Where the fluffin muffins are the expantions?

By iLiveAGAIN, in Forbidden Stars

Where is the Nids, Dark Elder, Tau and Necron expansions?

The wait is getting serious now... get on the case FFG... give us something. All we need is new battle cards, new models and new race boards. I am not even sure that I want new mechanisms or anything... just more of what you got is fine...

What;s da hold up!!!

I agree. We need an update! And I also agree that we just need more of what we have, don't add more mechanics.

Concur!

Honestly, this sucks.

One of the reasons I got rid of Battlelore 2 is because I kept waiting for expansions... Then gave up... 2 weeks later... bOOm, expansions...

Should I get rid of my FS now in hope of triggering that again... :D

At least we just got an FAQ...

Guys do you think FFG will be making expansions?

1 year pass and no info...

mee to, its getting really annoing. Tom Vassel mentioned something about a tyranid expansion(proberly the one least one i would wont but..) but i think that was last year

mee to, its getting really annoing. Tom Vassel mentioned something about a tyranid expansion(proberly the one least one i would wont but..) but i think that was last year

I think it was a guess/prediction, and he mixed up which game he meant. I think it's fairly likely there will be nothing more for this game, though I'd love to be wrong.

I´m afraid and rather sure, that Tom Vassel confused this game with WH40k Conquest. That game´s Tyranid Expansion is already out in the open.

I think that they lost the license. Okay, fine, I know they are going to lose the license. Unfortunately, I can't say more, as I owe the person who told me this that, but take a look. No new Warhammer products in development this year, and no new announcements for 40k. The POD WQ card game expansions don't count, since they were in development last year. No new expansions for this great game. Think about it. Then think about how stupid GW is. Feel free to freak out.

I think that they lost the license. Okay, fine, I know they are going to lose the license. Unfortunately, I can't say more, as I owe the person who told me this that, but take a look. No new Warhammer products in development this year, and no new announcements for 40k. The POD WQ card game expansions don't count, since they were in development last year. No new expansions for this great game. Think about it. Then think about how stupid GW is. Feel free to freak out.

If this is true, it wouldn`t surprise me.

they are gw after all

If this is true, it wouldn`t surprise me.

they are gw after all

dang gwexits

So no announcement of expansions for this at GENCON... X-Wing and Armada did (no surprises there), but so did X-Com which caught many by surprise.

Any thoughts on what that means for Forbidden Stars? (Can't say I'm too concerned as I far from coming to grips with everything in the box as it is! Still Imperial Guard (screw the TMable name) and Tyrannids would be fun additions to the mix.

I think it is no new stuff from FFG... ever. Not a big surprise at this point, but a shame.

It would be a shame, but the core box has far from exhausted its replayability in my gaming circle.

Likewise, it is still our favourite game, but sad to see it will never be given a fresh injection of ideas. It is a game which so readily would fit an expansion.

Any thoughts on what that means for Forbidden Stars?

Yeah, that the Stars are no longer Forbidden, they are Dead.

I don't have the "look behind the curtain" Everett (Toenail) had, but it's a fact that all GW-related lines are dying at the moment. WH Quest had zero news (apart from 2 negligible PoD expansions) despite the huge initial sales and developers posting on the forum "if the game sells, there will be expansions"; WH: Conquest has only 2 more war packs coming and nothing more in sight, despite usually LCGs have a minimum of 4 months of program scheduled in advance (often this goes to six months); they launched a Fantasy Miniature line (RuneWars: the miniature game) that looks like a declaration of war to GW; and so on. Plus, there are a few instructive threads on BGG ( link ); in one of these, Sam Bailey, co-creator of the game (and now sadly not working with FFG any longer) ends the conversation with the following:

"It makes me sad deep in my deepest heart. I had so many imaginings of a great future for Forbidden Stars that will probably never be :-( "

Clearly, this doesn't mean the game is 100% dead (after all Sam not working with FFG anymore doesn't mean another developer could take his place) but it's certainly not comforting news either.

I'm curious to see if this goes on the holiday sales list this year (which would be FS's tombstone)

Nothing new announced for quite a while for the 40k RPGs either... and they removed all the books from drivethrurpg.com just now.

Edited by Gridash

Nothing new announced for quite a while for the 40k RPGs either... and they removed all the books from drivethrurpg.com just now.

And all POD material for Warhammer Quest Card Game, Space Hulk, and Talisman now "Not Available."

I never got this, as I have StarCraft and rarely got that to the table, but am sad to see the writing on the wall.

Rumor is FFG is losing the GW license, including Talisman and Fury of Dracula.

And now it's official, this game is dead ( link )

Not surprising, especially if you look back over the last year or two. So many good games that could have been incredible with just another round or two of support. I suppose I'm happy to have what I have. A few missed opportunities, to be sure.

Agreed. FS should have been pushed to 8 factions. It'd simply have been perfect

I am just hoping for a Twilight Imperium reskin. They could modify things to add more flavor to the universe, and no risk of losing the licence.

Day 1 buy if ever they decide to do that.

I'd buy a TI flavored FS as well. I know some folks out there have their "generic theme" grievances with the Terrinoth and TI universes but I'd rather invest in those knowing that there will be solid support than dip into a middle-to-heavy IP that may or may not get renewed on a yearly basis.