Cataclysm queries

By The Hunter, in Talisman Rules Questions

Spiteful lil guy aren't you? Not my fault half the nonsense you write is a jumbled mess bro. Take a pill.

Additionally your idea on the boatman and reaper is probably wrong. I'd actually say no boatman, so no ride across the river, but that might make too much sense.

Well given how you act when posting and how you treat others, your second sentence speaks volumes to this end "but that might make too much sense" please, the pill popping is all up to you "in fact take 2" :) .

Spiteful lil guy aren't you? Not my fault half the nonsense you write is a jumbled mess bro. Take a pill.

Additionally your idea on the boatman and reaper is probably wrong. I'd actually say no boatman, so no ride across the river, but that might make too much sense.

Probably correct you mean...

Ok now in Cataclysm there is no "boatman" result on the tavern space but the Reaper is not a character and does not encounter spaces anyway so characters can't move as they did before (unless they draw the boatman denizen card) but of course the Reaper is special. So just because characters can't does not mean the Reaper can't.

The logic of this sentence escapes me...

Ok now in Cataclysm there is no "boatman" result on the tavern space but the Reaper is not a character and does not encounter spaces anyway so characters can't move as they did before (unless they draw the boatman denizen card) but of course the Reaper is special. So just because characters can't does not mean the Reaper can't.

The logic of this sentence escapes me...

Your getting fixated on "because there is no boatman the Reaper can't do it" where as if there is no boatman a character can't do it. But the Reaper can because of the exception.

Edited by Uvatha

The alternative ending where the denizens become NPCs and try to reach the plain of peril states they can only cross at the sentinel. Would more support the no boatman, so no river crossing, no river crossing for npcs.

Edited by Joker2016

Uvatha by your ill logic the reaper could move across the river anywhere he wanted. What's so special about the spot between the tavern and temple if there's no ferryman? Is it super shallow after the apocalypse in your mind or something?

The alternative ending where the denizens become NPCs and try to reach the plain of peril states they can only cross at the sentinel. Would more support the no boatman, so no river crossing, no river crossing for npcs.

I gather you are referring to Cult of the Damned if you read its text It never says they move as characters, instead it says they do cross the sentinel and the POP and move equal to how many players in the game. So that's a different card and different rule.

Uvatha by your ill logic the reaper could move across the river anywhere he wanted. What's so special about the spot between the tavern and temple if there's no ferryman? Is it super shallow after the apocalypse in your mind or something?

Whats special is it says so in the Reaper rules (also not in the cataclysm rules as I mentioned before). I don't make the rules, maybe you should write a letter or email to FFG and ask them? Ask them to explain their "Ill logic" as you put it. Hehehe maybe it is super shallow or maybe the Reaper can part the storm river or just walk through it.. It does not need "common sense" in Talisman its fantasy.

Ok I understand your point now. Not necessarily agree but I see where you're coming from.

Edited by Bludgeon

Uvatha by your ill logic the reaper could move across the river anywhere he wanted.

No, by his logic it coulnd't. Stop being rude.

Just been reading this discussion and thought i'd put in my tuppence worth about the reaper and the temple / tavern crossing in catacyslm

without looking at the cataclysm adventure cards. the boatman adventure card from the rest of the game states its an event not a stranger....

... The boatman offers to ferry you across the Storm River on your next turn if you pay 1 gold. This works exactly like a raft. The Boatman then drifts off to the discard pile.

Putting aside the whole discussion about what happens if the card disappears after your paid your gold but before your next turn, the longest The Boatman will stick around for is the length of time for the turn to move back to the person who drew The Boatman card, i.e. 1 round of player turns, before he disappears to the discard pile.

And thats ignoring the fact the reaper may be on the other side of the river to where the card was drawn. The argument there could read that The Boatman will still ferry him across but its still only one round of player turns he'll do it.

Out of curiosity, is there a boatman / ferryman in the cataclysm cards? I've only seen one copy of The Boatman adventure card in the adventure deck without cataclysm cards.