have they given up..........

By rulemonkey, in UFS General Discussion

Postman197865 said:

Antigoth, I am not suggesting that you stop posting because I appreciate your incite, don't get me wrong. It's just that you aren't FFG. I'm not trying to say that you are not good enough. But, we do need to here from the company every now and then.

Please don't leave us :)

Sadly, we won't get an FFG Staffer on the forum. There is no FFG game, no matter how much money it makes, with a dedicated staffer on the forums. However if you personally have a question - email/ phone / use the contact link at the bottom of forum to contact FFG directly. They will then respond to you directly.

They're really good like that. So while it's not direct forum communication, it's still direct communication with the players.

guitalex2008 said:

OR, you know, that they didn't plan on rotation happening, leaving the game without sets from each of its licenses and had SCIV and Tekken lined up for the rest of the year since SC hadn't had a set in the entire last block.

Which is, you know, what actually happened. So you can stop wondering and crying wolf and all.

dshaffer said:

guitalex2008 said:

OR, you know, that they didn't plan on rotation happening, leaving the game without sets from each of its licenses and had SCIV and Tekken lined up for the rest of the year since SC hadn't had a set in the entire last block.

Which is, you know, what actually happened. So you can stop wondering and crying wolf and all.

NEVERMIND the constant complaints when they WERE publishing 'Yet another' Streef Fighter' release, which is what lead to a hiatus on Street Fighter packs for a while, which is where the early rotation hit things.

FFG can't win with this crowd, huh...

Eh, I say who cares? MOST of us were here to witness FFG flat-out tell us "it's going to be a long time before we ever see Street Fighter again, and that is due to majority consensus that Street Fighter is saturating our game." How many days did we see, "we don't need 10 Chun-Lis and 9 unplayable Ryus"? All the time!

Also, while a lot of people are now chiming-in with "well now that Hata's the designer, it'd be nice to finally see a competitive *Street Fighter character*", um...

can't the same be said about any franchise, ESPECIALLY Soul Calibur? Personally, I feel Soul Cal had a longer line of amazing SUPPORT, not so much amazing characters. I'm no Mitsurugi fan, but I sure am glad to finally see a Mitsurugi that makes a significant impact on the metagame. Or how about the return of everybody's favorite Air posterboy: Yun-Seong?

"Everybody's a critic" is the simplest way to describe this, and once again, the only topics that my ****** bleeds over are ones that I feel receive critical attention (such as the fact that Path of the Master has not yet been banned), but even though my wish has not yet been granted, the game is otherwise completely and totally where it's at.

Yes, we'd all love to see our favorite characters once again, but you just have to learn to be patient, or play Legacy (ever think of that?). I mean, when you think about it, UFS started off with only Street Fighter and Soul Calibur (and to a lesser extent Penny Arcade), so consider this new game to have started off with Soul Calibur and Tekken (and to a lesser extent, ShadoWar).

See? Things start looking better yes?

MarcoPulleaux said:

Yes, we'd all love to see our favorite characters once again, but you just have to learn to be patient, or play Legacy (ever think of that?). I mean, when you think about it, UFS started off with only Street Fighter and Soul Calibur (and to a lesser extent Penny Arcade), so consider this new game to have started off with Soul Calibur and Tekken (and to a lesser extent, ShadoWar).

Not really - I wouldn't have gotten into the game if that was actually the case. Okay, it helped that the first SF set had Zangief and Sagat, no matter how "unplayable" (because Sagat certainly was).

Also, screw Legacy.

Homme Chapeau said:

Not really - I wouldn't have gotten into the game if that was actually the case. Okay, it helped that the first SF set had Zangief and Sagat, no matter how "unplayable" (because Sagat certainly was).

Woah... wait... Sagat was unplayable?

Did I miss a memo somewhere?

Because I seem to remember Sagat kicking some ass all over the place. (Hell, I remember Josh throwing a fit when I showed up with M Bison, because aparantly I built it just to beat his Sagat.)

Antigoth said:

Homme Chapeau said:

Woah... wait... Sagat was unplayable?

Did I miss a memo somewhere?

Because I seem to remember Sagat kicking some ass all over the place. (Hell, I remember Josh throwing a fit when I showed up with M Bison, because aparantly I built it just to beat his Sagat.)

I meant Sagat was playable. Zangief wasn't. Video editing make me not write gud.

MarcoPulleaux said:

Someone on here a few months back came up with a very simple, very entertaining idea they called Old Dog, New Tricks: simply play your favorite - and un-banned - characters, but play them with our current Standard support cards.

Brilliant, imo!

RockStar said:

Someone on here a few months back came up with a very simple, very entertaining idea they called Old Dog, New Tricks: simply play your favorite - and un-banned - characters, but play them with our current Standard support cards.

Brilliant, imo!

I do not want to see: (here comes a list)
- Any Ibuki
- Any Yun Seong except UR
- promo Ukyo
- promo Adon
- promo Nakoruru
- Nicholas the Saint (although without Revitalize/Replenishment he would be a lot better)
- UR Dhalsim
- Tycho
- promo Talim
- promo Cassandra
- promo Xianghua (ESPECIALLY with her new support)
- Hugo
- promo Zi Mei
- promo Mina (even though I <3 her)
- promo Cody

I suppose for a special event, this would be different... but this meta has no room for 8 hand size characters with more vitality than a 7 hand size character, or a 7 hand size character with vitality comparable to a 6HS character. With the control of Nakoruru alone, she makes Death/Good/Life stupid. Nakoruru with Yi Shan support is not cool. Neither is promo Talim with Menuett Dance or promo Adon with Unrefined, or Hugo with The Ultimate Team and Ancient Fighting Style.

