Card sleeves

By PGCaedus87, in General Discussion

I know that on the back of every box, FFG has a recommended number of sleeve packs to purchase to protect all the contents in each box. However, they do say that you may have leftover sleeves because the number isn't exact, it's just rounded up so you are guaranteed to cover everything. I happen to have the core game and all expansions currently available. But I know that if I purchase all the cars sleeve packs on the back of all the boxes I will have quite a few leftovers. I was just hoping someone who has covered all their eldritch collection could tell roughly how many packs of each size they had to use so that I could purchase that quantity and limit my excess sleeve amount. Thank you and keep up the good fight against the AO's.

If you spend a couple of minutes by looking at the different game pages on BGG, you'll find the card count. For instance, EH core needs 189 standard american and 114 mini american sleeves. Sum up all the cards, and you should have the total needed (it's just a good method for general refence; then, it could happen that someone posting here has already the totals you need)

Thanks Julia! :) I'll go check it out. If I want to be super sure, I could just get out my game and hand count them all :)

I got out all my boxes and looked at their selected number of sleeve packs per box and then tallied up all the cards in the contents section of each box and made this list. Enjoy.

Total Sleeves for Eldritch Horror

Core: 4 green 3 yellow

FL: 4 green 2 yellow

MoM: 5 green 3 yellow

SR: 3 green 2 yellow

UtP: 4 green 2 yellow

Total sleeves: 20pk green 12pk yellow

50sleeves/pack

Core cards- Large:189 Small:114

MoM cards- Large:210 Small:114

UtP cards- Large:200 Small:95

FL cards- Large:168 Small:76

SR cards- Large:126 Small:76

Total- Large:893 Small:475

Actual sleeves needed-

Green - 18pk Yellow - 10pk

Not exactly related, but I invested in card sleeves for EH after seeing how flimsy the cards were in comparison to AH. I like the game better TBH, but the cards are pretty thin. All my friends think I'm insane for spending my time protecting the cards but after a few games see that it's a good investment.

Do you folks have sleeves you use for investigators and AOs, and more importantly for monsters? My AH monster tokens are battered from using my monster cup.

Here are my homemade solutions...would like better ones.

For EH Monster tokens...cut one of the American mini sleeves in half, slip a monster token in there. Sort of works. Have been looking for dollar coin sleeves which would be better, but no one up here in Canada seems to have them handy.

For investigator/AO sheets...cut a standard comic book bag in half, slip the sheet inside.

I don't have problems with AH investigator/AO sheets, as the stock they use is way better.

Have you checked the post office for coin sleeves? I think they would have them.

Presumably though leftovers isn't bad as there will likely be further expansions down the line. I did similar for Imperial Assault and ended up with just enough sleeves to cover all those individual figure expansions, and a few spare for the next ones. :D I buy more with the big expansions.

Have you checked the post office for coin sleeves? I think they would have them.

Hey yes I tried (see my original post) but no luck up here.

Really? Surprising. Um, oh, check a dollar stor

Really? Surprising. Maybe a dollar store? Or anywhere you would get collectible coins, (aside from the post office I have no idea where that would be)

Depending on where you live, there may be some numismatic stores around.

Otherwise, there's always the internet obvious.

Edited by tsuma534

For AOs and Investigators: I laminated them

For monsters: I use mini american sleeves. I insert the chit in the sleeve, fold the sleeve on the back of the chit, making sure air goes out, and then seal the sleeve with some transparent tape. All the info is readable and the chit will last for eternity

(...) and the chit will last for eternity

I wonder what theories will future archaeologists have about these strange objects. :-)

(...) and the chit will last for eternity

I wonder what theories will future archaeologists have about these strange objects. :-)

Yeah, these would indeed be some strange remnants

For AOs and Investigators: I laminated them

I used 4"x6" sleeves and trimmed an inch off (with a small paper trimmer) of them to make them 4"x5".