Creating own character standups?

By Candacis, in WFRP House Rules

Hi,

I was wondering, if anyone tried to create own character stands. In the coreset is not much to choose and I miss a good dwarf picture.

The character standups are almost exactly the same as the ones used in Arkham Horror (the only difference is the decorative bar at the bottom, in AH it resembles an iron-wrought fence). Therefore, creating them is just a matter of finding some appropriate art and putting it on custom Arkham standups which you may create with Strange Eons, *the* AH customization tool.

Here's an example (ready for printing in 300 dpi):

dwarf1.png

Ah, thanks for the help. Any Chance to recreate the decorative bar from Warhammer? The fence looks great, too, I think.

I'll probably get to it during my Christmas break from work. I'm going to try creating a WFRP plugin for Strange Eons, giving the custom cards and bits proper backgrounds and layout.

That is great news Ferozstein! I would have done it myself by now, but I tried making only slight adjustments to the Arkham Cards and after hours of work, I ended up with nothing. Of course, that's all because I have no programming skills nor any clue where to even begin learning all the ins and outs of what I was doing. I read the tutorials, but I was lost.

Reason I'm posting though, I was trying to make a Dark Ages Arkham board and wanted to change the font for all the cards. I was directed to the Arkham Modern Plug-in to change the type face. With the type face posted on these boards you could theoretically add in boons and banes and successes etc via that type face if you changed the cards to make them work.

However, it would be nifty if on the action card body text you had seperate down boxes for Boon effects, Bane effects, comets, sort of like the varying locations work on the location decks. So the text would enter the boon symbol and the bane symbol, then the information.

Also if you do go through with it the action cards will need a difficulty down box as well. I'm apparently full of ideas and I would be more than willing to help you plan and figure out how the interfaces should work, I just don't have the skills to actually do it myself. Any help outside of the actual programming, let me know.

Thanks! Keep in mind, I'm no IT professional either - I have some programming experience, but neither with Java nor JavaScript. All I can promise is to seriously try and work out how the thing works, and then create WFRP templates. I'll give it my best, though, as I happen to really enjoy such dabbling. I'll probably consult the layout either here or on the StS forums, so if you would like to help, feel free to comment :)

this is really a good idea. I try too, two head think better than one. :)