Aurora Squad Builder: News and Updates

By VanderLegion, in X-Wing

Version 1.3.1 released on both iOS and Android! Android gets symbols now too (except in the pilot/upgrade abillity text sadly)

Fix crash when searching upgrades
Center stat symbols with the numbers
Show correct symbol based on attack arcs
Only allow Unique droids for Havoc
Only allow 3 cost or less mods for smuggling compartment
Don't show unique or limited cards that are already in use
Don't show expensive crew for TIE Shuttle
Added a search bar to the Squadrons view
Use buttons instead of toolbar items for import/export/etc to fix formatting issues from third party library used
Add some more sorting options - Alphabetical, wins, losses, total games, (and the current manual option)
Update for the Erratas from the new FAQ
Add the capability to limit upgrades to a max number in a squad
Jumpmaster nerf is not implemented yet, will do an OTA update closer to the effective date

Is Guns For Hire in the Collection set?

I see the pilots, but must be missing the expansion.

Edited by Lobokai

At some point over the weekend I was having more trouble than usual opening the app (on my ipod touch). I noticed there was a new upgrade so I installed it, but now the app won't open at all. I doubt it's reporting so I wanted to let the most gracious VanderLegion know. Thanks for all your good work! The new upgrade sounds great.

Perhaps I should just delete and reinstall, but I'm hesitant to lose all my squads and I'm not smart enough to have turned on the dropbox back up, oops.

I would love some Google Drive backups of my squadrons because I'm not a Dropbox user at all. I guess I'm not alone on this (minor) issue?

iCloud backups could be nice too.

Thanks for your great app!

On 10/27/2017 at 10:15 PM, Lobokai said:

Is Guns For Hire in the Collection set?

I see the pilots, but must be missing the expansion.

haven't gotten it added to the expansions yet. I MIGHT get time to do that today

2 hours ago, RebelRogue said:

At some point over the weekend I was having more trouble than usual opening the app (on my ipod touch). I noticed there was a new upgrade so I installed it, but now the app won't open at all. I doubt it's reporting so I wanted to let the most gracious VanderLegion know. Thanks for all your good work! The new upgrade sounds great.

Perhaps I should just delete and reinstall, but I'm hesitant to lose all my squads and I'm not smart enough to have turned on the dropbox back up, oops.

Before you delete and reinstall, you can download the squadrons.xwc file from itunes using itunes file sharing. Then you can put it back after reinstalling to have all your squads still. Generally, when the app won't launch at all for people, the fault lies with either the squadrons list (in which case putting them back after reinstalling will just break it again) or somwthing with custom cards (which reinstalling will also delete, though you can back them up the same way as the squadrons.xwc file). If you email me the squadrons.xwc file (and any files ending with _custom.xml if you have custom cards) I can use them to figure out what the problem is. [email protected]

44 minutes ago, bartdevuyst said:

I would love some Google Drive backups of my squadrons because I'm not a Dropbox user at all. I guess I'm not alone on this (minor) issue?

iCloud backups could be nice too.

Thanks for your great app!

I can look into other sync options.

25 minutes ago, VanderLegion said:

Before you delete and reinstall, you can download the squadrons.xwc file from itunes using itunes file sharing. Then you can put it back after reinstalling to have all your squads still. Generally, when the app won't launch at all for people, the fault lies with either the squadrons list (in which case putting them back after reinstalling will just break it again) or somwthing with custom cards (which reinstalling will also delete, though you can back them up the same way as the squadrons.xwc file). If you email me the squadrons.xwc file (and any files ending with _custom.xml if you have custom cards) I can use them to figure out what the problem is. [email protected]

Many thanks. Now that I read this, I remember seeing something similar a few pages back. I'm sorry for not remembering but I appreciate the help!

OTA update is available for the Sheathipede spoilers and the Jm5K nerf

Maul will need a full app update to work with rebel lists using Ezra, so he'll only show up for scum for now.

Having an issue where I can’t see the Arturi Cluster listed in factions. I had an iPad crash and had to reinstall a lot of stuff, and now I’ve lost the Arturi option.

Great app, I’m just getting started with it, but already love it.

On 11/25/2017 at 1:21 AM, Darth SJ said:

Having an issue where I can’t see the Arturi Cluster listed in factions. I had an iPad crash and had to reinstall a lot of stuff, and now I’ve lost the Arturi option.

Great app, I’m just getting started with it, but already love it.

There's no built in faction for Aturi Cluster. Had you made a custom one?

Could you please add wave 13 preview stuff?

7 hours ago, GLEXOR said:

Could you please add wave 13 preview stuff?

Considering this is a free effort; which for one am greatful patience is required I feel

Just pushed an OTA update with all of the cards from waves 12 and 13 and adding the expansions to the collections page.

Shame there isn't a web version of this.

I like being able to make lists on my computer and the print to paper.

6 hours ago, VanderLegion said:

Just pushed an OTA update with all of the cards from waves 12 and 13 and adding the expansions to the collections page.

Thanks a ton for all you do!

7 hours ago, VanderLegion said:

Thanks a million!

6 hours ago, william1134 said:

Shame there isn't a web version of this.

I like being able to make lists on my computer and the print to paper.

I have debated trying to make a web version but haven't done anything to actually start the process

Thanks for all you do, @VanderLegion ! This app is amazing.

I usually do more work on my laptop than on my phone. Have you looked into making a version for the Windows store?

1 minute ago, Kieransi said:

Thanks for all you do, @VanderLegion ! This app is amazing.

I usually do more work on my laptop than on my phone. Have you looked into making a version for the Windows store?

I have not, but it's certainly something I could check out. The tools I use to build it should make it (relatively) easy to port to windows (I think)

10 hours ago, VanderLegion said:

Thanks! This is awesome.

Decided to go ahead and open source the project (been thinking about it for a while, but been too lazy to actually do it). Feel free to check out the code or contribute if desired. https://github.com/timrisi/AuroraSquadBuilder/

Version 1.3.2 is available now for iOS. Android version should be coming soon.

Add dials for waves 12 and 13
Add Force Touch options to the app icon
Create Rebel
Create Imperial
Create Scum
Browse Cards
Maul Crew should work in Rebel lists that include Ezra
Ezra crew should be Unique
Update UI to react to the iPhone X correctly
Change where to check for OTA udates
Add hidden keywords field for searching (so you can search for things like 'evade', 'focus', etc where the actual text no longer appears after switching to symbols).
Custom pilots should appear in the pilots list in PS order
Fixed Bugs:
Expansion name should not remain highlighted when returning to expansions list
Sometimes lose the ability to do context actions
Expansion card browser missing symbols for ship actions
App crashes when creating first custom pilot or upgrade

Hey VanderLegion,

I have been using the app for a bit, and love being able to see the dials. Other squadron builders don't have that feature.

Also are you using Xamrin for app creation?

Just now, FrozenPhyro said:

Hey VanderLegion,

I have been using the app for a bit, and love being able to see the dials. Other squadron builders don't have that feature.

Also are you using Xamrin for app creation?

Yup

Just a heads up, since the new update (thank you by the way), the app has gone back to crashing when I search for stuff, and sometimes just when scrolling :/

38 minutes ago, InterceptorMad said:

Just a heads up, since the new update (thank you by the way), the app has gone back to crashing when I search for stuff, and sometimes just when scrolling :/

For me too. Three times, always when searching for VI.