Tekken 6, King of the Iron Dud tournament

By Awaken2, in UFS Off Topic

Homme Chapeau said:

TripsEX said:

Tekken 6 is awesome. Go **** yourselves.

90% juggle rage lolz.

That doesn't happen in T6 BR.

The original Tekken 6 wasn't released on console. Because of stuff like that. We got the revision, and it was called T6 for console to not confuse people who don't have arcades/aren't into comp. scenes. Quick way to tell for vids, is that T6 BR has green lifebars, original has orange.

And I <3<3<3<3 VF. If VF5R v. B came to America, I'd quit T6 in a heartbeat. T5 needed lots of patches to be acceptable then T6 being out for years....ehhhhhh. Couldn't even get behind it.

DaiAndOh said:

And I <3<3<3<3 VF. If VF5R v. B came to America, I'd quit T6 in a heartbeat.

Quoted for absolute truth.

DaiAndOh said:

And I <3<3<3<3 VF. If VF5R v. B came to America, I'd quit T6 in a heartbeat. T5 needed lots of patches to be acceptable then T6 being out for years....ehhhhhh. Couldn't even get behind it.

360 version is revision B.

Revision C was arcade only IIRC.

Homme Chapeau said:

DaiAndOh said:

VF5R v. B

Virtua Fighter 5 R version B.

It's not the same as Virtua Fighter 5 version B.

ROTBI said:

Homme Chapeau said:

DaiAndOh said:

VF5R v. B

I wouldn't know, the sheer NOBODY GIVES A **** ABOUT VF IN AMERICA ESPECIALLY IT'S PUBLISHER leads me to not care. R is the one where they added two characters from standard 5, right? Karate guy and the return of TAKA-ARASHI (YESSSSSSSSSSSS)

Homme Chapeau said:

MarcoPulleaux said:

LOL@online, learn to make friends guys.

And after you school them so bad they don't wanna play you anymore, what do you do?

Tell them to pick up Steve and Law so they stop losing.

MarcoPulleaux said:

Only 2 characters viable?

Failure.

Homme Chapeau said:

ROTBI said:

Homme Chapeau said:

DaiAndOh said:

VF5R v. B

I wouldn't know, the sheer NOBODY GIVES A **** ABOUT VF IN AMERICA ESPECIALLY IT'S PUBLISHER leads me to not care. R is the one where they added two characters from standard 5, right? Karate guy and the return of TAKA-ARASHI (YESSSSSSSSSSSS)

"Nobody in America caring about it" doesn't make it any less good. Yes there were 2 more characters, more customizations, and rebalanced movelists.

ROTBI said:

"Nobody in America caring about it" doesn't make it any less good. Yes there were 2 more characters, more customizations, and rebalanced movelists.

Who said it wasn't good? I only said we're never gonna get to play it.

Like, at all.

And that's terrible.

Homme Chapeau said:

MarcoPulleaux said:

Failure.

This is one of the most balanced Tekkens to come out in a while. Also, neither of those characters are even top tier in this version and are hard to pick up for newer players. Right now, tiers are very balanced but anybody can win. Jank characters like Marduk and Alisa have taken several overseas tourneys. Tekken is very big on fundamentals. If your movement, mindgames, and execution are good, then you can make anybody good in this game. Adapting from competitive sf4 to competitive tekken is VERY weird. But i am a 2d guy at heart and will probably this for ssf4. Still though, a very good game. The new juggle system is cool. I like how each combo now is broken up into pieces.

ShippuJinrai said:

Homme Chapeau said:

MarcoPulleaux said:

Failure.

This is one of the most balanced Tekkens to come out in a while. Also, neither of those characters are even top tier in this version and are hard to pick up for newer players. Right now, tiers are very balanced but anybody can win. Jank characters like Marduk and Alisa have taken several overseas tourneys. Tekken is very big on fundamentals. If your movement, mindgames, and execution are good, then you can make anybody good in this game. Adapting from competitive sf4 to competitive tekken is VERY weird. But i am a 2d guy at heart and will probably this for ssf4. Still though, a very good game. The new juggle system is cool. I like how each combo now is broken up into pieces.

See, this is the kind of stuff that is useful. Downplaying the sh*tty online by saying "durr hurr get some real friends." isn't.

