Fictional characters re-imagined as DH characters/classes. What would Mulder, Scully, Olivia Dunham, Walter Bishop or Mal be like in the DH universe?

By Joeker, in Dark Heresy General Discussion

Fictional characters re-imagined as DH characters/classes. What would Mulder, Scully, Olivia Dunham, Walter Bishop, Peter Bishop, Fred, Daphne, Velma, Shaggy, Agents of Shield, or Malcolm Reynolds be like in the DH universe? Weapons, equipment?

The Mystery machine as a Rhino APC...Oh boy! :D

Velma: "Jinkies! That looks like a greater daemon of khorne!"

Scooby: "Reah, Roodristher!"

Fred: "Let's catch it gang!"

Shaggy: "Zoinks! Ho about let's not!"

Daphne: "Guys! I think these daemonettes are comming on to me!"

Yeah I'll get back later with some more proper answers, right now my mind is realing with scooby doo 40k slashfic.

We might need Lynata in here to keep things sane ;)

I did make Batman once; I don't have the sheet on hand, but my friend thought it was close enough that they'd kill the character if I brought it into the game.

I am working on a Rogue's gallery ( ala Batman ) - first suspect up "the Jester" (aka the Joker)

A "normal" crazy without FEAR - I would guess that's his greatest special ability

Homeworld (Hive) > Background (Outcast) > Role (Desperado)

PAGE 66 - Desperados are a motley group, comprising scum, bounty hunters, slavers, pirates, and renegades , all people who exist on the border or beyond the law.

I am working on a Rogue's gallery ( ala Batman ) - first suspect up "the Jester" (aka the Joker)

A "normal" crazy without FEAR - I would guess that's his greatest special ability

Homeworld (Hive) > Background (Outcast) > Role (Desperado)

PAGE 66 - Desperados are a motley group, comprising scum, bounty hunters, slavers, pirates, and renegades , all people who exist on the border or beyond the law.

Some people just want to let the galaxy burn.

Totally Robin!

The Mystery machine as a Rhino APC...Oh boy! :D

Velma: "Jinkies! That looks like a greater daemon of khorne!"

Scooby: "Reah, Roodristher!"

Fred: "Let's catch it gang!"

Shaggy: "Zoinks! Ho about let's not!"

Daphne: "Guys! I think these daemonettes are comming on to me!"

Yeah I'll get back later with some more proper answers, right now my mind is realing with scooby doo 40k slashfic.

Sorry, Sort of zoned when you said Lynata and slashfic. :D

Sorry, Sort of zoned when you said Lynata and slashfic. :D

Aaagh don't go there! You wanna get purged? ;)

4e964cf2ba1063fdf931472597c2d712.jpg

Okay back on topic:

With Mulder & Scully I'm thinking along these lines:

Mulder: Hive world + Adeptus administratus + Seeker

Scully: Shrine World + Adeptus administratus + Chirurgeon

This just off the top of my head here.

I think Mulder would be high born, and Scully would be something military like battle fleet do to her being a navy brat. .

Also thinking on what their stats and class would be. I worked out Kirk as well and I think his is most likely a rouge trader class, with an eldar first officer. Kirk ws 40, bs 35, str 35, t 37, ag 37, int 40, per 41, wil 38, fel 55.

Mulder, ws 32, bs 34, str 34, t 33, ag 34, int 40, per 45, wil 43, fel 39. Scully, ws 38, bs 35, str 28, t 38, ag 35, int 40, per 34, wil 39, fel 34.

Just tought off putting the crew of the USS Enterprise into 40k (maybe they flew backwards around the sun or something).

Kirk: "Are you sure, Bones?"

Bones: "Yes, Jim!"

Kirk: "So all the orks are..."

Spock: "Savages with a gestalt psychic field and traces of gene-"

Bones: "Shut up Spock. What I'm trying to say Jim, is: There are no female orks."

Kirk: "Okay! Gentle-men i have madeup my...mind. Set course for... thenearest Eldar craftworld!"

Bones: "Oh boy here we go again."

Spock: "Sir, I have anilised these mechanicum datafiles about the tyranid species."

Kirk: "And?"

Spock: "Amongst their species there exist such creatures as Norn Queen, a Dominatrix, and a Brood mother."

Kirk: "Brood mother? Dominatrix? Hot ****!"

Bones: "Goddamit Spock!"

If anyone wants to stat these guys, go right ahead

Also thinking on what their stats and class would be. I worked out Kirk as well and I think his is most likely a rouge trader class, with an eldar first officer. Kirk ws 40, bs 35, str 35, t 37, ag 37, int 40, per 41, wil 38, fel 55.

