Orcs - Too Powerful? Too Fast? Weenie deck beats all!

By FiendishDevil, in Warhammer Invasion Deck Building

Orcs have great non-rush builds. They have several high HP units and combined with Chaos, they can be resource strong defense wallers with field sweeping tactics cards for the late game win.

I played a game last night. Orcs won. But not because of rush tactics. I stalled the rush, but they swept the board multiple times through out the match. The final killer was Smash-Go-Boom to destroy all my developments in one zone, causing it to burn.

I have been watching with interest all the Posts about the Orcs and powerfull is their rush.

Don´t u think that is empire is growing in terms of holding and getting control over the orc deck?

_GoDsHanD_ said:

I have been watching with interest all the Posts about the Orcs and powerfull is their rush.

Don´t u think that is empire is growing in terms of holding and getting control over the orc deck?

Considering Empire is all about control, I'd agree.

My two favorite Empire builds are Marching Orders, which uses a lot of mobility, counterstrike, and of course Forced March to control the encounters, moving your best units precisely where they will do you no good (in the case of Orc's that means out of the Battlefield), and moving their own to wherever they are needed the most, and the Infilitration which operates similarly though it constantly moves your unitsinto your Quest Zone and decks you with this supporting the Infiltrate Quest.

Yeah, I really think Orcs aren't as bad as some are making them out to be, once your player base gets enough games in there are things you learn to look out for and expect.

I'm working on non-rush Orc build . . . and it is working out way better, cause they expect the rush, and when I haven't killed them off early they start to get cocky and think they have the game in the bag . . . . then bad things happen . . . bwahahahaha

Seriously, I think all the other factions got great boosts out of the faction pack and orcs got the smallest push. Yeah Skaven makes a strong deck, but their potential in Chaos decks is far greater. I'm super glad of the cards Empire got, they need another boost to their control element, and I love playing against those decks. They are annoying and fun to go up against all at the same time.

Spider riders while yes, great in the rush game, is not a versatile card, and is good for just that . . . . or a development. War paint? ehhh. Nothing that special to me.

Once more games are played and people unlock all the uses for their newfound cards you'll start seeing the "orc beats all" chant die down. Hopefully not since I play orcs . . . but I love a challenge. Right now in our area we have a solid pool of all the factions except Chaos players, but our chaos player has one of the hardest decks to beat in our playgroup.

im also working on a non rush orc deck...
i havnt played it yet... but i can see better potentual in this than the blitz decks that are too 1 dementional
dont get me wrong i love the blitz but if it fails u have no backup plan and find it really hard to get back into the game...

i would love to see ur deck mylastnerv

Sure thing. I'll post it up once I feel I'm happy with the final tweaks I'll be playtesting hopefully today or tomorrow at our shop.

StoneColdSpider said:

RexGator said:

StoneColdSpider said:

u guys have wives and girlfriends??? WTF?? :P

They were a limited release promo if you got the game at GenCon.

gui%C3%B1o.gif

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
classic lengua.gif
i hope they dont take them out of the origonal packaging then! gui%C3%B1o.gif

Sadly most of them are "Destruction only" and only few of them follow an "Order" . gui%C3%B1o.gif

But back to topic: Orcs are extremely fast and devastating. Evin if things don't go their way, they can destroy Support cards with their Quest and units with Troll Vomit .

A thing that Orcs absolutely dislike is Counterstrike since most of the greenskins pack low health and are focused on attack.

I played the Stahleck Constructed tournament with an Orc Blitz Deck and it was mainly easy wins. One game got longer and the dwarf digged in with one burning zone, but a Blitz Deck with a bit support cards (Warpstone, Contested Village, Grimgors Camp (maybe Greyseer and Skaven, have not tested it yet)) is easily able to build up a last killing blow with 20 damage and above with Waagh and Totem of Gork. More details will follow tomorrow.

Posted my list here http://www.fantasyflightgames.com/edge_foros_discusion.asp?efid=155&efcid=4&efidt=252877 .

So far I have loved the skavens in my orc list the greyseer is absolutely great allowing you to build up either your quest or kingdom and still attack is absolutely amazing. The clan rats have great applications as well. Outside of letting your greyseer attack for more there are nice suttle things you can do with them like having greyseer in your quest zone and clan rats anywhere else and pumping your greyseer at the end of your kingdom phase so you can draw the extra card during your quest phase and still maintain most of the attacking power for that turn. All in all i like them a lot and am looking forward to future Skaven. It would be great to see one more "weenie" type skaven with and interesting ability for the cost of 2.