Has anybody had thier store championships yet?

By Da_ghetto_gamer, in UFS General Discussion

Winnipeg - Face-Off Cards - Store Championship results:

1st King - Earth
2nd King - Earth (Eliminated due to diversity)
3rd Sigfried
4th Rashotep - Earth (Me!)
5th Paul Phoenix - All
6th Omar - Chaos
7th King - Void
8th Marius Gaius

King tops Siggy to Win. in the cut.

None of the folks who played King normally played king.

There were two strong Hata's that were normally running in the environment, that caused both of them not to play Hata based on diversity.

Amusingly enough as Rashotep, I got to face all three kings.

The second match was most amusing, because game 2 he sides to Rashotep away from king, and Game 3 I sided to king away from Rashotep.

Other players were confused at the end.

Also - Each of the Kings were remarkably different. Even the two Earth kings played completely differently.

Da_ghetto_gamer said:

4th Fire Evil Astorath

Oh snap son! Astagolem!

Also, another Siegfried in top 4?

Come on guys...can we just admit he's A tier now?

I believe a large number of the characters out and about right now are very solid. The only issue is that a handful of them are innately obvious in how they go about their game. As time goes on I think more and more characters like Lu Chen and Siegfried (and Nina) will come into their own.

And yes, Lu Chen does run into problems with killing opponents. Essentially, if my opponent is aggressive, the kill is easy, but if they are slow, then it hinges on me drawing Wrath of Heaven to pressure my opponent. Lu Chen rocks a Good/Life hybrid, running three wonderful assets, and smashing face with Friends Now Enemies + Robes of the Master Lu Chen R + Half-block + Reversal Shenanigans. I definitely need to shake up his attack and foundation line up a bit though. After I run him a bit more and get a feel for where he's at, I'll post a decklist. I think Lu Chen off Good will be a force to be reckoned with if Amy's support is anything like her previews have shown. His Robes alone make him a fantastic control deck.

As for all this King fanservice, I think Kilik will be doing a lot of rude things to the man behind the jaguar mask.

VaporGecko said:

As for all this King fanservice, I think Kilik will be doing a lot of rude things to the man behind the jaguar mask.

Yep, Kilik sure does discard King's throws...

...right

into

King's F

Yeah, Lu Chen's got some tricks, and I've already discovered the BS that is Siegfried F + Enemies Now Friends + half-block Chi Disruptor as a reversal

Yeah, 13 damage Chi Disruptor's are pretty boss. Lookin forward to the decklist (and in all honesty, I'd say post it soon simply because Soul Calibur will inevitably change it all up)

MarcoPulleaux said:

...right

into

King's F

The King's that I'm seeing are doing 2, 3, and sometimes 4 throws per turn before using King's F.

If Kilik can knock down 2 or 3 of those attacks first? He gets to live a while against king.

MarcoPulleaux said:

Oh snap son! Astagolem!

He's also good off of Earth, with Base Hold into Attack with Kulutues.

MarcoPulleaux said:

VaporGecko said:

...right

into

King's F

Yeah, Lu Chen's got some tricks, and I've already discovered the BS that is Siegfried F + Enemies Now Friends + half-block Chi Disruptor as a reversal

Yeah, 13 damage Chi Disruptor's are pretty boss. Lookin forward to the decklist (and in all honesty, I'd say post it soon simply because Soul Calibur will inevitably change it all up)

Unless said King player decides to rely on the "foundation spam + solo Throw via King's F + PotM", which i've seen happen.

Da_ghetto_gamer said:

MarcoPulleaux said:

An Earth Sieggy, a Death Nina, and an Earth YI SHAN?! O_O

Guess people really are reaping the rewards of their experiments.

Also, Jimmy Kimmel in Lu Chen? Good/Life hybrid? Nice.

It just goes to show that people dont have to run boring net decks to have fun and actually compete in tourneys

Oh snapzorz.

I still like how people here complain about my Ivy that has 28 attacks...

guitalex2008 said:

Da_ghetto_gamer said:

MarcoPulleaux said:

An Earth Sieggy, a Death Nina, and an Earth YI SHAN?! O_O

Guess people really are reaping the rewards of their experiments.

Also, Jimmy Kimmel in Lu Chen? Good/Life hybrid? Nice.

It just goes to show that people dont have to run boring net decks to have fun and actually compete in tourneys

Oh snapzorz.

I still like how people here complain about my Ivy that has 28 attacks...

28 Attacks?! No complaints here, that's straight up AWESOME!

Homme Chapeau said:

MarcoPulleaux said:

Oh snap son! Astagolem!

He's also good off of Earth, with Base Hold into Crushing Embrace with Kulutues.

Fixed

Also guitalex, nobody's mad that you're running 28 attacks in Ivy

We're mad that you're running Ivy. *trash talk mode: on* Ivy sucks

*trash talk mode: off*

MarcoPulleaux said:

Homme Chapeau said:

MarcoPulleaux said:

Oh snap son! Astagolem!

