Expansion board available as an additional purchase

By player1671589, in War of the Ring: Collector's Edition

Will FFG make the expansion boards available for purchase for this item at a later date or is it totally incompatible with the prior expansions?

I assume that you are talknig about the Rohan and Gondor maps. If I assume correct then the Collector's Edition is not compatible with those since you need the extra figures from Battles of the Third Age . The CE only comes with the expansion figures for the base game (Galadriel, Balrog, New W-K, Hillmen, Corsairs, Ents, and Siege Engines).

I think we will see an collectors expansion with the other stuff in.

I hope so. If this sells well then I hope the remaining boards and figures will follow.

Foxxy said:

I think we will see an collectors expansion with the other stuff in.

I doubt that this will happen. The most popular part of the expansion are the components that add to the base game and we're getting those with our CE.

I can almost guarantee that it is not going to happen. No one is going to buy a collector expansion without the original collector game and not all of those who has the game will buy an expansion. It is not worthwhile for FFP or Nexus to make such a limited run with minimal amount of painted figures.