Day One Purchase!

By Svartnatt, in Horus Heresy

This announcement is absolutely amazing news! I have been reading the Horus Heresy novels since they were released, and I'm hard pressed to think of a game I'd want more than this one. Will preorder this one as soon as I can.

Is this an guaranteed purchase for anyone else?

I'll be pre-ordering as soon as I have the cash. My jaw actually dropped when I read the post.

If it weren't for Runewars in the queue ahead of it, then YES day one for me.

If it were possible to get this before day one, I would so be there. As it is I shall content myself with buying it the first day I can.

I seem to purchase everything they release lately...I was waiting for Runewars but now this...!!!

Im assuming Runewars is a Jan 2010 release so this maybe spring?

''...Any overtime boss...'?'

I hope they space them out because I'm really looking forward to runewars, and then for this to pop up I was going to limit how many games I bought next year. Apparently that's not going to happen if these keep coming out.

I am looking forward to this games release very much. It was awesome to see it when I logged on today.

According to the Fotress AT website , this game is slated for a March, 2010 release.

Instant pre-order as far as I'm concerned. I've spent the morning re-reading the rules to the original, plus the other two in the series. "Horus Heresy" was always my favorite of the three. I've no doubt the new version will be wonderful.

TK

it is for me! I also love the novels, just started reading Mechanicum. There's 5 novels planned for 2010 whoohooo

As happy as I am to see this title, I am going to wait and check out the reviews first. I really want to avoid games right now that are too long and complex for no good reason. I am hoping this game will have a play time under 3 hours and it wont have a ruleset where I have to look something up every 5 mins. I do see a lot of potential with this title, but I just do not have the time for long epic games like I once did, nor the patience for overly complex rules. I guess that is why I like Chaos in the Old World so much, it isn't too long and the complexity is just right. Crossing my fingers, and hoping for the best for this game, because it does sound very promising.

Yes, I will definitely buy this when it's released. Looks awsome babeo.gif

I hope that more informations will coming soon from FFG, but definately one for me, too.

This is gonna be awesome, this is one of the greatest battles in 40k history

I work at a games shop, so I'll pick it up the second its available to us.

Do want.

This unholy alliance of GW and FFG is wreaking havoc on my wallet. I'm traditionally just a card/board/wargamer (yeah, yeah, kind of a broad spectrum for me to use the word "just" :P ) but 3rd Ed Fantasy Roleplay looked so awesome I stretched my budget to the limit to buy it last weekend . . . at least my next student loan installment comes in before this baby hits. Guaranteed purchase here, I've already read all of the HH novels and I'd buy this even if I hadn't thanks for FFG's awesome job with CitOW and Warhammer: Invasion.

Greece resident here, and im pre ordering it as soon as it possible...even tho its possible that the shippiing is going to cost as much as the game itself , hehe. Any idea on pre order date initiation?

This is definitely a first day purchase for me, and I hope this release hints that FFG might be updating the Battle for Armaggedon and Doom of the Eldar games. These were classic games that deserve the FFG treatment.

Why, oh why do the FFG show this game and don't sell it? I want to buy it, not wait... Sob.

Marcin Przybyłek said:

Why, oh why do the FFG show this game and don't sell it? I want to buy it, not wait... Sob.

Because FFG loves the tears of gamers in anticipation, thats why they never give solid release dates, because nothing fills their dark masters with more glee than to hear the choruses of "is it in yet" from gamers anxiously awaiting the next FFG product.

That and its still likely being finished up and mass produced, wait (in)patiently, it will get here eventually, one day you will go into the game store with a look of a beaten man, resigned to his fate and ask "is HH in yet?" and instead of that "hahah no not a chance peon" you are expecting, the nice man with a chinbeard and the odor of a thousand rotting carcasses will reach behind the counter and pull out a box full of beauty and you will run home in glee you arms wrapped around a bran spankin new copy of Horus Heresy with a mixture of tears and snot running down your face like a 7 year old who just got a puppy.

at least, thats how my history with FFG and new releases seems to go (see: Rogue Trader)

Fizzywig, a beautiful picture, I say :) .

But no, I wil not buy the game in the store. I will do it by the net. The Warsaw Games Store is quite expensive, the net selling places are more convinient (they deliver the purchase at the door, the next day after the payment process), and a bit cheaper. So instead of visiting the store, I will look at the front page of the net shop I like, and wait (in)patiently ;) .

Ahh, i generally buy at game stores to support my local buisnesses, but to each their own. and thank you.

Oh, that's very wise and generous of you. If in my village wolud be such a store, I would support it for sure :) . Alas, there is not. On the other hand, should it be, my wallet would be much thinner...

1st Space Hulk, Now this! Ugh! My Poor Wallet! LOL

I wish I had a local game store, too....

Anyway, I'm buying this simply because it's 2 player and I need a 2 player game. I'm also going to start reading the novels in anticipation of this game!