to additional targets with AoE is something I was surprised to find missing in the core Descent rules when I first started playing - now, with RtL, it's here.

Edited by Lifer4700

As Overlord, if one of my heroes is a Runemaster with Exploding Rune, I spread my monsters out a bit so I don't lose an entire pack of goblins in a single attack.

With the software, the monsters tend to get bunched up, and are more easily dispatched with Blast-capable attacks.

Doing half-damage to additional targets with AoE is something I was surprised to find missing in the core Descent rules when I first started playing - now, with RtL, it's here.

As an OL player, I still found blast way too strong even trying to spread out and counter it. there's only so much spreading you can do in the 2x2 corridors haha. I like this change a lot, and I didn't notice it half way through Rise of All Goblins..and it was feeling kind of easy.

NVM, I found it in the rules. I have not been playing this way...oops...lol.

Edited by Eronenris

As an OL player, I still found blast way too strong even trying to spread out and counter it. there's only so much spreading you can do in the 2x2 corridors haha. I like this change a lot, and I didn't notice it half way through Rise of All Goblins..and it was feeling kind of easy.

The thing is that in RtL the monsters have a tendency to stick together so that using the classic rule for blast would be devastative. Still the fact that you can more or less anticipate the monsters movements as they react the same way whatever the situation is, is definitively a great advantage for heroes, thing that do not exist in the standard game.

Edited by Tintaglia

Do the monster "blast" abilities still do full damage or is their damage halved on extra heroes that are in the way?

Do the monster "blast" abilities still do full damage or is their damage halved on extra heroes that are in the way?

Full damage.

While I understand the tactical reason for the rule, I think it takes away from some of the fun. Who doesn't love doing a whirlwind attack and taking out a bunch of guys? I think, though, if you put all the damage on the master and half the damage on the minions...you'll still drop a lot of minions.

While I understand the tactical reason for the rule, I think it takes away from some of the fun. Who doesn't love doing a whirlwind attack and taking out a bunch of guys? I think, though, if you put all the damage on the master and half the damage on the minions...you'll still drop a lot of minions.

I can confirm this is the case...

:lol:

We purchased the Dwarven Firebomb for our Logan Lashley/Shadow Walker and it's...

super effective!