3 more previews

By NJBrock22, in UFS General Discussion

The coolest thing about Water Amy is that she only shares Good with Lu Chen as far as Water characters go (Xiang, Yi Shan, and Christie only share Water with her). As such, a Water Amy wouldn't be a bad idea since Good Amy plays way different than Order Amy plays way different than Water Amy.

So it's not out of the question. Thankfully all of her symbols will have more than enough support to make each version playable, and while I definitely look forward to finally seeing Water in this block, Good is my symbol, and Amy has it :D

Tagrineth said:

Based on what we've seen, Lu Chen and Amy's cards should combine pretty well.

To some extent. It all depends just how Weapon-centric Amy turns out to be. As it stands, though Mr. Reversal's support lends a hand to the disruption strategy, the majority of his cards aren't quite helpful.

Besides the Water-Life issue, Water's other problem is that all of it's releases to date present very seperate themes. Lu Chen's all about the Reversaling and the face-down cards. Yi Shan's all about face-up momentum and beating some face. Christie's all about Kicks and draw and a little speed. Their biggest problem as a whole is that they have very little to draw from each other. And though Amy definately, daresay obviously, loves on the disruption support from Lu Chen, it might fall short of enough if she indeed is weapon-focused in her endeavors, as the only revealed attack is.

I actually sorta see Good Amy playing a lot like Water Amy only with a whole lot more support. I'm still leaning toward Order Amy, even if for nothing more than beast Astrid and Paul support.

I think you're focusing on the wrong attribute with Amy's previewed attack. :)

Tagrineth said:

I can't help but have my curiousity piqued. I'm trying to get my most out of the enhance, thereby hopefully ending the opponent's turn before they do horribly painful things to me. I hope to maintain consistancy through the multiple draw and Weapon recursion abilities available through Paul and Astrid. I also hope to keep a high number of Blocks, preferrably those of the Weapon variety, to keep the Combo consistantly possible.

Additionally, I hope to use the damage pumps available, once again through Paul and Astrid, to make the dent in their turn as painful as can be.

Of course, I could be totally missing the point here. :D

ZeeroYui said:

Tagrineth said:

I can't help but have my curiousity piqued. I'm trying to get my most out of the enhance, thereby hopefully ending the opponent's turn before they do horribly painful things to me. I hope to maintain consistancy through the multiple draw and Weapon recursion abilities available through Paul and Astrid. I also hope to keep a high number of Blocks, preferrably those of the Weapon variety, to keep the Combo consistantly possible.

Additionally, I hope to use the damage pumps available, once again through Paul and Astrid, to make the dent in their turn as painful as can be.

Of course, I could be totally missing the point here. :D

Does it shut down blocks? i cant remember how that works exactly

Because if it does then it might just make order astrid playable

Triple Botta in Tempo only raises an opponent's card's difficulty, not block difficulty.

MarcoPulleaux said:

Triple Botta in Tempo only raises an opponent's card's difficulty, not block difficulty.

thats what i thought but i wasnt sure exactly.....its a good thing that it doesnt though that could get ugly

If Xianghua has any sort of card pool-clearing ability, than Waterfall has no downside for her.

Just looking into it, I think Jolly Side would work miracles in a Life Waterfall Lineup. Even if the Combo was not in place, it could allow you to deal full damage with both attacks. And if the Combo is in place, than it is just that much more gain, as you will already have some form of Speed buffs in place to push through the last attack.

Honestly, I really like Jolly Side, even outside of Tira. Gloomy Side, too, but not as much. Jolly Side will probably make it into a few of my next-set Life builds, just to see if it is worth it.

-Tinman

Weapon + Weapon + Waterfall + Lunging Brush Fire
Weapon + From the Mouse + Waterfall

Easily the most unnecessary and unrealistic way to tutor and re-use Waterfall, but hey, if you somehow manage to pass all those checks AND haven't killed the opponent by the first Waterfall + LBF, the 4th weapon and 2nd Waterfall will DEFINITELY do it *shamelesslawl*

MarcoPulleaux said:

Weapon + Weapon + Waterfall + Lunging Brush Fire
Weapon + From the Mouse + Waterfall

Easily the most unnecessary and unrealistic way to tutor and re-use Waterfall, but hey, if you somehow manage to pass all those checks AND haven't killed the opponent by the first Waterfall + LBF, the 4th weapon and 2nd Waterfall will DEFINITELY do it *shamelesslawl*

Someone mentioned the "Tricked ya!" combo of First Rite, Second Rite, Waterfall. Sure, the Second Rite does nothing for Waterfall BUT you could play a 5 diff mid weapon AFTER the Waterfall.

And if there's any card pool clearing off of Air any time soon, you can play Third Rite, get rid of Waterfall and use the combo.

Ooh I know. Speed up Waterfall, use E, then use Shattered Personna or Jolly Side action E or a Gloomy Tira... sexy.

Gloomy Side Tira

First Rite > Second Rite > Waterfall + Mishima Zaibatsu Leader E + Wonderworld Comics E (to get momentum) > R with Tira (discarding Waterfall) > Third Rite + Combo E (Multiple: 2) + Wonderworld Comics E (momentum) + Tira E Commit (Multiple: 1) = Third Rite with Multiple: 3.

Once again, GL passing all the control checks (even with Communing), and yeah right to even needing to do all this, but hey, it's possible.

MarcoPulleaux said:

Gloomy Side Tira

First Rite > Second Rite > Waterfall + Mishima Zaibatsu Leader E + Wonderworld Comics E (to get momentum) > R with Tira (discarding Waterfall) > Third Rite + Combo E (Multiple: 2) + Wonderworld Comics E (momentum) + Tira E Commit (Multiple: 1) = Third Rite with Multiple: 3.

Once again, GL passing all the control checks (even with Communing), and yeah right to even needing to do all this, but hey, it's possible.

4, 4, 8, 5? If you ask me, that can be done turn 2 or 3...

Of course if the First Rite DOESN'T deal damage...

4, 6, 8, 7... which is sort of doable at about turn 3, especially with a single Communing which helps a whole **** lot.

both of you are wrong, its 4, 4, 6, 3 and here's why

Trained Far and Wide (Foundation)
[Air, Fire, Good]
Block: +4H
F: Commit: Progressive Difficulty does not apply to the next Combo attack you play this turn.
E: Commit 1 foundation: Your combo attack gets +1 Speed and +1 Damage.
Diff: 3 Control: 4

note the bolded text 2 of those in play and say hello to unlikely kill condtion.

also first person to say a 3/4 is unviable, gets my size 10 1/2 up their ass...

N.J.

NJBrock22 said:

both of you are wrong, its 4, 4, 6, 3 and here's why

Trained Far and Wide (Foundation)
[Air, Fire, Good]
Block: +4H
F: Commit: Progressive Difficulty does not apply to the next Combo attack you play this turn.
E: Commit 1 foundation: Your combo attack gets +1 Speed and +1 Damage.
Diff: 3 Control: 4

note the bolded text 2 of those in play and say hello to unlikely kill condtion.

also first person to say a 3/4 is unviable, gets my size 10 1/2 up their ass...

N.J.

Are you assuming you have two Trained Far and Wide out? THAT's a stretch.

But even with just one of those out, 4, 4, 6, 5 is still doable turn 2 easily. That is, if First Rite deals damage.