financial troubles....

By rulemonkey, in UFS General Discussion

Hayamachop said:

If drawing two cards had a chance of commiting your entire staging area noone would even play it.

Yoshimitsu's E has a chance of committing his entire staging area. Doesn't mean everyone's running Soul Waves.

I fail to see how that's a bad thing.

guitalex2008 said:

Yoshimitsu's E has a chance of committing his entire staging area. Doesn't mean everyone's running Soul Waves.

For some strange reason I want to rebuild Yi Shan so I can burn Yoshi as he burns me.

Rulemonkey... dead for 1k years is still better than nothing imo, Earth has the tools to go for late game and still win, ka technique, memories of a nightmare man behind mask etc so dead for 1k will not slow you down too much..

Homme Chapeau said:

guitalex2008 said:

For some strange reason I want to rebuild Yi Shan so I can burn Yoshi as he burns me.

A Life Yi Shan isn't quite out of the question anymore. Don't get me wrong, I still wouldn't touch Yi Shan, not until he gets more support, a stacker, etc. However, now 'Shan can really push through those Lunging Brush Fires to get you quick face-up momentum. He also has a ridiculous amount of new stuff, like Jyurakudai, Needs a Challenge, Full Moon Disembowel, Quick Exit, etc.

MarcoPulleaux said:

A Life Yi Shan isn't quite out of the question anymore. Don't get me wrong, I still wouldn't touch Yi Shan, not until he gets more support, a stacker, etc. However, now 'Shan can really push through those Lunging Brush Fires to get you quick face-up momentum. He also has a ridiculous amount of new stuff, like Jyurakudai, Needs a Challenge, Full Moon Disembowel, Quick Exit, etc.

Yi Shan is an environmental activist.

Reduce (damage via Iron Body Technique)

Reuse (attacks via face-up momentum)

Recycle (attacks via Pendant of the Western Paradise)

rulemonkey said:

the problem is that it only buys me a turn and i have to blow it up limiting my set up to kill them

Face it, you either die on that turn or survive to play another turn. Easy choice there, Scott. And blowing up just one foundation wouldn't limit your kill turn setup to the point where it's impossible.

At any rate, Dead for 1k Years is still better than nothing. It's the answer to what you want to deal with: Multiple copies of Financial Troubles.

btw Scott, will you be at The Game Parlor on Jan 9th?

Shaneth said:

rulemonkey said:

the problem is that it only buys me a turn and i have to blow it up limiting my set up to kill them

It buys you a turn, yes, and that turn can be all that is needed. In this game, I have never heard the following phrase so much in my CCG days: "If I just had one more turn..."

Face it, you either die on that turn or survive to play another turn. Easy choice there, Scott. And blowing up just one foundation wouldn't limit your kill turn setup to the point where it's impossible.

At any rate, Dead for 1k Years is still better than nothing. It's the answer to what you want to deal with: Multiple copies of Financial Troubles.

btw Scott, will you be at The Game Parlor on Jan 9th?

I already play dead for one thousand years. Maybe i just have crappy luck but most people i play against have two troubles on turn two and im not up to killing turn three.

As for January 9th ill be there rocking kilik most likely.

Yeah, I remember you telling me about Kilik awhile back.

I'll see you there, buddy.

Im testing him now. Hopefully he will work out