Where the fluffin muffins are the expantions?

By iLiveAGAIN, in Forbidden Stars

I am just hoping for a Twilight Imperium reskin. They could modify things to add more flavor to the universe, and no risk of losing the licence.

Day 1 buy if ever they decide to do that.

Yes, there's no reason this game can't live again with an FFG in-house IP. TI3 seems tailor made, since it was at least in part a tribute to some of the ideas in W4K in the first place. And, in theory, with a TI3 retheme, it could be expanded well past 8 races (though there's probably an upper limit on how many are actually good to play).

Still, it'd be funny for this game system to be rethemed for a third time...in board game history, only Doom has come back more times, to my reckoning...

Edited by Invictus5000

I am just hoping for a Twilight Imperium reskin. They could modify things to add more flavor to the universe, and no risk of losing the licence.

Yes, there's no reason this game can't live again with an FFG in-house IP. TI3 seems tailor made, since it was at least in part a tribute to some of the ideas in W4K in the first place. And, in theory, with a TI3 retheme, it could be expanded well past 8 races (though there's probably an upper limit on how many are actually good to play).

Still, it'd be funny for this game system to be rethemed for a third time...in board game history, only Doom has come back more times, to my reckoning...

I'm honestly surprised they didn't do that in the first place. I get that 40k has a bigger brand presence, but TI3 is also well known. Expanding the universe would have created a larger buzz around the license.

I'm honestly surprised they didn't do that in the first place. I get that 40k has a bigger brand presence, but TI3 is also well known. Expanding the universe would have created a larger buzz around the license.

I know TI by name and that's about it... honestly. :)

Don't know if you've read Asimov's "Foundation" series, but think of TI as a grand space opera in a similar setting with different races.

Granted, there isn't much lore outside of the game proper (flavor text in the manuals, race descriptions and history), but what is there definitely fleshes out the universe. I honestly don't know why they haven't worked on it more. The only other game I know of is Rex, which I also quite like.

Don't know if you've read Asimov's "Foundation" series, but think of TI as a grand space opera in a similar setting with different races.

Granted, there isn't much lore outside of the game proper (flavor text in the manuals, race descriptions and history), but what is there definitely fleshes out the universe. I honestly don't know why they haven't worked on it more. The only other game I know of is Rex, which I also quite like.

Ooh, a Foundation version of this game would be cool!

And now it's official, this game is dead ( link )

My buddy just told me about this. I was greatly looking forward to dropping lots of little purple plastic Tyranid miniatures and copious amounts of reinforcement tokens (I envisioned the 'nids being heavily focused on reinforcement token generation) onto the board. Needless to say I'm extremely bummed.

There was a GREAT deal of lore outside the game, if you can find it. There was a Twilight Imperium RPG.

And now it's official, this game is dead ( link )

O_O Relic?? NOOOOOOoooooooooooo!! Halls of Terra was Sooooo good! Oh. Uh, sorry Forbidden Stars is a great game too, that's why I'm here....but.....but this makes no sense. Games Workshop has been giving their license to practically anyone wanting to make a game! I've been playing Space Hulk Ascension more than I have board games! Conquest is neat n' all but why invest in a card pool you know will die when you can get an even better 40k grand experience from Armageddon? Armada looks great but pales compared to Battlefleet Gothic Armad- oh. (again.)

I really hope they reskin this game again and NOT as Star Wars. It is unlikely, I know, but FF/Asmodee seems rather hellbent on exploiting that IP for all it is worth. So I wouldn't put it past them, even of they would have to make the factions variations of the Rebels and the Empire. And even if they already have a Star Wars themed game covering some of the same ground in Rebellion.

So fingers crossed they have something up their sleeve, it seem like they saw the GW exit coming at least a year ago, if not longer, since they usually release an expansion for a game like Forbidden Stars after about a year, And we only got silience.

So my hope is they already have a plan to replace or reskin some of the games they lose from their lineup. Chaos in the Old World could work well with a Mythos theme for example, but that may be too similar to Cthulhu Wars.

Edited by Barl