Mulder, ws 32, bs 34, str 34, t 33, ag 34, int 40, per 45, wil 43, fel 39. Scully, ws 38, bs 35, str 28, t 38, ag 35, int 40, per 34, wil 39, fel 34.

So...one of the greatest character of some universe being as weak as a starting character except maybe for fel?

I may have been thinking starting stats when I did that. Please adapt as you see fit.

When I was first playing around with the DH2 chargen system, I threw together a Richard B. Riddick clone just to see how it would come together.

Hive World / Outcast / Assassin.

Edited by Vorzakk

Yeah indeed my bad, on my other side I thought as showing them as they are "actually" in the show.

Just tought off putting the crew of the USS Enterprise into 40k (maybe they flew backwards around the sun or something).

Kirk: "Are you sure, Bones?"

Bones: "Yes, Jim!"

Kirk: "So all the orks are..."

Spock: "Savages with a gestalt psychic field and traces of gene-"

Bones: "Shut up Spock. What I'm trying to say Jim, is: There are no female orks."

Kirk: "Okay! Gentle-men i have madeup my...mind. Set course for... thenearest Eldar craftworld!"

Bones: "Oh boy here we go again."

Spock: "Sir, I have anilised these mechanicum datafiles about the tyranid species."

Kirk: "And?"

Spock: "Amongst their species there exist such creatures as Norn Queen, a Dominatrix, and a Brood mother."

Kirk: "Brood mother? Dominatrix? Hot ****!"

Bones: "Goddamit Spock!"

If anyone wants to stat these guys, go right ahead

tumblr_mpnoi2II431so6usgo1_1280.jpg

Fictional characters re-imagined as DH characters/classes. What would Mulder, Scully, Olivia Dunham, Walter Bishop, Peter Bishop, Fred, Daphne, Velma, Shaggy, Agents of Shield, or Malcolm Reynolds be like in the DH universe? Weapons, equipment?

The great thing about Fringe and the X-Files is that if you wanted to bring these characters into your game it wouldn't take much effort as these two shows (which arguably exist in the same universe as each other) can be crossed over with anything.

One can easily imagine one of Walter Bishop's experiments go hideously wrong, teleporting himself, Peter and Olivia into the nightmarish future of the 41st millenium and popping into existence in front of the players on the mean streets of Hive Desoleum...

I'm now going to have to resist that temptation.

And they are basically already accolites.

That's kinda what I was going for. I was thinking about using them as rival inquisitor's party. Red headed short Adeptus Sotoras, Seeker who believes in Xenos, Blond unregistered psychic Adeptus arberter, Older crazy Tech priest, Outcast desperado.

Blond unregistered psychic Adeptus arberter

Made me think of Psi-Judge Anderson.

ac363ea5-fcfb-4ae6-900f-5aac7aa72f18.jpg

This is my personal Rogue's Gallery of "analogs" (aka Villains) - nothing "cartoony" about this list...

The Rogues Gallery
Note, some villains below are featured in both print and cinema - the version chosen below was selected based on preferrence of taste and or artisitic direction or by the actor's display of the role...

Captain Vidal - The Movie, Pan's Labyrinth
Vladis Grutas - The Movie, Hannibal Rising
Early Grayce - The Movie, Kalifornia
"the Sisters" and their leader Bogs - Shawshank Redemption
"The Operative" The Movie, Serenity the Movie
Captain Ahab - The Novel, Moby ****
Annie Wilkes, Kathy Bates - The Movie, Misery
Archibald Cunningham - The Movie, Rob Roy
Jack Torrence - The Movie, The Shining
Jean-Claude - The Movie, Taken
Shere Khan - The Movie, The Jungle Book
The White Witch - The Movie, The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe
Bill Sikes - The Movie, Oliver Twist
Fagen - The Movie, Oliver Twist
Jean ValJean - The Movie, Le Mis
Iago - Othello
Max Cady - Cape Fear
Esteban - The Movie (1994), Fresh
Sir John Falstaff- Henry the Fifth
Mr Glass - The Movie, Unbreakable
Count Orlock - The Movie, The Shadow of the Vampire
The Joker – Batman, prolly one of the few kiddie villains I can take seriously

Added 4/5/16

Hippo (Chappie)

Agent Kruger (Elysium)

Edited by MorbidDon

Yeah it saves a lot of time when you use pre-established personalities for NPCs.

Yeah it saves a lot of time when you use pre-established personalities for NPCs.

Additionally, I find that it helps me keep my NPC's from coming across too similar.

I also would use "Cad-bane" as a mutant bounty hunter (aka mutant filth) - who's mutations are obvious - but he's Cad-bane, he doesn't care LOL