The online play is total freaking trash. Its practically impossible to play with any normallity.
But like Shippu I really like the combo system. Which to be effective at involves alot of smaller combos.

Nfxon said:

The online play is total freaking trash. Its practically impossible to play with any normallity.
But like Shippu I really like the combo system. Which to be effective at involves alot of smaller combos.

I play online on fighting games.

I've seen zero with the exception of SF4 that got Online right.

Homme Chapeau said:

ROTBI said:

Who said it wasn't good? I only said we're never gonna get to play it.

Like, at all.

And that's terrible.

I don't know how you seem to manage misinterpreting everything I say, lol. I never said, that you said it wasn't good. I just said that it was good, regardless of the fact that many people (in America) don't seem to care about it's existence.

ROTBI said:

I don't know how you seem to manage misinterpreting everything I say, lol. I never said, that you said it wasn't good. I just said that it was good, regardless of the fact that many people (in America) don't seem to care about it's existence.

considering you weren't addressing my point AT ALL you're one to talk. I don't care about games I won't get to play.

Homme Chapeau said:

ROTBI said:

considering you weren't addressing my point AT ALL you're one to talk. I don't care about games I won't get to play.

Arguing on the internet is pointless, so I'll leave it at this: scroll up and see how every response I made to your posts directly addressed what you wrote.

I don't know what your issue with me is, dude, but whatever. happy.gif

ShippuJinrai said:

This is one of the most balanced Tekkens to come out in a while. Also, neither of those characters are even top tier in this version

Steve and Law are undeniably the top two characters in Tekken 6.

Anyone see Bob's story. He is freaking hilarious. Try his moveset. It is Rufus in 3d.

darklogos said:

Anyone see Bob's story. He is freaking hilarious. Try his moveset. It is Rufus in 3d.

Yeah, Rufus was kinda made to parody Bob. At least in terms of publishing dates. I'm more curious about Miguel anyway.

MarcoPulleaux said:

ShippuJinrai said:

This is one of the most balanced Tekkens to come out in a while. Also, neither of those characters are even top tier in this version

Steve and Law are undeniably the top two characters in Tekken 6.

Youre right and my fault shinji. I have hear so many different tier lists for this game on zaibatsu, arcadia, all over the place and i never really saw law or steve consistently ranked that high. Guess i wasnt paying attention.

But my point still stands that both take a LOT of time to learn and play effectively. Especially with the ridiculous overall to both character's movesets.

ShippuJinrai said:

But my point still stands that both take a LOT of time to learn and play effectively. Especially with the ridiculous overall to both character's movesets.

Overhaul to Steve Fox? I might actually LIKE playing the dude in 6.

Hm.

Did anyone get the T6 package with stick? I hear it's a HORI so...

Overhaul to Steve means pushing him to the top.

As for Law, yes, he did indeed get a major overhaul, but look at Law. He's a character that gets better every game, and this is no exception =/.

Didn't get the arcade stick. 150? Nah...I'll buy a cheaper stick plox

MarcoPulleaux said:

Overhaul to Steve means pushing him to the top.

As for Law, yes, he did indeed get a major overhaul, but look at Law. He's a character that gets better every game, and this is no exception =/.

Didn't get the arcade stick. 150? Nah...I'll buy a cheaper stick plox

Game + Stick is 150? (160 over here due to lol +10 bucks)

Yeah. I'd have blown that kind of money back in summer, when I, y'know, HAD IT.

Homme Chapeau said:

ShippuJinrai said:

Overhaul to Steve Fox? I might actually LIKE playing the dude in 6.

Hm.

Did anyone get the T6 package with stick? I hear it's a HORI so...

I got the PS3 Package with the stick and I was a little skeptical with the stick being wireless at first. However After using it for quite some time now I gotta say that IMO the fight stick is really good quality. It is very light weight and there is no response lag time at all. I would suggest it if you have not gotten a stick for Tekken yet and want one.

Drewkasa said:

I got the PS3 Package with the stick and I was a little skeptical with the stick being wireless at first. However After using it for quite some time now I gotta say that IMO the fight stick is really good quality. It is very light weight and there is no response lag time at all. I would suggest it if you have not gotten a stick for Tekken yet and want one.

I already have a HORI EX2 - I'd get it only because I want two sticks.