Font for dice symbols

By froo, in Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay

Ok, so I've made up a font for dice symbols so that I can create new actions/scenarios etc.

I'm curious if I'm allowed to post it or not for the community?

Can someone from FFG comment on this? If so, is there some disclaimer I need to add into the zip saying that I don't intend to infringe on GW or FFG's respective trademarks and that it is fan made content?

EDIT - update, you can get the font from here.

It not includes additional things like puzzle fit pieces.

Yeah. I'd love to use this, and would be interested to hear if it would be ok, too.

Yeah I've got all the appropriate symbols in the font now, deleting all the unneeded stuff (can just copy/paste with charmap if needed)

Would love to make this available for everyone so we can start seeing some great fan stuff, just don't want to step on any toes is all :)

Well done: ya beat me to it!

I was soooo close!

Well I'm currently just playing around with it right now to make it good.

Currently it's got the arial font as part of it so that one could write a scenario and not break stride by embedding symbols where they need too.

But the whole thing is moot if I'm not allowed to post it lengua.gif

Yeah I was trying to extract WarHAm bold... argh what a hassle..

Well, I could always just package several font types into a single zip.

It is most interesting that the Friz Quadrata Bold is like the Warhammer font, with some mild changes. Those changes shouldn't be too difficult to put into effect.

EDIT - and I've put together one based off caslon antique aswell, I'll add it into the zip file.

I sent you a message Froo. Here's the standard fan disclaimer I've been using:

This is a FAN MADE resource for Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay

Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay © Games Workshop Limited 1986, 2005. This edition © Games Workshop Limited 2009. Games Workshop, Warhammer, Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay, the foregoing marks' respective logos and all associated marks, logos, places, names, creatures, races and race insignia/devices/logos/symbols, vehicles, locations, weapons, units and unit insignia, characters, products and illustrations from the Warhammer World and Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay game setting are either ®, ™ and/or © Games Workshop Ltd 1986-2009, variably registered in the UK and other countries around the world. This edition published under license to Fantasy Flight Publishing Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are trademarks of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. All Rights Reserved to their respective owners. Posted with permission of Fantasy Flight Games.

I use Dominican for my WFRP font. I like it.

In the old edition, Caslon Antique was popular, but somewhat hard to read.,

jh

I've gone and uploaded it as I've not heard a no - however I have added the disclaimer in there and I'll take it down if FFG asks me too. Please note that it is an early version!

You can get the font(s) from here.

Very cool, thanks for sharing these. One complaint, the key mappings seem a little random, is there any way to fix that? Maybe map them across the number keys or something else that is a little easier to remember.

I was originally doing that, however I came to realise that if you just wanted to type out a scenario (without having to change fonts consistently) then there are certain keys you can't press, eg ! & * ( )

(I've actually got mine mapped to an external programmable keypad, I just used sticky tape to stick the symbols on the respective keys)

However, I will update the .zip to include just the symbols mapped to the numerical keys, gimme a couple mins

EDIT - done, made a new font with just symbols only and mapped to the numerical row on your keyboard. I've also included a key for reference.

Woohoo, cool font mate gran_risa.gif

Would be nice if FFG could attach something like that to their wysiNwyg editor (I used to call all the wysiwyg editors What You See Is NOT What You Get lengua.gif ) here on the forum.

Can't get these to work on mac. Any ideas?

I dont have a mac, so I cant confirm if this works... but give this a whirl.

mac WFRP dice symbol font

Views perfectly in font preview but everything I get is basicly the hammer-symbol with every letter. Special characters work as per normal font. This isn't actually your problem but if you really want it to be finished... :)

For the mac one, try using the shift key and the numerical row.

From memory it will go Success, Challenge, Righteous Success, Boon, Bane, Sigmar's Hammer, Chaos Star etc etc when starting from shift-1

BIG thanks on this! Making a huge difference on completing my materials!

I've got this *AMAZING* font installed on a 3.06Ghz iMac and a MacBook Pro. I haven't had much luck with the symbol only versions (the Mac-specific one included) but the antique one, complete with a WFRP-ish weathered text font is absolutely flawless. I will be using it HEAVILY in the coming months. THANKS, FROO!

Yep. I got the Antique font working also and am using it for the character sheet (thanks will be in order naturally). The symbols however don't work which is a shame as I planed to include quick-and-dirty key to the symbols to the character sheet.

Thanks so much for this!

thanks very much

you`re a knupp*

(*meaning something like an angel or good-guy where I am from) gran_risa.gif

Anytime guys - I'm actually working on some other bits and pieces that I'll likely get done in the next week or two. I've just got so much on right now and any spare time is gaming time :)

Thanks so much for the fonts! It will really improve aspects of writing up the game for me and the alterations I hope to eventually make to some of the Action Cards. So I really appreciate it.

I know we're all busy but it seems like you have actual programming skills and actual interest in building some great home-tools for the game. If you have any intention in creating more detailed home-brew stuff for the game, I thought I should point you toward a program called Strange Eons. A few others and I have mentioned this program for Arkham Horror which allows you to make customized gaming components off templates. It has everything from investigators, to monsters, to all the cards so you can create your own home brews. If you're looking to create some type of similar tool (or simply cards) I suggest you look at Strange Eons, as it has a plug in authoring kit so it can be used to create other game components using the program. Talisman, so far, is the only other game the program supports. Since The Warhammer cards are the same size as Arkham Cards, someone with programming skills (which I don't have, as I have tried to do this myself and failed) could probably put something together for it. I'll you the link, in case you're interested.

http://www.sfu.ca/~cjenning/eons/

Again, thanks for the work you've done.