Font for dice symbols

By froo, in Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay

I've just been working on getting the puzzle fit pieces into the font so that they all line up and you have all the variations to choose from.

Its not 100% ready yet, but just letting everyone know its coming (its 2am and I'm tired, so it'll be a little while)

Happy Gaming!

commoner said:

*snip*

I had a look at it and I haven't done any Java coding since uni, so I wouldn't be the best person for the job... but I have been giving it all a look over in what little spare time I have, trust me gran_risa.gif

I've updated the zip file (sorry for the delay, I've been busy), it now includes symbols so that you can puzzle fit pieces into your scenarios without leaving the font.

I've also renamed the package to a generic WFRP-symbols.zip as it no longer contains just dice symbols (and so I can add in more in the future if needed) so enjoy.

You can grab the new file from here.

Happy Gaming!

- froo

I got them working! Thanks mate!

Another thing - do you mind me using these for the Portrait Character Sheet I'm making?

Not at all - its there for the community to pump out great content so that we can all get more enjoyment out of this game!

I'm still having issues with getting these to work on my Mac. I can get most of them to work (they're mapped different from the txt file) but some are just plain missing (Challenge, Success and Righteous Success). Anybody else having this problem?

Are you using the osx font tool or suitcase?

All of the symbols appear in the Font Book, however, it won't work within the Apple word processor program "Pages". It does work within photoshop and illustrator, but again, some of the symbols will not type. For instance; righteous success is mapped as "Æ" to the keyboard when copy/pasted, but does not display. Its rather annoying to tell you the truth. sorpresa.gif gui%C3%B1o.gif

I was thinking that if someone can convert these fonts to a vector format, it would make them completely open.

Very useful indeed, good work!

Franbo

Somehow it was one of the original files for PC that works for me. In photoshop. I haven't even tried them elsewhere. The "font for mac" doesn't do anything. :D

Nice font, Froo.

However, i'm getting all kinds of errors when trying to print my documents, or convert them into PDF format. I'm using Office Word 7 and the latest Adobe Acrobat- neither of which likes this font.

Am I missing a step?

Has ANYONE tried to print a document that uses this dice font?

Worked for me with Word 2007.

Worked fine with MS Publisher 2003 for what it's worth. I used it for a custom monsters sheet and it came out great. I "installed" the font by copying it to Windows\fonts - I forget whether there's a more user-friendly method.

Yeah there is definitly an issue going on tried to make a pdf and I got this error

%%[ ProductName: Distiller ]%%
%%[ Error: undefined; OffendingCommand: Comet ]%%

Stack:
/Sigmar's
/Righteous

%%[ Flushing: rest of job (to end-of-file) will be ignored ]%%
%%[ Warning: PostScript error. No PDF file produced. ] %%

Using Word 2007 and Acrobat Writer 9

Seems to only happen when I wanted to print to file.. it saved as a pdf just fine however.. but than I noticed it only shows the hammers, it;s really screwed up.

I just re-installed the latest version:

Document is Word 2007. Printing the document always stops and I get the following error on paper:

ERROR: undefined
OFFENDING COMMAND: Puzzle

Any ideas?

By the way, I installed the font by using the Control Panel App "Fonts".

EDIT: just tried to print the font with Word Pad. Still can't print ANY of the symbols.

I'm running Windows Vista 64-bit. I just dropped the file in the Fonts folder which is in the Windows folder. I didn't "install" the font, but it was there and I was able to use it and print with Word 2007.

Unfortunately I cannot get my pdf converter to use the dice symbols on the conversion over, so my adventures and cards will not have these on them.

I haven't had any problems so far. If you look at the gm aid I created, the symbols printed fine.

I am on a Mac, using Word 2008. I can print directly from the document, or I can print to pdf and both produce the symbols quite nicely.

I'm jealous. Perhaps I can email you the word 2003 doc that I have when done and you can distil it for me cool.gif

Hedge,

Is the font mapped to the keys that are described in the readme file? I've had to hunt for each specific keystroke in order to find them and I'm still missing the RIghteous success and the Misfortune symbol. btw, Mac running OS 10.6.2, Adobe CS4, MS Office, and iWork. still no luck... sorpresa.gif llorando.gif

I also had a problem when creating PDF files, on Windows, so I fixed the font using FontForge :
- the new version does not generate errors when creatings PDFs (tested on Windows 7, Word 2007, PDF Creator)
- I added another mapping for all symbols for easy finding (letters A to P)
- the d8 and d10 symbols have been replaced with symbols pasted from the official PDFs
- I removed the success symbol from all the default characters, now it only has 2 mappings
- I changed the size of the puzzle pieces, and modified them a little so that they fit better together.

Here is the download link to the new WFRP3 Symbol Font .

Please test it on Mac and report the result here.

Works like a charm in Illustrator CS4. I'll go through it later with Photoshop, Indesign and iWork later and report back. THANK YOU! gran_risa.gif aplauso.gif