Tekken 6, King of the Iron Dud tournament

By Awaken2, in UFS Off Topic

No love for the Manly Miguel and his Manly Gun and Guitar?

Granted I don't main him anymore, but still....

DaiAndOh said:

If I wanted to play the Desperado I'd play... uh.

I'll get back to you.

BTW : How's Dragunov for those who've played? Looks interesting.

I've only really played against him.

I know he made his debut on 5DR but I've been out of the loop since 4.

One word: creepy. He bugs me, he looks like a zombie nazi pedophile. What's worse is one of his outfits does make him look like a Nazi and his moves are named after horror things. Which I suppose is hilarious (one of his moves is called Living Dead).

Is he a zombie or just plain creepy like that?

YAY time for another Tekken rant! So I found the Armor King, again, and he beat me, again, but this is not the rant. In the past day I've fought approximately 10 different Kazuyas, just as many different Hwoarangs and about the same number of Baek. I could go on a rant and say "use someone else **** it" but I'm using one person myself. I'll give them that.

What I DO hate is when they use the same mixup combos (one or two, three tops) over and over. Kazuya of course has his jump kick, low spin kick, low spin kick, mid kick, also has his low kick, mid punch and the flip he does. Anyone else tired of someone who ONLY does these three? I can't block the low kicks on reaction, even though I can clearly see he's doing them and I clearly attempt to block, because of the "invisible" lag. i.e. I already got hit on his copy of the game, and thus in my copy I'm not allowed to block. There's also the one move (I think it's only one move) where he does two quick punches, a low kick, then either a mid attack or another low attack. How exactly can you block that in reaction?

Match start, launch, some punches, more punches, big punch, spinning kick, some other attack (wall), enter either mixup, enter either mixup, enter either mixup...

My x-box live expired so I'm out for a bit. I was maining Ganryu and loving it. People looked at me crazy and said all mannor of things. I won a few games just on surprise alone. He is a great character. I decided to learn Raven since he can Naruto attack people. I'm learning that and a few other of his moves. When I fight someone way over my leauge i just set them up as a player I don't want to play based on skill level. I don't see them again unless its street fighter or soul caliber. Their player base is smaller. I send a gg to everyone I fight and try to get get people to do private games. I will say I got tired of fighting Eddie, CHristie, Lars, Jin, Alicia, and King. I saw those characters more then anyone else. I fought a Roger jr player. You know you are in for it if a guy plays him.

LOL I happen to main Dragunov now.

I think he's pretty fun. His movelist is pretty simple too I believe, a nice chunk are 3 button combinations (ie, 1,3,2 or 3,2,2...Tekken notation). He does some strong damage and like Marduk, has a unique risk free tackle.

DaiAndOh said:

LOL I happen to main Dragunov now.

I think he's pretty fun. His movelist is pretty simple too I believe, a nice chunk are 3 button combinations (ie, 1,3,2 or 3,2,2...Tekken notation). He does some strong damage and like Marduk, has a unique risk free tackle.

So he's a different Marduk?

Do not know if like - I loved the style, but I was never able to do much with it.

Since they patched it, I think I'll get this over the holidays.

darklogos said:

I will say I got tired of fighting Eddie, Christie, Lars, Jin, Alicia, King, Bryan, Lee, Lei, Asuka, Armor King, Devil Jin, Kazuya, Hwoarang, Baek, Law and that ***** LILI . I saw those characters more then anyone else. I fought a Roger jr player. You know you are in for it if a guy plays him.

Corrected for more accuracy on my part.

It's sad, but I see more Devil Jins than Pauls. And I've also taken the habit of whenever I school a Law I save the replay. It's gotten THAT annoying.

In happier news, I FINALLY BEAT THAT ARMOR KING PLAYER. Jeez. Then I found him again and he was playing King so it sort of threw me off. I did get two rounds on him every time, so I must be getting better lol

Well, I got it.

Zazie is hilariously awful as a boss. Screw juggling, just counter hit his ass.

Also, after completing Scenario mode, I can officially say the following : It should be international law that NamcoBandai is forbidden from ever touching a script or designing characters ever again.

Homme Chapeau said:

Well, I got it.

Zazie is hilariously awful as a boss. Screw juggling, just counter hit his ass.

Also, after completing Scenario mode, I can officially say the following : It should be international law that NamcoBandai is forbidden from ever touching a script or designing characters ever again.

<_< >_>

And I fought Azazel knowing juggles better and he kind of only got one round against me out of 3 in the arena.

So you're saying, man of hat, that Tekken should go back to around... Tekken 3 where the story was still pointless and unimportant and no one cared? Because if so, where do I sign?

Homme Chapeau said:

DaiAndOh said:

If I wanted to play the Desperado I'd play... uh.

I'll get back to you.

BTW : How's Dragunov for those who've played? Looks interesting.

Dragunov isn't what he used to be in Tekken 6. In Tekken 6, he was every bit as scary in battle as he looks.

Either way, he's an extremely fun and interesting character, more on combos not so much launchers, and definitely a big surprise for those that don't expect. Best customizations as well :)

guitalex2008 said:

So you're saying, man of hat, that Tekken should go back to around... Tekken 3 where the story was still pointless and unimportant and no one cared? Because if so, where do I sign?

