Whats Your Username Orgin Story?

By clontroper5, in Star Wars: Armada Off-Topic

If anyone's played KOTOR 1 or 2 you'll know ;)

5 hours ago, EbonHawk said:

If anyone's played KOTOR 1 or 2 you'll know ;)

I know :P

Even when it seems obvious where my nick is coming from, it is not this easy :) .

I was in an Everquest guild (right at the begin from Everquest around 2000). And the leaders name of my first guild, and my mentor, was Tokar. When i switched to the Euro server, i made a new character named Tokra as homage to him.

It was more or less fitting, that i do like as well the serie SG1. But the real reason for it was the homage.

I mean, do I have to explain mine? I prefer Imperial playstyle (though I'm not one of the Reddit Imperial apologists), and I didn't feel like antagonizing the mouse, so here we are

1. I needed an internet handle.

2. I have no imagination.

YOU GET NECROMANCY!!

3 minutes ago, clontroper5 said:

YOU GET NECROMANCY!!

This thread isn't the ONLY thing back from the dead (of inactivity)!

Welcome back Clon. Hard to believe it's been plural years already.

19 minutes ago, BrobaFett said:

This thread isn't the ONLY thing back from the dead (of inactivity)!

Welcome back Clon. Hard to believe it's been plural years already.

for sure! until I remember that when i left there was only 2 waves of armada....

Just now, clontroper5 said:

for sure! until I remember that when i left there was only 2 waves of armada....

I think most people would be shocked we were still only at wave 7. I'm sure you feel like it's been a long time, for the rest of us tapping our feet at the release schedule it feels like you hardly missed a beat!

Jabberwocky <-> Jabbawookie.

The mental image of a Hutt-Wookie hybrid serves as a punishment for the ignorant.

710.jpg

I just really like big robotic tyrants that turn into guns.

1 hour ago, The Jabbawookie said:

Jabberwocky <-> Jabbawookie.

The mental image of a Hutt-Wookie hybrid serves as a punishment for the ignorant.

That particular mental image confused my man parts. Thank you.

Captain in the US Army, which some people have mistaken for a Navy Captain (three ranks higher, equivalent to a Colonel in the Army). Just gave myself a promotion on the Navy track to fit better into Armada. And I'm not creative.

Admiral Calkins,

First, from a former soldier, thank you for your service to our great nation. Make that a salute. I was just a segeant....aka private e-5. :D

I remember when I was in NJROTC back in '86, I had said to my Naval Science Instructor that a Captain in the Navy was the equivalent of a Colonel in the Army. With a grin, he replied: "You have that backwards. A Colonel in the Army is the equivalent of a Captain in the Navy." Quietly disbelieving, I simply saluted and said "Aye, sir."

But we know the truth, eh? :D

It’s just parts of my name along with the number of a bus I used to see a lot when I was a kid. I didn’t even get the 141, I just preferred it.

@ovinomanc3r is the only other poster I’ve seen on the FFG forums with the same avatar also. And that’s because when I created this account I was with a (long gone) ex who used to be really into sheep.

Bertie Wooster is the protagonist in the "Jeeves and Wooster" book series by P.G. Wodehouse. Wodehouse is my favorite fiction author.

1 hour ago, Sbloom141 said:

@ovinomanc3r is the only other poster I’ve seen on the FFG forums with the same avatar also.

Yep, I always wonder when I ever write that before I realize I didn't after reading one of your post. It takes a whole minute. ?

20 minutes ago, Bertie Wooster said:

Bertie Wooster is the protagonist in the "Jeeves and Wooster" book series by P.G. Wodehouse. Wodehouse is my favorite fiction author.

Oh come now, protagonist?

Bertie is more the victim...

But I agree about Wodehouse - he is my favourite humourist.

1 hour ago, LTD said:

Oh come now, protagonist?

Bertie is more the victim...

But I agree about Wodehouse - he is my favourite humourist.

If not actually being the hapless protagonist, he is far from being a hapful protagonist.

I've been playing Thrawn's Revenge Imperial Civil War a lot lately, and one of the factions I enjoy playing is Zsinj's Empire. According to Wookieepedia, "With his portly figure and piratical moustache, he put his enemies off guard before he destroyed them". I thought it was a funny phrase, so I decided to use it when I signed up for these forums. I am a little upset that I can't use a picture of Zsinj to complete the joke.

Edited by Piratical Moustache
Editing text on the phone is irritating.
51 minutes ago, Piratical Moustache said:

I've been playing Thrawn's Revenge Imperial Civil War a lot lately, and one of the factions I enjoy playing is Zsinj's Empire. According to Wookieepedia, "With his portly figure and piratical moustache, he put his enemies off guard before he destroyed them". I thought it was a funny phrase, so I decided to use it when I signed up for these forums. I am a little upset that I can't use a picture of Zsinj to complete the joke.

I got ya.

im4dFH4f_400x400.jpg

Because it’s two qualities I lack! I have no herr, and I have no style ?

It's a homonym of the biblical book, chapter, verse.

Old username of mine which I've never thought of a better alternative for...

2 hours ago, axe238 said:

It's a homonym of the biblical book, chapter, verse.

Acts 2:38 or acts 23:8?