necron regeneration query.

By Professor Tanhauser, in Deathwatch Rules Questions

I just bought a new copy of Outer Reach for DW and now have a question. On pg 118 and 119 the rules for necron regeneration are given but with 2 different difficulty values to role against. May I know the correct one?

I just bought a new copy of Outer Reach for DW and now have a question. On pg 118 and 119 the rules for necron regeneration are given but with 2 different difficulty values to role against. May I know the correct one?

IIRC

Regen on 118 is for if it's hoards and the regen is based on its magnitude whereby most of them will slowly get back up and regain number.

Page 119 is if it is for individual Necrons such as lords etc.

Edited by Calgor Grim

Uh, sorry but no. On pg 118 it says that a horde makes a roll at -20. Next page says that individuals and hordes roll at a mod of 0.

Also does having negative hits affect regeneration chances? Can you continue to attack a downed necron trying to regen to inflict more damage on it to make it harder to regen?

I didn't have the full book on hand at the time, be nice!

On reading both, unless it exists anywhere, I'd play it that 118 actually seems to refer to the generic idea of hordes with regeneration such as certain nid or daemonic strains since until the second paragraph, it never mentions Necrons in the slightest and only then goes into an example on it which leads me to suspect it is a general rule. I haven't however, found anything in the current DW books which explains this anywhere else though. It is however a terrible example which if that were the case didn't properly take the next page into account.

119 I'd have guessed refers to the specific rules of necrons and their reanimation protocols. Specific beats general and would say they get the -20.

At least that's my revised opinion.

Edited by Calgor Grim