More like NamcoBandai can't write a good story/design a good character even if it fell in their lap nowadays. I'm generalizing mostly because we all know Alisa was designed like that because they needed another crossover character in Super Robot Wars : Original Generation.

I don't mind stories in my fighting games. I mind when they might as well not have been there for 99% of the characters (no seriously is there any point in not using Lars in Scenario Campaign?).

Also, I did try out Dragunov - indeed very fun, but I'm probably going to gravitate more towards Paul. His d+1+2 and f+1+4 wreak havoc online because everyone forgets Paul can attack with his back faster than with his fists. Leads to a Knock Down situation as well.

Homme Chapeau said:

(no seriously is there any point in not using Lars in Scenario Campaign?).

Not wanting to pay 3,860,000 for a full Bastet costume to complement my Bastet Hands for Zafina.

All while trying to buy an Aura or Ki, at 7 or 10 million apiece.

Sure, right now it's a Bastet rainbow since I couldn't collect a full set of a single color yet, but it's getting there.

Homme Chapeau said:

More like NamcoBandai can't write a good story/design a good character even if it fell in their lap nowadays. I'm generalizing mostly because we all know Alisa was designed like that because they needed another crossover character in Super Robot Wars : Original Generation.

I have no idea WTF I'll be thinking if I see her in Endless Frontier 2 0_o;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;

@ Shinji: BISOOOOOOOOOOONNNNNNNNNNNNN!

DaiAndOh said:

@ Shinji: BISOOOOOOOOOOONNNNNNNNNNNNN!

YYYYYYYYYYEEESSSSSS!

guitalex2008 said:

Homme Chapeau said:

(no seriously is there any point in not using Lars in Scenario Campaign?).

Not wanting to pay 3,860,000 for a full Bastet costume to complement my Bastet Hands for Zafina.

All while trying to buy an Aura or Ki, at 7 or 10 million apiece.

Sure, right now it's a Bastet rainbow since I couldn't collect a full set of a single color yet, but it's getting there.

I was thinking more storyline wise but yeah.

Anyone here played Leo? I liked him well enough when unlocking his ending, but I dunno.

Homme Chapeau said:

I was thinking more storyline wise but yeah.

Anyone here played Leo? I liked her well enough when unlocking her ending, but I dunno.

The guide book refers to Leo as a guy, but in the secret items section it says that the Naginata can give an additional move to all the male characters and Leo. Why make the exception if those huge pecs weren't in fact, breastises?

Namco already admitted it.

Leo plays like Lili in DR I think.

Creator of Tekken guy says he wants to keep it unknown.

Most things point to male. Ah well.

guitalex2008 said:

The guide book refers to Leo as a guy, but in the secret items section it says that the Naginata can give an additional move to all the male characters and Leo. Why make the exception if those huge pecs weren't in fact, breastises?

Because they are still trying to make Leo's gender ambiguous.

Leo has not yet been confirmed to be a guy nor girl, and while I happen to think it's a boy, I can easily see where it could be female (oh androgeny =/)

DaiAndOh said:

Note to Namco - Androgyny is passé. Also, your obvious reference to Lion is duly noted, but Lion is cooler (Chinese martial arts? Blond cute guy? Yeaaah... not subtle - Kinda the same with Goh/Dragunov - zombie grappler? WHY SURE THAT IS SO ORIGINAL)

But seriously though, I've been trying to find someone to replace Paul. I love the guy, don't get me wrong, but his playstyle is so counter to the way Tekken is played (Juggle moar, and he's got what... 2 launchers at best?) that I doubt I'll ever be efficient with him. My record of 1-8 shows this heavily.

Homme Chapeau said:

DaiAndOh said:

Note to Namco - Androgyny is passé. Also, your obvious reference to Lion is duly noted, but Lion is cooler (Chinese martial arts? Blond cute guy? Yeaaah... not subtle - Kinda the same with Goh/Dragunov - zombie grappler? WHY SURE THAT IS SO ORIGINAL)

But seriously though, I've been trying to find someone to replace Paul. I love the guy, don't get me wrong, but his playstyle is so counter to the way Tekken is played (Juggle moar, and he's got what... 2 launchers at best?) that I doubt I'll ever be efficient with him. My record of 1-8 shows this heavily.

I hate Tekken physics.

guitalex2008 said:

Actually, Namco already confirmed Leo to be female. Paul doesn't need to launch. He just needs to slam you to the ground so your legs are up, then hit your legs and propel you into the air for juggling.

I hate Tekken physics.

Again - androgyny is still passé

Also, that doesn't work half as well as a proper launcher. 'cause most of his non-counterhit KDs have too much recovery to take proper advantage of that. Also, some KDs in VF do this. It's not just Tekken physics.

Paul is a fine character really. He's quite a contender and if you feel comfortable playing Paul, then you should stick with it.

He's no Zafina for sure.

guitalex2008 said:

Homme Chapeau said:

DaiAndOh said:

Actually, Namco already confirmed Leo to be female. Paul doesn't need to launch. He just needs to slam you to the ground so your legs are up, then hit your legs and propel you into the air for juggling.

I hate Tekken physics.

Yeah, I thought that was pretty common knowledge. Someone at Namco let slip that Leo was a girl way before it was even released.

sounds like a great game , i'm tempted .