By GRAAK, in WFRP Gamemasters

Hi! In the adventure I read the following stats:

Damage Rating: 5
Critical Rating: 3
Group: Ordinary
Encumbrance: 4
Korden’s Hammer is of superior
craftsmanship; its wielder adds Δ to the dice
pool of all attacks made while wielding it.
Against Daemons, Korden’s Hammer inflicts +2
damage for each fortune point spent to enhance the
attack’s dice pool.
How cool are this stats in the 3rd ed. ruleset? I play 2nd edition and tomorrow I would like to throw my group in Eye for an Eye.
I thought something similar for the 2nd edition:
Gromril made: +5 WS and +1 damage
Master Rune of Skalf Blackhammer: Any weapon bearing this rune counts as having the Impact Quality and gains a +3 bonus on damage rolls.
Curse of the ancestors: if used without the intention to bring it back to its Karak the user loses 1 Fortune Point every X days if he fails WP test with cumulative malus. (this will help me to throw them in Harrowers of Thane in the future).
What di you think? If any player knows both 3rd and 2nd ed rulesets I will be glad if he would like to suggest a rune (the ones from Realms of Sorcery)
THANK YOU!!

In alternative, I like also:

Rune of Grudges: On the first round of combat, the

wielder of a weapon bearing this rune can nominate one
enemy as a free action. For the remainder of this battle,
the wielder can re-roll all missed attacks made against his
chosen foe.

I'm not that familiar with 2nd edition, having played it very little. But the base stats on Korden's hammer are the same as a hand weapon (DR 5, CR3). Adding a white die gives a slightly better chance of hitting (a small bonus) which you get on any superior weapon. +2 damage makes it equal to a great weapon in damage when attacking deamons, but requires the spend of a fortune point (a characters has 3 per session). So that's also a minor bonus.

In 2nd ed you could probably base it on a hand weapon, and adding that it does SB+1 against daemons instead of SB, and making it of either of Good or Best craftmanship.

Edited by k7e9

What he said, you're talking about throwing on Master runes, and the thing is hardly even worth a +1 to damage. Make it superior, give it some kind of bonus to damage against Deamons, and then put it down, because it needs no more. None I say!

Thank you both, that's exactly the info I need! :)