Galaxy map?

By robus, in The Force Awakens Beginner Game

So I suppose with the First Jedi Temple being on Ahch-To in the Unknown Regions they kind of dropped the whole Tython/Je'daii history?

So I suppose with the First Jedi Temple being on Ahch-To in the Unknown Regions they kind of dropped the whole Tython/Je'daii history?

Well the whole Je'daii history is covered in Nexus of Power, but its presented as a legendary story.

no one is sure if Tython is real or just a myth.

and some say the planet that Satele found was just some world with old ruins on it.

So all and all if Tython and the Je'deii were real are up to you for your game.

Edited by tenchi2a

Or Tython stays the je'daii origin, but the knights of the republic build their first temple there 20,000 years or so ago. Tython is iirc tens of thousands years in the past to that point. Though might be wrong here, ancient jedi history is clearly not my strong point of the lore. :D

Well the whole Je'daii history is covered in Nexus of Power, but its presented as a legendary story.

no one is sure if Tython is real or just a myth.

I returned to the Force and Destiny Core Rulebook and found basically the same thing to be true. They essentially say that the history of the early Jedi is very muddled and often forgotten or lost to time or something like that. We'll see if Episode VIII feels the same way... hahaha!

It's a means for FFG to sidestep the question if their game is solely in Canon or Legends by being both. They can consolidate and present information from decades of the EU along with new canon material in tandem for players and game masters.

It's a means for FFG to sidestep the question if their game is solely in Canon or Legends by being both. They can consolidate and present information from decades of the EU along with new canon material in tandem for players and game masters.

I think that was a very wise move on FFG's part. Plus, more pretty pictures! :D

The map I synthesized by overlaying the one from TFA Visual Dictionary on one I found on Google:

xe5fXiV.png

Also, I drafted this folio for Takodana. I am receptive to suggestions/feedback to improve it.

5vw0xgO.png

An interesting thing I discusse with my GM re. Tython and Ahch-To, namely that whilst the Je'daii Order was still on Tython, after the schism and the formation of the Jedi Order proper, the fledgling Jedi went to a new planet because of all the history and beliefs tied to Tython (the two moons, the fact Tython had to be very balanced in the Force, etc...)

But with Tom Baker's new character from Rebels, it looks they may be changing the history of the Bendu, which would have affected the Je'daii Order as they were formed from the Order of Dai Bendu and other Force-Sensitive traditions. Who knows anymore.