He's also good off of Earth, with Base Hold into Crushing Embrace with Kulutues.

Fixed

Any throw will suffice. Preferred one is (if 2nd turn of attacks) Hades Destroyer, but CEotJ is the best one on the first turn.

KNEEL BEFORE ME! is also an acceptable replacement for Base Hold.

Homme Chapeau said:

MarcoPulleaux said:

Oh snap son! Astagolem!

He's also good off of Earth, with Base Hold into Attack with Kulutues.

did they change the bad wording on kulutues so it actually pumps damage?

E Commit 1 foundation: Your attack gets +X damage. X equals the control value of the card immediately preceding this card in your card pool.

What's wrong with this wording?

Lazy Lantern said:

E Commit 1 foundation: Your attack gets +X damage. X equals the control value of the card immediately preceding this card in your card pool.

Some people, if they wanted to be complete ruling nazis, could interpret the "preceding this card" as preceding the asset, and since the asset isn't in the card pool, that would do nothing.

lol @ funny wording on asta-asset

Church said:

Lazy Lantern said:

Some people, if they wanted to be complete ruling nazis, could interpret the "preceding this card" as preceding the asset, and since the asset isn't in the card pool, that would do nothing.

k but no

If they're that petty, you need new UFS friends.

Church said:

Lazy Lantern said:

Rules Arbiter says no.

- Just saying.

Antigoth said:

Rules Arbiter says no.

- Just saying.

Anyone that's even REMOTELY SANE says no.

the reason i think siggy is doing so well and im experiences with him is that you can devote your entire foundation base to something other then damage buffs since he comes with it built right in and +3-4 to every attack is pretty amazing when it comes down to it.

Plus Double Grounder Beta is the shizz right now.....

Homme Chapeau said:

Antigoth said:

Rules Arbiter says no.

- Just saying.

Anyone that's even REMOTELY SANE says no.

Since when has that ever stopped half the issues in Q&A? It's true it could be read that way, but anyone who interprets it that way is just trying to be difficult.

Edit: Thanks Brian, sent you a response.

Two Store championships in two weekends, quick rundowns

Dayton Oh, Bell Book and Games Last weekend

11 Players I believe.

Top 4 was (I believe paul was 1, J.Ray was

Paul Bittner - Fire Zi M

Jeremy Ray - All Paul Phoenix/Steve Fox

Matt Mcdannel - Chaos Kazuya

Andrew Olexa - Fire Cassie

Olexa Beats Paul 2-1

J.Ray beats Matt 2-0

Olexa Beats J ray 2-1

Wonderworld Comics Store Regional - This weekend

12 players

Top 4 was

J ray - All Paul P/Steve Fox

Andrew Olexa - Fire Cassie

Marcus(forgot his last name) - Fire Bryan Fury

Matt Mcdannel - Chaos Kazuya

Jray beats Matt Mcdannel 2-0

Olexa beats Marcus 2-0(with a combined life total at the end of both games of 4)

Jray beats Olexa 2-1

Overall a couple of good weekends for the team, and good times galore. I might tourney report a little bit more detail sometime, but I don't feel like it right now.

failed2k said:

Overall a couple of good weekends for the team, and good times galore. I might tourney report a little bit more detail sometime, but I don't feel like it right now.

Sounds like a couple of good weekends for you and Olexa. Grats on the strong All symbol showing. Similar to Olexa for showing a 7hs 20vit is 'more than' viable in this agressive meta.

We, in Calgary, have our first of 2 store tournies this Saturday. We also have prereleases Friday and Sunday... Sadly I can't attend the Friday night prerelease, but will be at the other 2 weekend events and probably post a tourney report of sorts come Monday November 23rd.

- dut

dutpotd said:

failed2k said:

Sounds like a couple of good weekends for you and Olexa. Grats on the strong All symbol showing. Similar to Olexa for showing a 7hs 20vit is 'more than' viable in this agressive meta.

We, in Calgary, have our first of 2 store tournies this Saturday. We also have prereleases Friday and Sunday... Sadly I can't attend the Friday night prerelease, but will be at the other 2 weekend events and probably post a tourney report of sorts come Monday November 23rd.

- dut

My Birthday! Yeah, the all deck held it's own, and really, I feel like i've really gotten it into a confortable place. The deck does a lot of things well, and really can just play long or play short depending on what it needs, in game 3 of me and andrews games I threw out Lethal damage without any turn thrusters and only 1 available foundation, 3 total (I failed the check on the second attack).

I'm really finding a groove with the deck, only for it to get completely changed up(but hopefully better) coming this weekend haha.

Lubbock Store Championships:

Texas Tech:

1. King

2. Astrid

3. Ragnar

4. Lu Chen

Jasco Games:

1. James Hata

2. Astrid

3. Paul Phoenix

4. Tira