Kislev race rules?

By kid_happy2, in WFRP House Rules

Hey all,

I’m going to running something custom for a couple of old friends. One of the players wants to play a barber-surgeon from Kislev. Has anyone come up with race rules for Kislevites? A basic search on these forums didn’t get any hits.

Cheers,

just few quick ideas:

1. During creation process, you may train Ride, Nature Lore or Observation for free

2. You may add 1 Fortune Dice to your resilience checks against cold

3. If your starting wealth is Affluent, you may start with trusty horse

4. Kislevite starts with 20 creation points

Rest as it was reiklander.

New carers: Boyar (Noble Lord), Ungol Horse Archer (Outrider), Winged Lancer (Knight), Ursun Priest (combination of Ulric, Tall and Sigmar blessings), Ice Witch (combination of Celestial, Jade and Amber spells)

I'll add few details to Valhall's idea. These bonuses are taken or inspired by Hero's Call stats:

Ungol

• Poor : During character creation, it costs 3 creation points for a Ungol to start as comfortable, and 4 to start as affluent.
  • Northerners : Two fewer KK misfortune dice are added to a Northman’s dice pool any effects from cold, wind or bad weather. You may add K fortune die for any Environmental Damage checks against cold, because familiarity to cold.
  • The Children of Taiga : During character creation (before investing any creation points), a Ungol character may train one of the following basic skills for free – Nature Lore, Ride, Observation or Weapon Skill.
  • Riders of the Oblast : The Ungol add K fortune die to any check made to handle a riding animal or drive wagon. Also Melee Attack actions when mounted gain this bonus and opponents add K misfortune die to Melee Attacks unless armed with a spear, lance, or similar.
  • Creation Points : 20
  • Wound Threshold : 9 + Toughness rating
  • Corruption Threshold : 5 + Toughness rating
  • Native Language : Kislevarin

Gospodars

• Northerners : Two fewer KK misfortune dice are added to a Northman’s dice pool any effects from cold, wind or bad weather. You may add K fortune die for any Environmental Damage checks against cold, because familiarity to cold.
  • Consume Alcohol : Gospodar add K fortune die to any alcohol related checks.

OR

• The Children of Taiga : During character creation (before investing any creation points), a Gospodar character may train one of the following basic skills for free – Nature Lore, Ride, Observation or Weapon Skill.
  • Creation Points : 25
Edited by jackdays

I'll add few details to Valhall's idea. These bonuses are taken or inspired by Hero's Call stats:

Gospodars

OR

• The Children of Taiga : During character creation (before investing any creation points), a Gospodar character may train one of the following basic skills for free – Nature Lore, Ride, Observation or Weapon Skill.

I really like this one. Was looking at Hero's Call and Something Rotten in Kislev. This character certainly would be a Gospodar and he is keen on playing with the accent. I'm going to remove the Weapon Skill and replace it with Guile, based on the inclination to deceit referenced in SRiK.

Just curious on your choice of the "or". Neither of the first two abilities seems terrible strong when compared to the other Reikland provinces.

Cheers.

Gospodars

OR

I really like this one. Was looking at Hero's Call and Something Rotten in Kislev. This character certainly would be a Gospodar and he is keen on playing with the accent. I'm going to remove the Weapon Skill and replace it with Guile, based on the inclination to deceit referenced in SRiK.

Just curious on your choice of the "or". Neither of the first two abilities seems terrible strong when compared to the other Reikland provinces.

Cheers.

I would say Northerners is balanced enough. It is actually "little" better than the one found from the Nordland Characters.

But yes, the second one, about alcohol, is kind of weak. Just kind of "traditional" Kislev thing I wanted to add. With Ungol there could have been even more variations and options, from Fighters Against Chaos to Monster Slaying . But, with Gospodar the options are more difficult.

Maybe it could be changed to something like this:

Good Stamina : Gospodar add one fortune point all Resilience checks and two fortune points to any tests related to alcohol.

Well, I really like your ideas.

Here's what I'm going to go with after another look at Hero's Call. Most of the human abilities are weaker than I initially thought and that is why I was wondering why you didn't allow for all three to be taken at creation:

• Northerners : Two fewer KK misfortune dice are added to a Northman’s dice pool any effects from cold, wind or bad weather.
  • Northern Hospitality: Gospodar add K fortune die to any Guile, Detect Lies, and alcohol related checks.

The Guile and Detect Lies is based on the following from SRiK:

" Famous for dishonesty, they respond to all authority with distrust and cynicism disguised with ill-natured co-operation. Cunning and deceit are honoured weapons for meeting challenges."

Well, I really like your ideas.

Here's what I'm going to go with after another look at Hero's Call. Most of the human abilities are weaker than I initially thought and that is why I was wondering why you didn't allow for all three to be taken at creation:

• Northerners : Two fewer KK misfortune dice are added to a Northman’s dice pool any effects from cold, wind or bad weather.
  • Northern Hospitality: Gospodar add K fortune die to any Guile, Detect Lies, and alcohol related checks.

The Guile and Detect Lies is based on the following from SRiK:

" Famous for dishonesty, they respond to all authority with distrust and cynicism disguised with ill-natured co-operation. Cunning and deceit are honoured weapons for meeting challenges."

My reason is/was that if you look at the characteristics in Heroe's Call you usually get fortune die bonus to either one skill or couple of skills, with limitations/restrictions (like when in somewhere or against something).

That's my reason. Now, its totally different thing are different characteristics really balanced with each other. In my opinion - not. And each and every regional profile could have used maybe one more bonus, to give more possibilities for different variations and combinations. But, this should have been taught in the very beginning of the system, which is one of the things I find missing - these regional and national characteristics should have been given to each nation of the Old World.

But, I think this Gospodar-profile is really good. Giving it more balanced characteristics, yet unique set.