I checked it out (an observation by a pro-v3 guy)

By PzVIE, in Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay

ynnen said:

pumpkin said:

No problem, now the game is getting close to release, I'm get quite impatient to find out as much about it as possible, just let me buy it already FFG!!!

were the sizes of the cards the US standard and small size? I assume the cards are going to get a lot of use within the group and so I'm thinking of using card protectors but as far as I'm aware FFG haven't confirmedwhat size the cards are yet (although I assume US size)

This was discussed at GenCon and in a few other places, but I'm sure it's been lost in the great e-shuffle. I can shed some light on this.

Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay uses a combination of Mini American and Standard American size cards, based on the type of information contained on the card (for example, Locations and Actions use the Standard American size, while Wounds and Talents use the Mini American size).

Mini American Cards: 1 5/8" x 2 1/2" (41x63 MM)
Examples of games with cards that this sleeve will fit: Arkham Horror™, Twilight Imperium®&™, World of Warcraft: The Board Game™, Red November™, Cave Troll™

Standard American Cards: 2 1/4" x 3 1/2" (56x87 MM)
Examples of games with cards that this sleeve will fit: Citadels™, Munchkin™, Descent: Journeys in the Dark™, War of the Ring™, Bohnanza™

Cheers for the info Jay; right off to buy some card protectors, I've seen wht my players do with their hands in theri spare time and it isn't pretty!

pumpkin said:

Cheers for the info Jay; right off to buy some card protectors, I've seen wht my players do with their hands in theri spare time and it isn't pretty!

"Make a Toughness Test!"

"Why?"

"You touched a card previously touched by [name of filthy player]. Now you have to check for the Gallopping Trots!"

partido_risa.gif

Oh my - where are the times when every player used his own dice and his own pen & paper. So much more hygenic!

pumpkin said:

right off to buy some card protectors, I've seen wht my players do with their hands in theri spare time and it isn't pretty!

I can't bear to watch. Card protectors are probably a good idea although a full page pocket protector may be better. 31IGFTMQ25L._SL500_AA280_.jpg

Jh

Doesnt the 3 page protector defeat the purpose by turning the cards into a page in a book. Though handy removeable pages gui%C3%B1o.gif

Though protectors of some sort will be just about essential I would think.

Loswaith said:

Doesnt the 3 page protector defeat the purpose by turning the cards into a page in a book. Though handy removeable pages gui%C3%B1o.gif

Though protectors of some sort will be just about essential I would think.

Well, there are a lot of people complaining that the cards are ... well, cards, and not in book form. The page protectors might make them happy :)

NezziR said:

Well, there are a lot of people complaining that the cards are ... well, cards, and not in book form. The page protectors might make them happy :)

It might make it easier to find that specific card that you might need to hand to a player.

The career specific cards could even be organized, page by page.

Not a bad idea!

Necrozius said:

NezziR said:

It might make it easier to find that specific card that you might need to hand to a player.

The career specific cards could even be organized, page by page.

Not a bad idea!

You need to handle the cards during play. Lay them out when you use them, put tokens on them, flip them over when your stance changes... The cards will be organised into decks, not books. I don't think full page card protectors will be of any use here.

Jericho said:

You need to handle the cards during play. Lay them out when you use them, put tokens on them, flip them over when your stance changes... The cards will be organised into decks, not books. I don't think full page card protectors will be of any use here.

What I meant was that instead of sorting through a huge deck of cards to find that one specific action that you just bought, you can flip though plastic card holder pages to find it. You can even put all of the action cards from specific careers on the same page for easy retrieval and reference.

I'm not recommending each player holding their cards in one of these page all the time. Just for first time retrieval.

Obviously, this wouldn't be used for any decks that rely on random draws.

Actually, it could still work during play, if a bit more work. You have one "page" that is your active cards and it lays in front of you. You put tokens on the page (on the card), and slide the card out and flip it over if it should need to flip over (or flip the entire page if more need to be flipped), etc. Again, it's a bit more work and might not be something you would want to do, but it is possible to play using one.

dvang said:

Actually, it could still work during play, if a bit more work. You have one "page" that is your active cards and it lays in front of you. You put tokens on the page (on the card), and slide the card out and flip it over if it should need to flip over (or flip the entire page if more need to be flipped), etc. Again, it's a bit more work and might not be something you would want to do, but it is possible to play using one.

Come to think of it, if you stance changes, then ALL of your action cards need to be flipped, correct?

Perhaps a plastic sheet WOULD be a good idea.

Or simply, keep your action cards in a page protector. You can still put counters on them and when you change stance you can save time by flipping the whole lot over at once. cool.gif

Bertolac said:

Or simply, keep your action cards in a page protector. You can still put counters on them and when you change stance you can save time by flipping the whole lot over at once. cool.gif

Oh yeah right: the counters. I keep forgetting about those damned COUNTERS! ARGH! enfadado.gif

Nothing to see here. My previous posts should be ignored now (for some of you, that won't change much).

Necrozius said:

dvang said:

Come to think of it, if you stance changes, then ALL of your action cards need to be flipped, correct?

Perhaps a plastic sheet WOULD be a good idea.

Except that cards already in play with counters on them are not flipped over when your stance changes. I get the sense that cards in your hand get played when you (attempt to) use the ability and are played face up in the "in play" area based on your stance. While they are recharging, they aren't in your hand and therefore aren't available to be played. Once all the recharge counters have been removed, it can be taken back into your hand where it is then available to be put back into play again as an action. Note that if you aren't successful in executing the action, the card immediately returns to your hand and can be tried again as soon as you have an opportunity to act again. It is only if it is successfully executed that the card remains in play and has recharge counters placed on it. For actions like spells, which may have a lasting effect, it is the stance you were in when the spell was cast that determines the possible effects, not your current stance. This prevents someone from taking a conservative stance to cast, making it more likely to succeed, then changing stance to get the more desireable effects listed on the aggressive side of the card.