INTERESTING, don't get me wrong, but hell no I wouldn't play in it.

guitalex2008 said:

Nakoruru with Yi Shan support is not cool

Yi Shan would be top-tier if he could have his promo version back.

So obviously if your goin 2 do this then you want to ban certain characters that are overpowered or are an NPE

There is alot of fun to be had in said format but im sure we could find was to abuse it as well

Da_ghetto_gamer said:

So obviously if your goin 2 do this then you want to ban certain characters that are overpowered or are an NPE

There is alot of fun to be had in said format but im sure we could find was to abuse it as well

As far as Legacy is concerned, Emptiness King gave us conniptions.

Homme Chapeau said:

Da_ghetto_gamer said:

As far as Legacy is concerned, Emptiness King gave us conniptions.

Well if everyone is still using only legacy characters then there isnt any worries about that

But that does sound painful im glad noone in my playgroup has a playset or anything close except for me :) (at least i dont think)

Da_ghetto_gamer said:

But that does sound painful im glad noone in my playgroup has a playset or anything close except for me :) (at least i dont think)

seriously we were thinking about Legacy and I just blurted out "Emptiness King" - That instantly turned us off the prospect.

Homme Chapeau said:

Da_ghetto_gamer said:

seriously we were thinking about Legacy and I just blurted out "Emptiness King" - That instantly turned us off the prospect.

Dude... you've seriously got to stop getting me excited like that.

There is so much wacky fun Legacy right now...

Antigoth said:

Homme Chapeau said:

Da_ghetto_gamer said:

Dude... you've seriously got to stop getting me excited like that.

There is so much wacky fun Legacy right now...

I'll probably still build it though. I mean, I have my playset of Emptiness somewhere around here and King.

guitalex2008 said:

RockStar said:

Brilliant, imo!

No.

- Any Ibuki
- promo Ukyo
- promo Adon
- promo Nakoruru
- Nicholas the Saint (although without Revitalize/Replenishment he would be a lot better)
- UR Dhalsim
- Tycho
- promo Talim
- promo Cassandra
- Hugo
- promo Zi Mei
- promo Cody

I suppose for a special event, this would be different... but this meta has no room for 8 hand size characters with more vitality than a 7 hand size character, or a 7 hand size character with vitality comparable to a 6HS character. With the control of Nakoruru alone, she makes Death/Good/Life stupid. Nakoruru with Yi Shan support is not cool. Neither is promo Talim with Menuett Dance or promo Adon with Unrefined, or Hugo with The Ultimate Team and Ancient Fighting Style.

You forgot starter Akuma from Domination.

The idea was suggested here but got shouted down - there's some character cards whose faces we never want to see again.

Pity, 'cause I like Makoto with Block 4 support...

Nekuro said:

guitalex2008 said:

RockStar said:

Brilliant, imo!

No.

- Any Ibuki
- promo Ukyo
- promo Adon
- promo Nakoruru
- UR Dhalsim
- Tycho
- promo Talim
- promo Cassandra
- Hugo
- promo Zi Mei
- promo Cody

You forgot starter Akuma from Domination.

The idea was suggested here but got shouted down - there's some character cards whose faces we never want to see again.

Pity, 'cause I like Makoto with Block 4 support...

Seriously just ban all the bad ones....i mean yeah the ban list might be like 4 pages long but hey when its all said and down wont be 2 bad after that

JDub said:

Everyone should go take a look at the Kingdom Hearts boards. They are complaining about the same things. They have no clue if the game will continue or not and they have got no official answer from anyone at FFG for months. They have no OP or any kind of prize support. Seems like a trend here.Although they obviously have it worse.

http://new.fantasyflightgames.com/edge_foros_discusion.asp?efid=90&efcid=5&efidt=230403
http://new.fantasyflightgames.com/edge_foros_discusion.asp?efid=90&efcid=5&efidt=248064
http://new.fantasyflightgames.com/edge_foros_discusion.asp?efid=90&efcid=5&efidt=170559&efpag=0

And the last time I played a CCG and people thought the game was on the verge of dying and questioned if it was going to continue or not it was canceled out of the blue like 2 or 3 months latter. Despite the people saying "hey everything is fine stop with the Judgement Day threads". Well they were wrong.

I hate it when I'm right.

sadly, now we can aswer to the OP with a big Yes?

JDub said:

It's too bad it didn't matter though.

Homme Chapeau said:

JDub said:

To bad I don't care what you think.

I just thought it was funny that EVERYTHING I said was 100% true.

JDub said:

Homme Chapeau said:

JDub said:

To bad I don't care what you think.

This is something I'm never gonna get. This whole : "I don't care what you think." movement. At one point, you decided to let me know that you didn't care what I thought, giving an infinitesimal **** about my person to inform me that you didn't care about my musings.

Wouldn't it be more efficient to just... not post?