Confused about evasive monsters . . . .

By Glasgow Scotland, in Arkham Horror Second Edition

Tibs said:

If for no other reason, Dam, you might like Agricola because it's such a struggle. You have to keep your little bastards fed each harvest, and that's a huge challenge sometimes. I guess you aren't a Eurogamer, but you might want to give this game a try, at least once.

The 'Gric expansion is supposed to be available this month, and I CAN'T WAIT to have to heat my home as well as feed my family! Hardship makes for a fun fun game. Horse stew, anyone?

Can I attack the others farmers/families and steal their stuff (pitchforks, axes, heck, look at Hank Samson)? Can I burn their farm to the ground and sell their childrens to slavery? Can I report them to the feudal lord for something that isn't true and have them flogged?

Unless all three are "Yes", not a game for me gran_risa.gif . In many Euros, there is no direct conflict, merely indirect one, blocking mostly. At least in Talisman (as an example), somebody attacks you, you can jump back at them and get payback in a direct PvP manner.

Eh, yup. Agricola is a "blocking" game, so you wouldn't like it I guess. However it's worth noting that it can be played 1 player. You'll get the satisfaction of hardship without feeling like it's missing a crucial PvP element.

Tibs said:

Eh, yup. Agricola is a "blocking" game, so you wouldn't like it I guess. However it's worth noting that it can be played 1 player. You'll get the satisfaction of hardship without feeling like it's missing a crucial PvP element.

Solitaire is always a bonus, but as mentioned, theme is my #1 reason for getting into a game. Agricola gets a big, fat EPIC FAIL in that category.

Dam said:

Tibs said:

Solitaire is always a bonus, but as mentioned, theme is my #1 reason for getting into a game. Agricola gets a big, fat EPIC FAIL in that category.

It's not Eurogames, but have you ever played "The Last Night On Earth", Dam?

It's an entertaining zombie game which in some ways is almost like playing a zombie movie as a board game.