Has anybody had thier store championships yet?

By Da_ghetto_gamer, in UFS General Discussion

If so whats domintating and what sort of suprises are you seeing....im pretty sure i know what to expect out of my store but who knows maybe someone will come out and impress

ours is Nov 21st. Im looking forward to it but at the same time Im sorta wishing it was after SC4 cuz honestly this limited cardpool is getting boring.

My store has had there's. It was kinda of irratating actually with the 2 of 5 stupid Hattas coming in first and second. God I hate him. I came in third with a stupid as hell I kill you turn two Jin deck. But really the kit only includes a plaque that the winner sends in and eight Kiliks. Nothing really special.

blades0fbl00d said:

But really the kit only includes a plaque that the winner sends in and eight Kiliks. Nothing really special.

Well, you don't send the plaque in; You send in that black+white paper.

Running mine on Sunday. Hope it goes well.

We had our store championship. Casual play won! woot.

Write some goddamned tournament reports people

-_-

We had ours today (i will write report later).

I won with my chaos omar, 2nd went to a brutal lu chen deck that he has been running the past few weeks.

We only had 8 so the 8 kiliks wasnt too much of a problem :P

Lu chen is definately WAY underestimated....he is brutal when built right....just wait till more good (symbol) cards come out with the next set....i think he may be the control deck to beat.

I played an Astrid and a Hilde before losing to that Lu chen deck 2-0 in swiss. Then we cut to top 4 and after i played against a siegfried deck i rematched lu chen and was able to take him 2-0.

Great games all around and good times.

One of my favorite things all day was when turn one (going 2nd) i did a 1st rite, 2nd rite, for the money and another foundation. Then turn 2 did all 3 rites, multipling out the 3rd and pumping the original copy of it to 13 dmg off omar. Fun stuff.

They where excellent games, Smazzurco, and I know Lu Chen will be staying my pet project as time goes on. Lu Chen is pretty brutal right now, and I know exactly what I need to include now to beat out staging area destruction. I see no reason why he does not see more tournament play.

I went 6-0 in Swiss, and then 2-3 in top 4. Hilde surprised me in the first round of top 4, and Omar cranked out two wins in some brutally long (for NewFS) games.

Bloodrunstrue said:

-_-

Why bother?

Not like anybody gonna read a report I put out.

We had ours yesterday. It was pretty much a normal tournament for us, just with a plaque on the line.

At madhatter, with an attitude like that no wonder.

@BRT, report posted in the tourney section. Didnt go into too much detail but if you have any questions on specifics feel free to ask. Top 4 was Me(chaos omar), good/life lu-chen, siegfried (not sure if good, life, or dual) and Fire Hilde.

Smazzurco said:

At madhatter, with an attitude like that no wonder.

An attitude like that doesn't happen overnight.

Bloodrunstrue said:

Doesn't matter anyway, I just found out today that no we are not hosting one.

I'll let others write the report on the one I'll actually attend.

A Siegfried in top 4? Lu Chen in top 2?

Decklists. Immediately.

Overall Standings

1st - CHAOS Heihachi
2nd - FIRE Astrid
3rd - FIRE Paul
4th - EARTH King

TripsEX said:

Overall Standings

1st - CHAOS Heihachi
2nd - FIRE Astrid
3rd - FIRE Paul
4th - EARTH King

This top 3 does not surprise me at all. These are the same decks that me and the other 2 members of my playgroup run, and each game against them in a toss up. The biggest surprise to me here is king in 4. I am curious to what the build of that deck is because I have a feeling it is not running POTM.

ATL top 4 was:

:Earth: King with void tech

:Death: Nina (maybe void i don't remember too well)

:Earth: Yi Shan

:All: Paul

MarcoPulleaux said:

A Siegfried in top 4? Lu Chen in top 2?

Decklists. Immediately.

Not gonna post a full decklist, ill leave that up to Vapergecko if he wants to post.

But lots of "if this attack deals dmg put card from staging area to card pool (and comes down commited). Lots of speed pumps and plenty of reversals. Assets were Drossel, Robes and Jimmy Kimmel.

For the Money/Intolerant of Failure won me games, i was either able to pass my checks for attacks even with a clouded card pool (FtM x3 out is dumb) or i was able to destroy his assets (or ready foundations on a kill turn, Intolerant of Failure x3 is just as dumb). I had to do things like spinning demon + multiple for 6dmg,7dmg, then play another one with like 3 foundations (that were rdy before of course) in my cardpool so at like 9 difficulty. But then able to multiple it out with need to destroy for 8, 9, and 10 dmg. (i think i didnt pump once because i remember the final one being for 9 dmg). Had to increase the dmg to get thru things like the old man behind the mask and enemies now friends.

Hanover Top 4:

King - Earth
Rashotep - Earth
Paul Phoenix
- All
Bryan Fury - Earth

King over Bryan Fury
Paul Phoenix over Rashotep

King over Paul Phoenix

Doomsday King wins, going 6-0.

So there arent many surpises overall which is what i figured considering the limited card pool and everyone playing the same decks for a while

Although props to the lu chen player i always knew he was good for something as theres one in our meta that wrecks face but in the end has problems pulling out a kill but can manage it at least half the time

And what about siggy hes better then people give him credit for i went undefeated in swiss with my siggy deck which is posted in the deck forums by the way....probably a good ways back but still....I went undefeated but then ended up losing in the finals to the same Hata deck i beat earlier in the day....not that we had very many people to begin with but still it was fun all around and i cant wait for the city championships to come

Our top 4 was:

1st Fire Hata
2nd Earth Siggy
3rd Chaos Heihachi
4th Fire Evil Astorath

The King deck that got 4th was running Path of the Master, he was actually run a variation of my deck, and from the matches I saw, it was just bad draws or god draws.

An Earth Sieggy, a Death Nina, and an Earth YI SHAN?! O_O

Guess people really are reaping the rewards of their experiments.

Also, Jimmy Kimmel in Lu Chen? Good/Life hybrid? Nice.

MarcoPulleaux said:

An Earth Sieggy, a Death Nina, and an Earth YI SHAN?! O_O

Guess people really are reaping the rewards of their experiments.

Also, Jimmy Kimmel in Lu Chen? Good/Life hybrid? Nice.

It just goes to show that people dont have to run boring net decks to have fun and actually compete in tourneys