Font for dice symbols

By froo, in Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay

Works with Mac OS X 10.5 + Word 2004.

Nice job and greatly appreciated by this Mac user.

//H

I've run the font through iWork '09, Adobe CS4 and MS Office for the Mac. It works great, no issues. Thanks again for the fix.

von Clausewitz said:

Hedge,

Is the font mapped to the keys that are described in the readme file? I've had to hunt for each specific keystroke in order to find them and I'm still missing the RIghteous success and the Misfortune symbol. btw, Mac running OS 10.6.2, Adobe CS4, MS Office, and iWork. still no luck... sorpresa.gif llorando.gif

Yeah, the font is accurately mapped to the keys described. Running OS 10.6.2 on my iMac and 10.5.8 on my laptop. That's very unfortunate that they aren't working for some. I can't fathom what the problem would be, though. Glad to hear that it's fixed for most.

Works for me too on a Mac. Thank you so very much !

I just wanted to thank you guys for doing this. It makes writing stuff good :)

jh

Morgoth said:

I also had a problem when creating PDF files, on Windows, so I fixed the font using FontForge :
- the new version does not generate errors when creatings PDFs (tested on Windows 7, Word 2007, PDF Creator)
- I added another mapping for all symbols for easy finding (letters A to P)
- the d8 and d10 symbols have been replaced with symbols pasted from the official PDFs
- I removed the success symbol from all the default characters, now it only has 2 mappings
- I changed the size of the puzzle pieces, and modified them a little so that they fit better together.

Here is the download link to the new WFRP3 Symbol Font .

Please test it on Mac and report the result here.

This linked worked for my Mac running 10.5.8

Thank you so much.

oshfarms said:

Morgoth said:

I also had a problem when creating PDF files, on Windows, so I fixed the font using FontForge :
- the new version does not generate errors when creatings PDFs (tested on Windows 7, Word 2007, PDF Creator)
- I added another mapping for all symbols for easy finding (letters A to P)
- the d8 and d10 symbols have been replaced with symbols pasted from the official PDFs
- I removed the success symbol from all the default characters, now it only has 2 mappings
- I changed the size of the puzzle pieces, and modified them a little so that they fit better together.

Here is the download link to the new WFRP3 Symbol Font .

Please test it on Mac and report the result here.

This linked worked for my Mac running 10.5.8

Thank you so much.

It works on Snow Leopard too. Thank you VERY MUCH.

If needed, here's a package containing free fonts :

- WFRP3 : dices symbol and 3 Dominican font (for titles in normal, italic, bold)

- Star Wars RPG Saga edition : libre semi san (plain text), USUZI (titles)

- Amizia, a home made rpg : Bradley (titles)

http://[email protected]/typos.rar

Anybody know where this file went? Froo's links are dead.

Jay H

Bumping this thread back to the top! Anyone know where the fonts are now? I have an older version (I think) that maps to ABCDEF etc., and wanted to get the updated one. I've made a series of Excel utilities including dice roller, combat tracker, character sheet and chargen (well, work in progress) and could really do with the most up to date version of the font.

I don't know if someone will be able to post it online again, so if anyone can send the font zip files to my e-mail, I would appreciate it very much: pedrolunaris at gmail.com. Thanks!

doesn't gitzman's gallery have them?

It does indeed, you may have to add the .ttf to it if you're on a mac like me. javascript:void(0);/*1337596381822*/

Isn't this the older version? I'm really after one that doesn't have the Warhammer symbols on vital characters (e.g. A, B, C) as it makes it impossible to use it more generally in a document or spreadsheet.

Just change the locations in font lab or manually in the unicode, no biggie.

Getting a 404 on these. Have they been taken down?

Thx!

Anybody got these fonts?